Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Staff was very nice. They also stopped conversations between staff upon immediate site of a guest. The lobby is clean and well maintained. There is coffee in the lobby 24 hours per day. Basic free continental breakfast with Jimmy Dean sandwiches. They kept the area clean and well stocked. The chairs at the breakfast tables sat low and sat even lower once you sat in them leaving me to feel I wish I had a booster seat. The room had a microwave, coffee, small refrigerator, shampoo and two commodities: conditioner and lotion. The room had good lighting along with the usual iron, board, luggage rack and flat screen TV. The room was temperature controlled. I would be remiss not to mention the reason for the lower than perfect score. I do not believe the hotel should be punished for an employee's negligence, but I must report my stay accurately. In all honesty, I split the difference with the scoring as this particular issue is a major issue in my eyes, which ultimately affected how I felt during the course of my time there. Upon arrival, everything was clean except the bathroom in our room. There was urine and hair on the toilet seat. Upon taking a shower, I noticed all the hair that came from a head on the shower curtain, wall and floor. These very big cleaning oversights made me question what I was touching in the rest of the room even though the room appeared clean. But, that's the part that I struggled with in scoring this review. This was sloppy work by housekeeping that may have been a one-time issue, because the rest of the hotel was fantastic, clean, well maintained and the staff was incredibly nice.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I've never written a review like this, but I feel that I should warn others. My family of 5 recently stayed for 1 night, and we did not sleep! We used Marriott Reward points to book 2 rooms--1 King room and 1 room w/2 Queens. We arrived late at night, and found that despite our confirmation directly from Marriott, we did not get a King room. We got to the (Queen) rooms, and found them on the side of building facing 83N as it goes over a deep ravine--so we listened to miserable traffic noise all night. There was no soap or shampoo in either of our rooms. The desk manager said they "ran out", so she "had to go get some from the vacant rooms". Are you kidding me?! Breakfast was not what we've seen at other similar hotels; there were no fresh eggs, only prepared/wrapped sandwiches that all had pork or bacon on them--so we couldn't eat them.

I'm sure if you were 2 pork-eating people, who got a room on the quiet side of the hotel, and you didn't arrive at 11 pm to find no soap/toiletries--then your stay would have been just fine. Unfortunately, ours was not.

Room Tip: Rooms AWAY from the highway!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank StuckNCowTown
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My recent stay was less than $130, which is cheap for the area. It included free wifi and a continental breakfast with many options as well (waffles, breakfast sandwiches, bagels, cereal, muffins, yogurt and more).

The room was nicely updated and the towels were incredibly soft.

Great place for a stay away from home!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JAM_Traveling_duo
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a good hotel overall. We didn't get upgraded like some of the other reviewers but the room was still large and had plenty of space. The bathroom was clean and roomy too. They have a decent breakfast offering as well, so if you're looking for a clean and inexpensive place to stay, I'd recommend. It's near a few restaurants and still appears to be very new. Nothing is worn yet, which is always nice.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be large and well appointed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel is only two years old very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were modern and clean. The pool and spa was well kept. Also the breakfast was enjoyable with a lot to choose from. All and all I cant wait to return for another get awa

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on right end of hotel more away from traffic noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The Fairfield Inn was a very pleasant surprise and much appreciated after a long drive between my business locations. The hotel appears to either be brand new or recently updated. The lobby is modern, with a relaxed feel. The room is anything but the standard hotel set-up, and featured a separate area / sitting room with a desk; the bed area was separated by a partial wall. The bed was very comfortable.

The hotel offers the now-standard breakfast (waffles, other breads/pastries, cereal, oatmeal, juices). The breakfast area is comfortable, appropriate for the lone traveler or can easily accommodate a big group.

Access was easy, right off of the main expressway.

This will definitely be my hotel of choice when I visit this business location again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway to ensure a quiet evening. My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed over one night while visiting with family nearby and were glad we did. This property is located right off I-83 near the turnpike interchange in New Cumberland. It’s sparkling new and clean. What really distinguishes this property from others is the excellent, professional and courteous staff, who seem to try satisfying whatever you want. All offered friendly greetings and comments as you passed them in the lobby or by the elevators. The Fairfield breakfast was up a notch, with fresh hard boiled eggs and Jimmy Dean prepared breakfast sandwiches for popping in the microwave. Everything offered was fresher than we usually find at these things. For our room, we upgraded to a small suite. It featured a king-bed, a separate sitting area with a 2nd TV , chair, writing table and sofa-bed. The room was well lit and clean. Internet was fine. Although we could see highway I-83 from our window, we could not hear the noise. On the night we were there, the property hosted two groups of school-age kids with their families involved in sports – everyone was respectful. We recommend this Fairfield for its location and excellent staff ready to care for their guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#3 of 14 in New Cumberland
Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!