“Totally Relaxing!”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Buffalo, New York
“Totally Relaxing!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was there with a group and spent 4 enjoyable days. I cannot say enough about how friendly and accommodating the staff was. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and it was awesome to step outside the door and experience a bit of the tropics in the beautiful atrium. My compliments to the chef! The food they served was outstanding, our group had several meals during the 4 days we were there. The variety was awesome and everything was fresh and delicious! Our event is held here bi-annually and I have attended for the past 5 years. I have noticed there have been many improvements and the staff always was making sure that our stay was satisfactory! Thanks to Deborah and her crew for a great get away!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank debbiea57
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
I am so happy that you have noticed the improvements we are working on. It is always a pleasure to host your group and we look forward to your return in October. Have a great summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Our family decided to stay here on our way home because we didn't want to drive all night. check in was easy, and paula who checked us in was great. she gave us a room close to everything (insted of being at the end of the hall like we always seem to get) there was a giant atrium with an indoor pool, with an area set up for the free hot breakfast in the morning. the staff was very nice and wonderful, the restaurant attached to the hotel was busy, and i stopped in an got my husband and i a drink to wind down in our room with. the beds were good if you weren't sleeping with a three year old who sleeps sideways. overall we would stay there again. it was an older hotel, and she showed a little of her age, but still nice and clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We are so happy that you chose us and we are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. It will be my pleasure to pass along your survey to Paula. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I checked in to the hotel at 4:30 pm. Check in with Paula was very pleasant and the smell of cookies added a little touch of comfort. When we walked into the room it appeared very clean and tidy. The light in the bathroom had a little flicker to it when we turned it on, almost like it needed to warm up for a bit. When Paula, the Guest Service Agent called us to see how we liked our room, we mentioned this to her. She ask if she could send an Engineer to look at it and we told her that we were just wanting to rest for a bit. She then offered to move us to a room next door . We thanked her for the offer, but said that it wasn't that much of a nuisance to us. As we were very tired, I was happy to see the black out curtains! We closed the curtains and took a much needed nap. We did not stir for the next 3 hours! We then went to dinner at the Garlic Poet. What a wonderful, culinary surprise! The restaurant is within the Hotel, which was quite convenient, because it was rather "wintery" out. As we walked to the restaurant, Paula greeted us again and ask us how we were enjoying the Hotel. She then ask if we would like them to fix the bathroom light while we had dinner. ( We were surprised that she remembered) We declined. Clean rooms, great restaurant on premise, beautiful atrium with indoor pool ! A wonderful experience and a good nights sleep! Only draw back was the hotel had some smoking rooms in the back corner.... but was glad to here that the General Manager is making the Hotel SMOKE FREE beginning in May!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the problem with your light but it is always nice to hear when one of our staff goes "the extra mile" to try and make it right for you. I am glad the nuisance of the light did not prevent you from having a good stay with us. We hope you will choose us again the next time you are in the area.
Bloomfield, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Night desk clerk Rebecca was incredibly cheerful and helpful considering we arrived at 2 am. With our 7 children, and with last minute reservations!! Beds comfortable, rooms quiet. Pool was nice for kids, especially as it was close to breakfast area. Thanks again to Rebecca!

• Stayed March 2014
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
It is so nice to hear that you had such a great stay with us. Becca is a part of our great desk team and I look forward to passing your review along to her.
Washington, D. C.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here on a "chartered ski trip" .The temperature could not be regulated on one of the coldest days of 2014. I had to sleep in my clothes to stay warm. There was also dust everywhere in the room. I was really aggravated at the dust that had accumulated on the headboard that I had to clean. The wait staff for the meals were very unfriendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have passed along your review to the appropriate department heads so that these types of things can be resolved.
Mays Landing, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have traveled many many places And I always thought Clarion was The best! Well i went on a ski trip with a group of ppl .This was old run down and The food in The ballroom taste like ALPO!! The bed was flimsy The only nice thing in The whole room was The coffee maker and The TV! ONLY nice thing was the GARLIC POET RESTURANT !Never again YES THE REAL REVIEWS ARE TRUE NOTHING NICE ABOUT THIS PLACE! STAY FAR AWAY! SLEEP IN UR CAR! NEEDS A WHOLE RENOVATION

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank MsQuatta
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
On behalf of our entire team, please accept my apologies for our failing to meet and exceed your expectations.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Had a great time staying with the Clarion. Check in was simple, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating! I was pleasantly surprised once entering our room. Very clean and the bed was so comfortable! I didn't want to wake up the next morning.. Speaking of the next morning, the breakfast was delicious! Thank you to everyone for a great stay in Harrisburg! :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
It is so happy to read all of your positive comments about your stay here at the Clarion Hotel. We are so pleased that you notice all of the changes we are making for the better and we thank you for your kind words.