“Great campground”

Lake in Wood Resort
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I like the paved roads in the campground, and the Red Carpet site we had was very level, fairly large, and not right on top of your neighbors. The escort to the campsite was also a nice touch.

Campground staff were all very pleasant. Facilities are top notch and very clean. This is also one of the quietest campgrounds I have stayed in.

The only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars was because of the price. It is the most expensive campground I have visited in Pennsylvania.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gq9999
LakeInWood, Public Relations Manager at Lake in Wood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Dear gq9999,

Thank you for your feedback of your most recent stay with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities and that you found our staff pleasant and helpful. We are a five star camping resort with top notch facilities, and our price does reflect that!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

hi... I am a overworked nurse who brought her family here for mothers day & son b-day...check-in ppl very rude ... restaurant closed at 2pm on a sat and when they where open only offered hot dogs & hamburgers... they are trying to be a top shelf resort ... but bring lots of food yourself .....no break from cooking for the weary ......4 out of 5 staff very rude

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tyler l
LakeInWood, Public Relations Manager at Lake in Wood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hi tyler I,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the service of our staff. Your comments have been shared with our manager who will address this with our staff as a movement to improve our services. In regards to the cafe hours, we are still in our off-season until after Memorial Day, so some of our facilities, including the cafe, are running on off-season hours. While we do offer hot dogs and hamburgers, we have a much more extensive menu than that, which includes other lunch and dinner options and an entire breakfast menu.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Lake in Wood lives up to the Good Sam 10+10+10 rating. We enjoyed our weekend stay at Lake in Wood. First and foremost this is the cleanest campground we have ever been to. We stayed in a Red Carpet site which was a level concrete pad for the trailer and stone for the rest of the site, fire pit with grill attached which was great for cooking over the fire. The entire campground was paved and access to the sites was easy. At least half of the sites were drive through. There were plenty of activities for kids, ball field, playground, open fields, basketball court, mini golf course, game room, and more. They seem to have activities every weekend from April – October. The bathroom and bath houses were clean and spotless. There were 3 areas dedicated for dogs, one of them is approximately a half acre fenced in. Plenty of room to let the dogs run free safely. There is a restaurant in the campground called Gnome Café serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ate there twice once for breakfast and once for burgers and fries, the food was good. Everyone from the staff we met was pleasant and accommodating. The only thing we found wrong at all was out of Lake in Woods control and that was the noise of a nearby rock quarry during the day only. We made plans to return for another trip later this year. This is defiantly one of our favorite campgrounds so far.

Room Tip: Try to get a Red Carpet site
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank David J

Dear David J,

Thank you for sharing your review of your most recent stay with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of our park and all of the activities and amenities that we offer. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here with my three kids in the summer of 2013. My friend joined me the second and third night with her two kids. Going thru my notes on my phone before I trade it in and came across my review that I never posted. We had such a great time I feel bad not following thru with this review.

Allison and Pat were very nice and accomodating at check in. Went out of their way for me. Larry escorted us to our site which was #81. It had a slight slant but was very large and clean. I had taken my boards out of my motor home the week before because I had never used them. Ron came back with boards for me and made sure that I was alright. Great guys.

It rained really hard the first night and by the time we were up, maintenance was hard at work cleaning up the huge mess that the storm created. One of the cleanest, well kept camp grounds I have ever been. Gnomes, totem poles and beautiful flowers all over.

Kids swam all day. Indoor pool, large outdoor pool, smaller pool for younger kids with frog fountains, and small baby pool with things for them to splash around on. Water was clean and refreshing.

Lots for the kids to do. Bingo, playgrounds, hiking trails, tractor rides, miniature golf, bikes, ice cream from the cafe. Their favorite place by far.

I did hear some noise from the quarry, but to busy enjoying myself, my kids and my friends to pay any mind to it. I do not remember any rules that were so obnoxious that made me upset. The usual no running by the pool and little ones stay out of the hot tub.

Lots of memories made with my babies and will definitely return again and again!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear socoolmom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us! We are delighted to hear you found our staff helpful and accommodating and that you appreciated the cleanliness of our park and all of our amenities.

Happy to know you made some great memories! Looking forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Our first time experience here was in the summer of 2013 and we absolutely loved it! We will be back this year 2014 for another year of great experience and relaxation. The staff are on top of things and this is definitely a 5 star campground with 10's across the board, it is one of a few of the Cleanest campground along with the bathrooms that we have seen.

Room Tip: This is a campground and we stayed at site N 2x's and loved it! Perfect size for our 25 ft. trav...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CAMM0313

Dear CAMM0313,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent visit with us! We are delighted to know you had a great experience with us and that you found our staff helpful and our park clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed with my family in the red barn in late July 2012. We had so many activities planned outside the grounds that we were only able to enjoy the grounds for one day from our week there. It was not until we arrived that we realized the campground itself will suffice as a family getaway. We have booked the friendship home for late July of 2014. We can't wait. This time we will spend our days on the grounds and just one day out! The grounds are pretty and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Also the home rentals are very home like. All the comforts of home. The onsite restaurant is great and offers all sorts of foods bkfst lunch and dinner. As for the reviews that complain about the cameras, I feel very safe that there is surveillance where I take my children. This may not be the right place for campers who want to stay up making noise and getting drunk but it is perfect for a family who wants to vacation in a very clean beautiful and safe place with their children. Also great for couples as a relaxing and calm getaway. As for the rock quarry, you barely hear it. More of a faint background noise and does not last all day long or every day. Read well when renting a cabin or home. Some don't have all the amenities as others. Also the yurt and tipi don't have air conditioning. So you might not want those during a heat wave. I wish the yurt would have air conditioning. I would love to rent it but I need air conditioning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear M R,

Thank you for sharing your review with future guests! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities and activities and that you found our park welcoming and clean! We look forward to welcoming you back in one of our unique park model rentals.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

To start off I have been camping at Lake In Wood since the early 90's with my grandparents. Now I am 31. This past year my wife and i purchased a 27ft travel trailer and have been over the NorthEast with my 2 year old daughter. Lake In Wood might have some "rules" but I totally feel that this is the best camping resort ever. From the bathrooms to the camping sites, this place is beautiful. Just arriving onto the property you feel safe and like your at your home away from home. Good Job Lake In Wood.. Can't wait to come back !!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles W

Dear Charles W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our park! We are happy to hear that you have camped with us through the years and have made many wonderful memories here.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next camping adventure!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Narvon
Spring Gulch Resort Campground
Sun Valley RV Resort
Sun Valley RV Resort
#2 of 3 in Narvon
Circle M RV & Camping Resort
PA Dutch Country RV Resort

Been to Lake in Wood Resort? Share your experiences!