“We had a really fun time !”

Whitewater Rafting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitewater Rafting Adventures is the premier rafting and adventure outfitter in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains. Located just a short drive from the historic town of Jim Thorpe, Whitewater Rafting Adventures has been offering outdoor adventures for over 30 years. We are family owned and operated, love what we do and believe that it shows. Whether you are looking to raft class II and III rapids on the Lehigh River, take a Zipline ride, have an adrenaline pumping paintball shootout or enjoy a bike ride along the Lehigh Gorge Trail, Whitewater Rafting Adventures will provide you with a memorable outdoor experience in addition to the personal service that you deserve. Our friendly staff and knowledgeable guides are driven to provide you with the safest and most action packed adventure possible. Our focus is, and always will be, on making sure that you have a fun, safe and memorable day. You are important to us and we want you to feel that way. Come whitewater rafting and experience the WRA difference. Fresh air, good friends and a great time, you'll be glad you did.
Petersburg
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“We had a really fun time !”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went with my husband to celebrate my 50th birthday. There were 92 people in our group. We thought that was a lot but once you finally get in the raft and see all the other tour group right there also, you realize that the river traffic will be like sitting on the Garden State Parkway on a Saturday afternoon. We had to get our group to the side of the river several times to let other groups pass just to keep our group somewhat together.

We had one other couple in our raft and it made for an enjoyable afternoon. The trip took about 5 hours. We had scheduled for 12:15 but never got into the raft until almost 2:15. Not sure why the big delay. The trip gives you a workout and we slept well that night. It is a little scary getting caught up on the rocks for the first time and seeing a fleet of rafts coming straight at you.

We brought our own lunch but will purchase theirs the next time we come. The snack bar is right there and the lunches looked great.

The guides were great as well. We will do it again

Visited August 2014
1 Thank kpfjadip

West Amwell, New Jersey
“Great time!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We all had a great time yesterday! I highly recommend Whitewater Rafting Adventures! Friendly staff , great guides who were all fun and very helpful (Thank you Dave, Pete, Wyatt, just to name a few)!! Even though the forecast didn't sound great going into the trip, the weather was perfect for rafting. The water was comfortable and because it was cloudy we could see the rocks easily and no bad sunburns! Even if it rained we still would have had fun; it just would have added to the excitement. Go into the trip prepared for fun...and a little work. You will all have to work together to get through the rapids. Enjoy it and have a sense of humor through it all. If you keep your ankles locked in the way the guides instruct you, you are more likely not to get dumped into the river by a surprise, hidden rock. Even if you end up in the water, enjoy it...the guides instruct you how to get back in your raft before getting in the river ...and it does work...we had a lot of practice. Just go and enjoy it!

Also, I highly recommend you pre-order their lunches; they provide a nice lunch all packed up and ready to go; the turkey sandwiches were huge! We topped off the day with a ride on the zip line, then we were treated to free hot dogs and birch beer. Fun place; great people! Can't wait to go again!

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Exhilarating”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was very frightened and planned to shop while my husband, son and in-laws went white water rafting. Well, my sister-in-law convinced me to do it. I was now unprepared - no swimsuit and no lunch. I bought a shirt there to wear and decided to get wet! I would eat my son's yogurt and extra nuts I packed for them. Class II & III dam release rapids on a beautiful day! The guides Todd, Trevor and MacKenzie were great. Todd, a teacher during the school year, ensured me I would love it! He was right, so much fun and exhilarating! The trip was 14 miles long, about 5hours. The time went very fast. This company keeps the groups small and taught us what to do prior to getting in the raft, including how to get off a rock if we are stuck and how to direct our raft while in the water. They put our boat in the water for us. Other companies have you carry your boat and travel with 20 plus boats at a time (stay away from them). Small groups are perfect! At the end they have hotdogs and birch beer for you, changing rooms etc.

Visited July 2014
Lancaster PA
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Do not feed the fish !”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The owner has pet trout in a pond next to the Outfitter buildings...his Lab tries to catch fish all day...( entertaining yes ),but he's get MAD if someone throws anything in the pond ! We watched 50 boy scouts catch grief for doing this !
The rafting trip its shelf was great....we did just the white water trip and was great for children. The zip line on the property was not worth $10.00 extra...lots of better places to tip line or tree top courses in the Poconos. Poor design climbing on ladders to decent and then get off the zip line below.
The meal after the trip.....warning do not leave your table with food on it...yes the fish hunting dog will swipe it quickly...OK if you were eating there Hot Dogs but if you brought your own food you will be eating Hot Dogs. Also do not expect the Draft Birch beer they advertise....somehow they do not stock extra or know where to get more..
Not sure how this Outfitter compares to other in the area but I would read reviews before my next trip.

Visited June 2014
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC!!!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A group of us just went this weekend for Memorial Day and we had a blast. There were several guides with us along the way. They were very knowledgeable and helpful in helping us paddling along the big rocks. Would definitely do it again.

We did zip line for an additional 10 bucks. Although that was fun, I don't think it was worth the price since you only get to do it once.

Visited May 2014