“Used to be nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Myerstown
Richmond, Rhode Island
“Used to be nice”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We have stayed here many times but hadn't been in several years. Not since it joined the quality inn group. Although it is undergoing reservations, we were horrified at the condition of the room including wear and tear and cleanliness. The renovations are years past due. If it weren't so late when we arrived we certainly would have left. Hope it is restored soon to its prior condition.

Room Tip: The diner next door is pretty good.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rich C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Maurertown, Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Well, restaurant service was slow and horrible. My son's food was inedible and when we told the server this she just smiled and walked away. The conversation from the server was inappropriate also. Then we went to the room. The lay out is NOT user friendly. It is NOT clean, the carpets are just disgusting. The staff is rude and argumentative. The breakfast area is dirty and not well maintained or stocked. NO thank you or receipt at check out. I

Room Tip: GO somewhere else where they appreciate the guest.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jennifer693

Travellers are raving about these Myerstown hotels

Middle-West Georgia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here as a rest stop between destinations, the were renovating during our stay. The layout of the hotel is not very user friendly, The hotel does not match other Choice hotels that we had stayed in the past. The furniture was a throwback from the 1980's , We were upgraded because of our Choice priviledge card, so I cannot speak for the so called lower end rooms. The room itself was tolerable, but the hallways and lobby were well below any Choice property acceptability. The continental breakfast was OK, we were told that the Lantern restaurant had better food choices. But we were just ready to get out as soon as possible. The Lobby and Staff were hospitable along with the pictured Amish wagon out front. I probably would not stay here again, but the motels in this town were far and few between.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a doorway to the courtyard,
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
nh
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times because of a meeting I attend.....this time I am saying " never again".....If i come to this meeting, I will stay elsewhere nearby. The only redeeming aspect is the old tavern across the parking lot which is charming, with good bar food.
Also, The staff is very friendly and kind and thoughtful. And, they are renovating now, so perhaps the future holds a better feel to the currently well used rooms.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms open onto the inner green courtyard which is pleasant. Main floor is best.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here bc I have two dogs but I would've felt more comfortable on a park bench w them. Dirty, smelly, huge stain on the rug in front of my room, wallpaper peeling off the wall, old fashioned and was not cheap! Don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Lucasmomrdc
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I remember when the Lantern was a wonderful property. But like so many, age and poor upkeep invisible reinvestment has taken its toll. The room itself was tolerable, but the hallways and lobby were well below any Choice property acceptability. Frankly I am amazed they have kept the brand and not had it pulled. They offer NO continental breakfast to business travelers, directing you to an less than spectacular Lantern restraunt. Forget the promised Fitness Room. What is not labeled OUT OF SERVICE, should be. Most disappointing Choice hotel stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Let me start by saying that we booked about one day prior to going to a concert in Hershey on July 6. We had three rooms, and three adults with four children under the age of 10. Two rooms were queen bedded (rooms 53 and 56) at $109 per room, per night. And one room was king bedded (room 33) at $129 per night. The outside of the hotel was very nicely landscaped, and was no representation of what we would find inside the hotel. The rooms were unbelievably "smoky", it was almost as if they allowed smoking in the rooms but NEVER opened a window or door to let them breathe. It was stifling and suffocating. I am not a smoker, but have stayed in smoking rooms before due to lack of availability, and I NEVER had one that reeked so badly of stale smoke. Aside from them, the furniture was very worn, old, and dated. Not in a good, antique-y way. In an old, yard sale, throw-away way. But we could handle the furnishing, not a super big deal. That smoke smell was HORRIBLE. We actually got home and I opened my suitcase and my clothes that I didn't even wear while we were there smelled like I just got home from a night out at a bar. The worst part was my friends room (room 56) had a bathroom that should have been condemned, or at the very least, the hotel should not have sold. Aside from the peeling paint in the bathroom, the shower was literally filthy and falling apart (see my photo below). I can not believe that Quality Hotels finds this resort to be up to standards. That bathroom alone should have closed the entire establishment down by health inspectors. PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE THIS HOTEL BY THE PHOTOS ON THEIR WEBSITE, or the fact that they boast "our hotel has everything you'd expect in a five star hotel". IT IS NOT 3 STAR, I could barely find it in me to give it a 2 star rating (which is what Priceline gave it). We honestly wished we saved $300+ and just slept in the car. PS- if you read my other reviews on Tripadvisor, you will see that I am very fair in my reviews. I try to find the good in everything. I could not, for the life of me, find a whole lot of good in this hotel.

Room Tip: PIck a different hotel altogether. Spend a few extra dollars- there is a Holiday Inn about 10 miles...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 3kidzlater
Also consider these accommodations in or near Myerstown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
Fairfield Inn & Suites - Lebanon Valley

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon? Share your experiences!