We stayed at this property on Saturday December 5th.
The reason I would need two ratings is the following:
1. An EXCELLENT rating for the front desk personnel. The two employees working the desk that afternoon were extremely helpful, polite, and thoroughly professional.
I will admit that due to the fact that I stay at many hotels through the year, I'm pretty tough to impress (or please) at check-in.
But these two employees made the registration process very pleasurable indeed.
And thank God for that - because it sort of prepared me for...
2. The Rooms. My second rating for the rooms is somewhere between OKAY and TERRIBLE.
It's an old place. Beds are old. Bathrooms are small. No water pressure. Very stuffy (no windows to open). And, for some reason, this is one noisy place. Must be thin walls or something. You hear everyone walking down the hall. But the place was clean enough.
Pack lightly for this place: NO ELEVATORS! (Don't you call hotels with no elevators "Motel 6's"?)
All in all, it was sufficient. But 90% of that was due to two very cool people at the front desk.
One more thing: There's a great comedy club - and restaurant and bar - across the street called Doc Holliday's. I highly recommend them both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 minutes south of Harrisburg in a suburb of New Cumberland. Has easy access off of 2 major highways, Interstate 83 and Interstate 76, the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Attractions that are a short drive away from the hotel include Hershey Park, Pennsylvania State Capitol, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, the Amish (Lancaster County), Harley Davidson Plant, and historical Gettysburg. Enjoy local sports with the following clubs: Harrisburg Senators, AAA baseball, and Hershey Bears minor league ice hockey team for the Colorado Avalanche. Indoor heated pool nestled in a tropical courtyard are just 2 of the amenities that are offered. Guests of the Harrisburg Clarion Hotel & Conference Center can enjoy fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and from-scratch cuisine at the hotel’s on-site restaurant and bar, The Garlic Poet. You will find over 21,000 square feet of flexible conference and catering facilities which provide the ideal setting for many special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg Hotel New Cumberland
- Holiday Inn New Cumberland
- New Cumberland Holiday Inn