“Great food”

Lantern Lodge & Macaluso's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Macaluso’s Lantern Restaurant and Cocktail Bar has been serving creative, classic Italian cuisine for over 20 years.We’re a destination restaurant located at the front door of the Pocono Mountains, just minutes from historic Jim Thorpe in Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania. And, we’ve got a cozy hotel right next door.We use fresh market ingredients essential to capturing the authentic taste of traditional Italian dishes. Choice cut meats, fresh seafood, imported cheeses, high quality pastas and seasonal herbs are used in all our entrees.
Province de Quebec
“Great food”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It does not look that much from the outside, once you get in, it's a great surprise, first a stop at the bar, the service A1, the dining room as a classy look, choice of meals is out stading, the service was just as great. If you ever go to Nesquehoning, you have to make a stop. De l'extérieu, ça pourrait sembler ordinaire, mais une fois à l'intérieur , vous aurez une belle surprise. Premier arrêt au " bar " un service et gentillesse impécable, la salle à diner avec son style plustôt conservateur, un choix de repas très intéressant, et le service excellent.

• Visited June 2014

Lehighton, Pennsylvania
“Fine Italian dining where you would least expect it”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Tucked away in the mountains above Jim Thorpe is Macaluso's. The service is excellent and the food is wonderful. The bar has a very retro (1960'-1970's) feel. The drinks are good and the atmosphere is great. Would highly recommend for a romantic dinner or a business dinner and everything else in between.

• Visited May 2014
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship and are always looking for places to eat that is mid point for us. I must say, this place is so cozy but could accommodate larger groups. The service was excellent and did not wait long for the food as it was a Friday.

My GPS took me to the wrong area but they were very helpful with directions. We will definitely come back!!

PA
“Best restaurant by far!!!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

You can be sure that if you choose to dine at Macaluso's you will not be dissapointed. The food is of the highest quality. Choices range from traditional Italian dishes to creative and tasty twists on some of the classics. It is a great place to celebrate any special occasion or to grab a bite and a drink at the bar!!!! I love the lamb, filet and any of the veal dishes!!!!! Also, the gorgonzola salad is fantastic. Finally, the service is always top notch. The servers are professional and skilled and friendly. If you are visiting Jim Thorpe or the Pocono area, this is a must for your travel plans.

• Visited December 2013
“Nice meal off the beaten track...”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We wanted to try Macaluso's restaurant after it was suggested to us by an Italian woman at Big Creek Winery. She did not steer us wrong. We entered a very busy bar area, all patrons really enjoying their evening. We were promptly seated in a cozy corner. Long Island iced teas were just ok. Our artichokes stuffed with crabmeat were different and very good. Salads with homemade dressings also delicious- I had the balsamic and my mate the creamy italian ranch. Italian bread was superb! My swordfish special with basil butter over mushroom risotto was Cooked to perfection- moist and tasty. My mates veal with mushrooms, spinach and pancetta was a huge portion of 3 large steaks. We shared and still had a steak leftover. The side of pasta with marinara Sauce was about the best I've ever had. Our only complaint was the lag time after finishing our salads for the entrees to arrive, about 25 minutes. Way too long. I suspect our order was forgotten as my fish was piping hot but the veal would have preferred it a bit hotter. All in all, an enjoyable meal and worth a repeat visit.

• Visited February 2014