“Should've eaten elsewhere.”

Lantern Lodge & Macaluso's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Macaluso’s Lantern Restaurant and Cocktail Bar has been serving creative, classic Italian cuisine for over 20 years.We’re a destination restaurant located at the front door of the Pocono Mountains, just minutes from historic Jim Thorpe in Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania. And, we’ve got a cozy hotel right next door.We use fresh market ingredients essential to capturing the authentic taste of traditional Italian dishes. Choice cut meats, fresh seafood, imported cheeses, high quality pastas and seasonal herbs are used in all our entrees.
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

We waited over an hour sitting at the bar after we were told it would be "about 15 minutes". We did have reservations. Our waitress was nice, but apparently the restaurant was a little understaffed. When we were finally seated there were five empty tables. Our salads were loaded with dressing, the garlic bread we ordered came well after the entree because there was "no room in the oven" due to the banquet that was going on in the closed off section of the room. My friend and I ordered the eggplant tower special which came sizzling in the dish on the outside and cold in the middle. My honey's Absolute pasta, scallops and shrimp was perfect. When asked if we wanted dessert or coffee, we answered "no thanks" to which the reply was "oh, good". Somebody was ready to go home and I don't blame her.

The thing we'll most remember about this place was the ladies room. Small room with two open stalls (no doors). The sink is right in front of one stall with the trashcan halfway into the stall. Seriously. Fortunately there is a lock on the door in case you don't feel like sharing.

This restaurant, attached to a motel, is in the middle of nowhere and was recommended or we would've left instead of waiting. Next time, we'll head to Jim Thorpe where there are lots of good choices.

There are newer reviews for Lantern Lodge & Macaluso's Restaurant

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I enjoy eating at the Lantern and always have a great experience there. The food is very good and the service is even better. I have 2 young children and while the have been there many times it is not their favorite place since the service is relaxed and tuned to a more adult experience. A meal here is one where you have a cocktail a bottle of wine and enjoy good food at a leisurely pace with good company.

1  Thank Amodeas
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We went to Macaluso's for my partners birthday. Was a great choice, cozy atmosphere, fabulous food, I had the Veal Marsala, my partner had the Veal Saltinbocca. The crab cake appetizer was the best we ever had. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Hipster_Tripsters
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Every time we have had dinner here the food has been very good, and the service has been good as well. Nightly specials have always been just that special, have not gone wrong yet

1  Thank Kanukster
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Can't find better food anywhere! Everything is super fresh and the portions are huge, always leftovers.