“Awesome RV Park In The Rolling Hills of Pennsylvania”

Lake in Wood Resort
Reviewed 26 July 2014

As previous reviewers have noted, this is a beautiful RV park nestled in a very scenic area of eastern Pennsylvania. In terms of condition and appearance, this is without doubt one of the best parks/campgrounds we've ever visited, with generously sized and level sites and typical amenities. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

If it was so great, why did I give it four and not five stars? Because the location, which is one of the park's strengths (and why we chose it, because we needed something in the Narvon area), is also a bit of a downside, particularly for those driving larger rigs. My wife and I have a longstanding inside joke about "the rolling hills of Pennsylvania" (long story), and that applied well and true to getting to Lake in Wood. Be prepared for some tight, steep, winding roads to get there. Another thing that is a bit of a pain (although a minor quibble) is that there's not really anywhere to park when you arrive to check in: you find yourself right there at the entry gate, which they don't want you to block but you don't have anywhere to go. So, they just buzz you through and you have to sort of pull out of the way while you check in.

Bottom line: a great park that I highly recommend, just be prepared for some fun driving to get there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KreelanWarrior
LakeInWood, Public Relations Manager at Lake in Wood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Dear KreelanWarrior,

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear you found our camping resort to be both beautiful and scenic. We are in the heart of the Dutch Country and you may experience some hills while traveling here, and unfortunately, we cannot do much about that. Next time, please call us at our office if you are having trouble and we can direct you to the best and easiest way to arrive at our park! Also, during heavy check-in time, we usually have someone at our gate to direct you, but otherwise, pulling to the side of our lot is fine.

Thanks again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were there just for a quick weekend getaway and absolutely loved it there! We will definitely be back! The campsites are very nice and have trees between each site to make them somewhat private. Be warned it is a huge campground - which is why most people have or rent golf carts...we walked it and it is doable - just alot of walking. Campground is very clean. Bath houses are clean as well. We just stayed at the campground all weekend enjoying the pool, playground, and mini golf. Next time we plan on doing the paddle boats as well - just ran out of time. They also have several planned activities going on - we did do the laser tag - which was alright - took a tractor ride out to the field, do not wear flip flops and wear pants if you have them - it is in the middle of the woods and you are walking/running through them. It is not your typical laser tag game - more of a capture the flag type game. We waited about 30 minutes and only got to play about 3 minutes...not sure I would do that again - but that was the only disappointing aspect to the weekend. Ice Cream at the camp store was very tasty and reasonable, as well as lunch at the Gnome cafe. Pool can be crowded - we could not find chairs the one day - but still had a fun time in the pool. Mini golf is 9 holes and cheap to play, so that was nice. Playground is really nice and kids enjoyed it! Campground is quiet and relaxing. I know some people have complained about too many rules - we didn't even notice it... only one we noticed was no kids under 18 in the hot tub...besides that I am not sure what rules everyone complains about. All workers we dealt with were very nice and helpful and everyone including the resident campers were very friendly. Can't wait to return again!

Room Tip: If you have kids that don't like walking and don't plan on renting a golf cart - try to get...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mom2B

Dear mom2B,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your most recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities and facilities, and that you had a great time. We strive to provide our guests with a fun, relaxing experience, and we are happy we were able to do that for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a gorgeous camping resort. Staff very friendly and helpful. There was plenty of activities for everyone although some of the ones listed are not available all the time. Showers are very clean and pretty up to date. They do have a late check out which could delay your check in if you are a early traveller. Gnome cafe is cash only, but the food is good. Pools were clean and just a fun area all around. Was fun walking around and looking at the themed areas you can rent. If you are located in the area around Friendship Circle or past that and you have to go to the shower house at night, bring a flashlight! The woods are very dense and they do not have the paths marked. If you are planning a day trip that will keep you out after the office closes (9:00 PM), be sure to stop by the office and get a pass so you can get back in. Shopping is an easy drive but not close. They offer golf cart rentals. Primarily this park caters to the long term seasonal campers, but they also like us who travel around too. They do try to go out of their way to make sure you have a good experience. Laundry facilities need help. I used the one by the pools. Some of the washers would kick off mid cycle and you have to reset them. They do not allow bleach to be used in the wash and in the laundry room I used, there was one small table to accommodate folding. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DeniseLittlejohn

Dear DeniseLittleJohn,

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, cleanliness, and all of our amenities. In regards to our check-in time, we never allow a late check-out for a guest if someone is scheduled to come into that site. Check-out for everyone is 2:00 PM and check-in is 3:00 PM. We also cater to both our seasonal campers as well as our transient campers equally and do our best to make everyone's stay as wonderful as possible!

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

stayed here on july 4, week, with my wife and our niece. very roomy. plenty of activities for us to do together. whole resort is very clean. staff above friendly and helpful. beds were comfy. lil shop has a lot of merchandise for the week, still need car for shopping.. pool facilities are a kiddie pool and a larger one for older kids and adults.. they offered a pool party with a dj. it was ok .. best part just hanging out with a nice fire toasting marshmallows with my wife and niece, just quiet, they are pretty strict with excessive noise,, love it would definately stay again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear brettnyc,

Thank you for sharing you review of your most recent stay with us! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities and amenities. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a relaxing camping getaway!

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed for three nights. Many activities to choose from but most are geared for older children and adults. The campground is clean and the sites are large and peaceful. It is also a very quiet campground, which is a nice change. The pool area is great and this is one particular area that is excellent for very young children, too. The campgrounds are well-maintained and the bathhouses are spotless!

