“Tucked away near a freeway”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Friendly, helpful staff, near to I-83 freeway with access (at greatly lower price than the usury nearer Hershey or Gettysburg attractions) and with nearby diner and fast food. The location is a bit of a downer, being so close to the freeway. But the hotel is clean, relatively quiet and a good value overall. [Just beware the weekend onslaught of hyper-caffeinated kids and inattentive parents heading to Hersheypark. The breakfast buffet is nice enough -- waffles, fruit cups, croissant sammies -- but would be nicer if the parents parented rather than ignored their kids.

Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Yes, it's about 20 min away from hershey but at $77 per night you can't find a better place. The hotel is new and close to a highway. After reading the reviews, i made sure to get a room Front Right, farthest away from Highway. I asked at checkin and they gave it to me. Rooms are spacious and have both a fridge and Micro which is Nice. THe one thing that stands out from the other Hotels is the Breakfast. They had the Best breakfast Selction I've ever seen at a Hotel, and trust me , We travel ALOT. Everyone really seemed to like the Jimmy Dean Egg/Chhese/Sausage and Bacon Egg Nad Cheese Sandwiches. They have the usual Waffel Makes, differnat Juices, Cereals, Bagles, Donuts Etc. We also liked the nice fresh selection of Frsh Fruit and Yougurt. We didn't use the Pool or fitness Center but the both looked Clean. EVERY Worker is great, espically Ana(won't even attempt the last name) but check name out by the employee of the Month plague by the elevator. She won it first. If I had a negative, it would be the 24 Hour Food Pantry is over priced. It was late one night coming back from Park and my wife was really hungry, Ana sold us a $4 Maccaroni Cheese, if it wasn't for her humor I probably would of been upset by the price. Next Time we visit Hershey, we DEF will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side of the Hotel, farthest away from Highway.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed here two weekends ago for my wedding. The rest of my wedding party stayed at another hotel and I know they had a terrible time. I, on the other hand, loved this hotel. The room was great - clean - large - and I did not hear any highway noise. Breakfast is great - large selection.

The staff was extremely kind and accommodating.

It was a pleasure staying here and I look forward to staying here again someday.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I cannot say enough great things about this property and staff. I had a reservation for my wedding weekend at the Best Wester Plus, New Cumberland, and upon checking-in, was told the hotel was overbooked.

Since I had a few rooms booked at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, New Cumberland, I arrived here and asked about any extra rooms they may have had. It was late, around 12:30am, and the front desk agent, Ann, was absolutely incredible. The only room left in the hotel was a King Suite and she worked with me to get a reasonable rate.

The room was spacious and clean. I could not have asked for anything better. The entire hotel was clean, new and fresh. Breakfast in the morning was excellent.

The housekeeping staff was extremely attentive as well. The second day I was there, I needed extra towels - four of them. I saw a housekeeper on our floor, Derio, and asked him for towels. He only had two on his cart so he ran, yes - literally ran, to get me two more. That is service. So many times you don't encounter staff members who have a sense of urgency - that is not the case with this hotel.

If I need to have friends, family or business partners stay in central Pa, I will definitely choose this location again.

Room Tip: The front desk will work with you to ensure your stay is a good one. Just talk to them.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Hotel is fairly new and staff is definitely helpful & friendly. Rooms & sheets are clean, bathroom needs work. Location is poor as it is close to freeway. The walls are very THIN so you could hear your neighbors' converse. On this particular night we stayed, we shared the floor with a large group of teenagers who chatted in the hallway and slamming doors....so do ask for the 'quiet' side. All in all, ok for short pass throughs.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jlizatwins
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I’m currently in my room at this hotel as I write this review - listening to the cars and trucks speed by on the freeway right outside my window. The noise from the freeway makes it impossible to have a peaceful night’s sleep. What’s so sad is this is actually a great hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is new and modern. Clean, bright and very well laid out. My room - a king suite - is large and comfortable with modern furnishings. There are two 32” LCD TVs, fridge and microwave. The room also has a separate living room; open somewhat to the bedroom, with a comfortable couch, chair and a small desk. The king bed is also comfortable and has plenty of pillows to fit ever need. The AC unit is quiet and functions well. The bathroom is spacious and has a tub with shower combo. Everything works well and is perfect. But the freeway noise just ruins the whole experience!

Now I read the reviews after I placed my reservations for my stay. Not everyone mentioned the freeway noise. Several reviewers mentioned not staying in room 101. So when I checked in I forgot to mention the situation with the freeway noise. Since I received room 231, I thought I might be okay. But no! As soon as I walked into the room I could hear the trucks chugging by. Looking out the window I could see the cars and trucks going by on the freeway. I called the front desk and inquired as to a room on the opposite side of the hotel that did not face the freeway. But of course … all those rooms were occupied. They offered to give me a non-suite room on the opposite side, but its location might still be subject to the freeway noise. I decided to stay. Surprisingly when I first went to bed, the freeway noise did not seem too bad. Unfortunately, they were also doing night time reconstruction work on this segment of the freeway. Around 3am I awoke to the sounds of beeping - which were coming from the construction trucks backing up. On and on it went. After about 15 minutes I got up and put ear plugs in - but you could still hear the beeping. Beep, beep, beep, beep, 1 minute pause, beep, beep, beep, beep. I spent the rest of the morning tossing and turning, listening to all the noise.

The saddest part - I'm staying another night in the same room! I can already hear the beeping ….

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the freeway - as far away from the freeway as possible!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 1hotelexpert
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were quite pleased to find this hotel in the midst of an exit that is littered with competition, good and bad. Because of the location, some road noise is unavoidable, but even with a window open part of the night it was not that bad. The staff was exceptionally friendly -- we truly felt like they were happy to see us. Various services are close by, and the hotel offers typical "grocerette" and breakfast items.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlfish
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#3 of 14 in New Cumberland
Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!