Booked three rooms with two rooms with some issues. One room was fine. another had an issue with the door handle locking. The door handle when turned, did not turn back into its original posistion, leaving the door unlocked. Luckly I noticed that the door was still not locked when I left the first time since I tend to turn the door knob after leaving any hotel room to make sure the door is closed and locked. I didnt inform the hotel staff since I was staying just one night. The second issue was with another room. The platform supporting the mattresses simply broke while laying on bed and pulling the blankets up to make it looser as it was tucked into the mattress. After pulling on the sheets and blankets to loosing it up, the bed platform gave way and bed fell down. My wife called the front desk and the person came up and suggested that the kids broke the bed from jumping on it. That might be a possibility however, I brought them into the room and layed down for about 1/2 hour. When my wife came into room, in about ten minutes, the bed fell down. The staff informed my wife that he was alone and there are no available two bedroom rooms available. He also said the maintenace person was gone for the day and that the kids should sleep laying away from the bedboard since the bed was slanted in a 30 degree angle. I went down an spoke with the man again and was informed of the same info he told my wife. I told him that lets go back up to room and see if we can remove the bottom platform to atleast have the bed lay flat on the floor so you can sleep on it. So we did and lifted the mattress and the remaining part of the platform bed fell down and the mattress was laying flat on the floor. Not too helpful was the person. Who wants to sleep on a slanted mattress. Oh well, never again. The pool was a nice touch however, water was cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 minutes south of Harrisburg in a suburb of New Cumberland. Has easy access off of 2 major highways, Interstate 83 and Interstate 76, the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Attractions that are a short drive away from the hotel include Hershey Park, Pennsylvania State Capitol, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, the Amish (Lancaster County), Harley Davidson Plant, and historical Gettysburg. Enjoy local sports with the following clubs: Harrisburg Senators, AAA baseball, and Hershey Bears minor league ice hockey team for the Colorado Avalanche. Indoor heated pool nestled in a tropical courtyard are just 2 of the amenities that are offered. Guests of the Harrisburg Clarion Hotel & Conference Center can enjoy fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and from-scratch cuisine at the hotel’s on-site restaurant and bar, The Garlic Poet. You will find over 21,000 square feet of flexible conference and catering facilities which provide the ideal setting for many special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Choice Hotels so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg Hotel New Cumberland
- Holiday Inn New Cumberland
- New Cumberland Holiday Inn