I do agree with a previous reviewer about the lake; it's difficult to fish in because of the scum. It would also be nice to have a path that extends around the lake for those who aren't fishing.

One word of caution (which I don't see as a negative thing and just an FYI) that there are specific areas where you can't tell your dog. So, if you travel with your pooch, be on the lookout. I think this entry rely acceptable because many don't travel with dogs and, unfortunately, many don't clean up after their dogs.

Also, checking in can be difficult because there isn't an area for RVs that is out of the way of the parking lot. Cars get parked in easily.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pennstatekelly

Dear pennstatekelly,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of our park along with our facilities and amenities! In regards to our lake, we apologize if there was any algae in it during your stay. We regularly have to clean out the algae during the warm, humid months and we always do our best to keep it as clean and beautiful as possible. We also do have a trail that extends all the way around the lake, however golf carts can only be driven about halfway.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Let me just start by saying that my experience was tainted by a lack of information. I was travelling with my three children, ages 10, 15, and 17 to visit colleges and have some fun relaxation time. I let the resort know ahead of time that I would be arriving very late because of our long drive to get there. They generously accommodated this request by leaving our paperwork and gate card with map for us. It was raining when we arrived but we were able to find our site fairly easily. I was exhausted because the weather delayed our driving further and we arrived after midnight. It was pretty disappointing to open up our nice trailer home only to find out that it DID NOT include linens and no one had told us about this. I was sure it was a mistake but what could we do with the office closed and it being so late? We slept miserably atop the itchy bedspread with layers of clothing to keep us warm. The next day I called from our first college visit and the office person (who was very nice, as were all of the staff) said that she was glad I had called because they needed me to come to the office and fill out the contract and leave a deposit for the gate card (which I was not informed of earlier). I then found out that linens are not included and that they do not have any extras lying around. Who doesn't have one set of sheets per unit rental? I was very annoyed at this point because I rented the Deluxe Park Home and usually deluxe would mean linens, perhaps a few amenities. I had to find a cheap place to buy linens so we simply bought blankets that we could envelope ourselves in so as not to pay extra for something unnecessary and have to pack it all into our already full car to drive to our next destination. Additionally, the unit had one full bed and two sets of bunk beds. The bunk beds did not appear to be average size beds but were shortened for the park home so that my tall teens (6'3" and 5'11") were not able to sleep comfortably. They curled up in a ball, and probably not comfortably so, for the three nights we stayed there. It is sad because we were looking forward to our stay but ended up feeling relieved to leave and finally get a good night's sleep. On a more positive note, the grounds were really nice, clean, and they offered quite a bit of fun activities. The pool was nice, clean and in good condition. My children had fun with that. Mini golf was fun also and very reasonably priced. There is a game room/arcade and this space looked like a lot of fun although we did not have time to use it. The larger playground (they have two, one large and one small) was great for my kids. They hung out on the spinning top and had a blast with that. There were certain fun activities like family basketball, Bingo, and pool activities that we did not partake in but it was nice to know that these were available. The store had plenty of items and they served ice cream that was pretty good. The grounds certainly gave us plenty of options when not out and about (hence the rating). We did not use the lake or boats for fishing, however. The deluxe park model was decent but I did not see it as "Deluxe".They had a really nice deck to sit out on and a fire ring. There was a charcoal grill also outside. Inside was a gas stove but there were no pots or pans to cook with, just a broiler insert. I like to cook for my family and we don't grill everything, so this was disappointing given that the reason you rent with a kitchen is to make use of it. A microwave was available but nothing other than a plate to heat things in. There were sleeping accommodations for six but only enough utensils for three. We had to use plastic utensils (which were provided). Although toilet paper was made available, there was no dish soap nor hand soap available. Thankfully I had brought some hand soap but had to purchase the rest if I wanted to have clean dishes. There was no wine opener or other types of utensils other than a few spoons, forks, a few butter knives and one sharp knife. Overall I was disappointed in our experience and probably will not return. I had higher expectations given our stay at their sister resort on Cape Cod.

Room Tip: Make sure you inquire about what is included if you rent living quarters from them. Linens, soap, po...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Khi_p
LakeInWood, Public Relations Manager at Lake in Wood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Khi_p,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us! I am sorry to hear that your visit was not to your satisfaction. We send rental information sheets via email to every guest that books a rental unit with us, which clearly outlines in bold everything that the rental includes and everything you need to bring with you (linens, towels, pots & pans, and cooking utensils). We checked our records and you were emailed your rental information sheet at the time of booking. We expect our guests to read these rental information sheets to avoid a situation like this. Also, without knowing the height of our guests, we are not able to know if they would comfortably fit in the beds in the unit. However, we do have pictures of the insides of our rental units on our website and there is a floor plan included on the rental information sheets that we send out. We try our best to accommodate our guests and make them aware of exactly what the rental unit is like, and we are sorry we were not able to do that for you and your family.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our park amenities, cleanliness, and family activities! Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Spent 5 nights at camp ground. Very clean. Staff helpful. Nice pool area and cafe. Many activities to choose from. Site are very clean and roomy. We choose a pull out site. Lake and fishing was a lot of fun. Bath house very clean but did not use as rv had a bathroom. Nearest supermarket is a drive, so bring what you need before you get there. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear JerseyShoreGirl40,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of our park along with all of our amenities! Our closest grocery store is Shady Maple Farm Market, which is about a 15 minutes drive. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Narvon
Circle M RV & Camping Resort
PA Dutch Country RV Resort
Sun Valley RV Resort
Sun Valley RV Resort
#2 of 3 in Narvon

Been to Lake in Wood Resort? Share your experiences!