“Wonderful Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Cumberland
Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn while we attended a nearby car show. Our entire stay was nothing short of fantastic. The property is breathtaking and owner Nancy is the perfect hostess, guide, conversationalist, and gourmet breakfast chef. She did everything possible to make our stay first class. We enjoyed the property so much that we only went to the car show for one day and spent much of our time on the farm walking, reading, and of course washing my car. Nancy gave us excellent recommendations for dinner at the local restaurants and in fact made the reservations for us. Our room was the best. It had a king size bed, 2 person Jacuzzi tub, walk in shower, dining table, flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, and plenty of bottled water with a bowl of fresh fruit. If anyone is looking for a wonderful, quiet, and yes romantic getaway then this is it.

Room Tip: 3 fantastic rooms. You can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrainerDave2013

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was looking for a nice place to stay in town and called Pleasant Farm because of their high ratings and to see if they might have a opening for my and a business associate of mine. Nancy was very helpful and even called back to see if I had decided. When we arrived we were treated like visiting friends, welcomed with fruit, shown the place, and even received a guided tour of each of our rooms in a guest house. Although we did not have time to enjoy it, they set up a fire and the makings for s'mores on the patio near the main house. I really wanted to try out their catch and release fishing pond but slept in the next morning instead. Nancy made a great western omelette for a relaxing breakfast. Thank you all for the great hospitality

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vmmson
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this property and could not have been more pleased. We stayed in the Gettysburg room in the carriage house. The room is spacious and clean, and the bed is extremely comfortable. The main house is magnificent! The entire property is well-maintained and beyond beautiful! We live on a farm in Texas and have horses, dogs, and cats and felt that we would feel at home here. The entire McKinney family (dogs included!) gave us a warm welcome and were a joy to be around. The breakfast that Nancy serves is not one you will forget. The food is that good! We really hated to leave and hope to visit again in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christy548
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Last minute trip. Really loved the atmosphere and scenic charm. Owners were very hospitable and down to earth. From food to room to scenic tranquility could not say enough good things about this B&B. A must stay for anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This was the first site we visited for a wedding venue and we were hooked! The property is breathtaking! Mike & Nancy McKinney have created a spectacular, yet warm and welcoming environment conveniently located in Central PA. Nancy, who is so industrious and knowledgeable, assisted me every step of the way, recommending wonderful artisans for our food, flowers, & cake. In less than three months, we were ready. (During that time, Mike installed a new roof on the barn -- by himself!) We could not wait to share our special evening with friends & relatives. My theme was to keep it simple (yet fabulous) and we succeeded! Nancy's calm demeanor & willingness to assist was invaluable to me. She goes above and beyond. Our guests had a wonderful evening! We stayed overnight in the beautiful carriage house with out-of-town family and friends. Again, rave reviews! The next morning Nancy prepared an amazing breakfast for ten of us in the main house with fresh eggs from their own hens. Our experience at Pleasant View Farm Bed & Breakfast Inn was magical! I'm thinking about...hmmm...maybe a tea party next?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
PleasantViewFarmBB, Owner at Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Toni, The pleasure was ours. Thank you for your kind words. Your wedding here was elegant and so lovely! I count you as a new friend.
Nancy

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast was strongly recommended to my husband and I by our family doctor. The Doctor was very enthusiastic and could not keep himself from giving us all the wonderful details. We had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before so we thought we would try it out in celebration of my husband's birthday and Valetine's Day. We stayed for one night in the Gettysburg Room from 02/09/13 - 02/10/13. The inn was not far from our home but you felt like you were in a whole other world when you got there. Everything about the place was absolutely beautiful. Our room had everything we needed including movies, popcorn and a couple of sodas and water. We especially enjoyed the jacuzzi tub, fireplace and the soft cozy robes. Right outside our room were the horse stables and it was so nice to look out in the morning to see the horses grazing. In the evening we decided to go into the main house to play pool. Nancy and her daughters greeted us as we walked in. As we were playing pool and enjoying the massage chair, Nancy brought us a beer and glass of wine which were delicious while contemporary music played. When we were getting ready to go back to our room, we stopped and had a nice conversation with Nancy and her adopted daughters from China about the Chinese New Year. We were also offered some beautiful cupcakes that their Chinese Foreign Exchange student made that day. In addition to talking to the family, we also enjoyed being greeted by their two well behaved dogs. In the morning we enjoyed a Chinese New Year themed breakfast which was not only beautiful but delicious and had wonderful conversation with Nancy, Mike and one of their daughters. It was such a nice time for our first bed and breakfast experience that we already have talked about going back when it's warmer out so we can enjoy the land more. We are also thinking of having our youngest daughter's birthday party there since they hold parties in addition to the Bed and Breakfast. Mike and Nancy are two of the nicest people and will make you feel right at home. My husband and I recommend Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast to anybody looking to get away even if it's just for one night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
PleasantViewFarmBB, Owner at Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kinds words! It was such a pleasure to meet you two and share the farm with you! We do so hope you will return in the warmer months when the land is transformed to lush green pastures and everything is in bloom!
Thank you for a lovely review!!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We had our wedding at Pleasant View and Nancy was INCREDIBLE. She writes a personal note left (with chocolate!) in each room and makes you feel welcome and at home.

CEREMONY:
Weather was gorgeous for our wedding ceremony rehearsal on the dock of their Lake Pleasant (so many photo ops there!) and the morning of our wedding, but by the afternoon it downpoured. Nancy, her husband and many of our friends helped us make a quick decision to move the ceremony into the foyer. It was very intimate and in the end I liked it so much better than on the dock!

RECEPTION:
We decided to have our reception in the newly restored 18th-century barn, and it was positively BEAUTIFUL when we walked in! Nancy redid the floor, hung new lights including twinkle lights, overhead lights, wall sconces and even 2 chandeliers! All we had to do was wind tulle and ribbon around the beams and it was perfect! The heat (August 4th) was a bit much but a few fans helped a lot.

SERVICE and FOOD:
As I said, Nancy is incredible. She checked in with us every step of the way without being intrusive. She even got teary-eyed as I walked down the aisle, though she'd only known me from a couple visits! The house was clean, the animals were friendly (including the kids, haha...), and the food was UNBELIEVABLE. Breakfast is well worth a little extra money! I wish Nancy could make me breakfast every day :) Homefries cooked in bacon grease, homemade cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, blueberry pancakes, bagels, coffee, quiche, the whole nine yards. I've never been stuffed with such goodness!

SUMMARY:
Pleasant View was easily the best choice for our wedding, and Nancy goes above and beyond to make your visit perfect, rain or shine!

Room Tip: They're all great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple