“Gulfstream Harbor Visit”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Orlando, Florida
“Gulfstream Harbor Visit”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Hotel was under construction when group arrived. Although the general manager, Christine, was doing her best, I would have waited until the hotel was done before staying at the hotel. Front office personnel, Kelly, was super great with the group and assisted them as best she could. Breakfast area too small to accommodate group of 40. Location was okay. I would like to see it again once construction is complete.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Belmont
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotels at Hershey Park are very expensive. This hotel is about 30 mins from the park and is right off the highway. It was clean and quiet. Our group had 4 rooms and they were all clean- no mold or other issues that other reviewers mentioned. The staff was great, especially Heather, who checked us in. The breakfast was good with both hot and cold selections. Pool is outside and was a little cold in the evening since the sun was not shinning on it anymore. Overall it was a nice place to stay!

Fallentimber, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had to stay at the Comfort Inn for business from the middle of May 2013 to the middle of Aug. 2013. At the time they were going through extensive renovations, that said they made my stay more than comfortable and made sure that if had any issues that they were dealt with PROMPTLY. Read some of the reviews posted here and of the negative ones all I can say is if they would have approached the staff they would have taken care off them.
If I am ever in the Harrisburg area again I will look up the Comfort Inn at New Cumberland for my accommodations

F.Heverly FCI.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Copiague, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We had a reservation at the Harrisburg West Inn - could not find the place - no sign on the road. Pulled in to the Comfort Inn where the GPS was telling us to go for the Harrisburg West Inn - drove up a dark driveway past Comfort Inn, past a Rodeway (which looked pretty scary), and then saw a sign for steak house, but no West Inn - circled around the building, could not find the entrance or anyone there. I had two teenagers with me, and they were scared to death to stay at this place which looked dark and creepy, and I didn't want to stay there either.

We drove back down to the Comfort Inn at the bottom of the hill and asked where this West Inn was - Emily (the Comfort Inn front desk employee) directed us back to the scary dark building where there was no one in the lobby. I asked her what the price of a room was at the Comfort Inn, and she told me the price, which I couldn't afford. It was very late (after 1:00 a.m.), and she asked what I was willing to spend. I gave her an amount - she asked me to wait a few minutes - came back out and said they could meet the price I was willing to pay.

She was a LIFESAVER! The hotel was clean, comfortable and very quiet. There are renovations going on - but we stayed in a part of the hotel that seems like it's finished. Only problem was, the vending machines were not working, but there was an all night gas station with a food mart across the street. We were visiting Hershey Park, and even though we hadn't intended to stay in PA for two nights, this hotel was so nice and accommodating (even gave us a late check out at 1 p.m. for no extra cost), we stayed for 2 nights. They have a complimentary breakfast, free Wifi - great air conditioning and comfortable beds.

Again, I have to compliment Emily on her kindness and for taking such great care of myself, my daughter and her friend. Next time I go to Hershey, this is where I will stay. It's only about a 15 minute drive to the park, and a LOT cheaper than staying somewhere in Hershey, PA. Thanks, Emily!

Room Tip: Great place to stay if you're visiting Hershey Park!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christine D, Manager at New Cumberland Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. It is not often that we hear the kind words of a guest stay. Thank you on your kind words and apprication of our staff. We hope that you enjoyed your time at Hershey, PA and look forward to seeing you when you are in the area again.

Comfort Inn- New Cumberland, PA
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My family stayed at the Comfort Inn in New Cumberland PA on 8/2/13-8/4/13 to attend the State Games of America, It was an absolute disaster. When we arrived the elevator was broken forcing us to carry luggage, coolers etc. up the stairs. The stairways were filthy. There was so much dust on the stairs, walls and doors that we had to hold our breath to avoid breathing in the dust. The hallways and lobby area were dirty. There were cigarette burns and holes on the bedspreads and blankets and live wires hanging from the walls. I immediately began looking for another hotel in the area but everything was booked. I brought in extra blankets from my car to avoid lying directly on the bedding provided by the hotel. If my children were not with me I would have slept in my car. We left the hotel early in the AM for our children’s track meet and did not return until around 4pm only to find the rooms exactly how we left it. Unclean and no fresh towels. When we asked for clean towels we were told the washer machine was broken. Our room was finally cleaned around 5pm and the bedspreads with the cigarette burns were put back onto the beds. The managers were rude and offered no resolution. I have stayed at other Comfort Inn’s many times with no problems. This hotel is not worthy of the Comfort Inn name. If you are considering this hotel, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christine D, Manager at New Cumberland Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a response on your most recent stay. We regret that we did not provide the type of accommodations you expect as a traveler – my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your "team".

We take your constructive feedback seriously, and will continue to focus on providing comfortable and clean accommodations to all our future guests. Failing to meet guest’s expectations is not part of our culture, and is unacceptable by our standards as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction.

My goal is to improve where possible for all future guests - your assistance in notable areas have addressed with our team members and is greatly appreciated.

YES, our hotel is under major renovations to make our hotel a more enjoyable place for all guest(s).

We wish you all the best in your future travels, and hope you continue to find accommodations that better meet your needs.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Booked this room based upon prior experience with Choice Hotels. The hotel is undergoing major renovation and our room was a disaster. There was black mold all over the bathtub. It had been there awhile and obviously no one had removed it. The room was dirty and the chair was filthy. The walls were sticky and the carpet was dirty. The pictures on the wall had been moved and didn't match the beds. The only reason we stayed the night was that we checked in so late and had already settled in.
There are many nicer hotels in this area. It looks good on the outside but not on the inside.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and in your case we have not done so. I have shared your feed back with our team members and hope that we can make future guest stay better. Yes, we are in the process of a major renovation so that all our guest are happy with new, moderate and clean rooms. We hope that in the future you would give us another try.

Camden cou
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed there on July 6th when all else near Hershey were booked due to 1 Direction concert. Staff polite and nice and awaiting our late (midnight) check-in. Our room was clean and it was late so we went to bed. In the morning I began looking around. TV didn't work and wasn't even plugged in OR wired for cable yet. Frig didn't work and again not plugged in, but still didn't work when I did that. Noticed then that live wires were coiled and sticking out of wall! Began searching for the smoke detector - I found something (still covered with the painting cover) that may have been it but doesn't matter - it was covered!!! Sprinkler head broken too so how would it have put the fire out that the smoke detector couldn't detect?! I was floored that I just spent the night there with my child and compromised our safety! Marched down to the front desk with my phone pictures to discuss. She was very apologetic and assured me that maintenance would be up there immediately to install the smoke detector. that was just unacceptable. I guess they assembled my room moments before my arrival. I inspected breakfast and figured food mart across street might be a better bet and checked out-sad choices. Maybe when renovations are complete it will be nice, but won't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Christine D, Manager at New Cumberland Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a responce in regards to your most recent stay with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and in your case we were not sucessful. We have addressed the issues that you had brought to our attention that are a concern and I do appoligize for the inconvience that we may have caused you. YES, we are under renonvations to ensure our guest a pleasent place to stay and regret that we were not able to exceed your expecations.

I hope that when you vist the Hershey, PA area agian that you would give us another chance.

Comfort Inn- New Cumberland