Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed overnight for a very important interview early in the morning. Our Check-in was smooth and we were promised a nice quiet room on the opposite side of the highway. We dropped our bags in our room and headed to a delicious dinner at The Garlic Poet.We returned to our room around 8:30 only to hear a very noisy child in the room above us! I waited one hour before calling the front desk to complain.Emily apologized and said she would call and have them"settle down"The noise became worse following my call..along with the child running around he/she cried and the Mother yelled! After eating breakfast in the lobby I spoke to the front desk personally about our night,the response was and I quote "It wasn't written in the book that you called at 9:30 to report the disturbance" and "I don't know what to say" ..How about I'm sorry and we apologize for any inconvenience for starters!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here for a week while touring the nearby areas and the staff could not be nicer. On arrival I requested a quiet room and found that we were put in a suite which overlooked the highway, the room was quite but I could still hear the road noise. The next morning I asked if there was any other room that may be available and Anne at reception could not have been more obliging, giving me the keys to a number of empty rooms to see which one I would prefer. The staff were more than efficient, they were courteous and cared about their clients. Can't recommend these guys enough and would definitely stay with them again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann0777
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Wow; how can one facility do absolutely EVERYTHING right? Employees who ALL know the definition of customer service, from the manager to the young lady serving fabulous breakfast in a spotless area, to the young man who cleaned our room making a special trip to accommodate a special request. Our 4 night stay could not have gone any smoother. I would not hesitate to recommend this Fairfield Inn and Suites to anyone traveling in the Harrisburg PA vicinity. It's easily accessed from the freeway andclose to most everything in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Check in was great, informative and pleasant, thanks to Emily. Room was clean and well organized. Ample toiletries and towels. No noise from hallways. There was a nice sign in the hallway asking all to keep the noise down in the halls after 10pm and make an extra effort to not have doors slam. I thought this was great. Was in town for an event alone and when I returned had a nice converstaion with Emily again. She is a great asset to the organization. I did not use the breakfast service, but did take a look. The usual Breakfast Buffet Fare. Looked good. I definitely would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: If they are all as nice as the one I was booked into all i would add is I always ask for the hightes...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Stop over on the way to NYC. Hotel looks and even smells new. Easy check in and room was clean and unlike other reviews, my room #234 was away from the highway and quiet. Beds were comfortable. Mini fridge and microwave in room.
Complementary breakfast starts a 7am. Standard Fairfield spread.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I stay at Marriott Brand hotels about 100 nights per year. This Fairfield Inn was right on par with the best of them. Being new (2 years old), this location is clean and up to date. This is why I stay at Marriotts, consistency.

It was a great price and a good value. It was also in a great location, right off of the highway and outside of Harrisburg but only a 5 min drive, which is perfect because I'd try to avoid Harrisburg itself...

My ONLY complaint would be that the AC units are quite loud. Didn't bother me when I slept but I had to raise the TV volume significantly whenever it came on.

(Stayed on 10/3/13)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Always stay here when me and the wife need to get away from the daily grind. Always get wonderful treatment from the staff. The manager is so professional and pleasant. And all the front desk staff to the housekeepers are all so friendly. The rooms are clean small but comfortable and cozy, Nothing but good times at the Fairfield.

Room Tip: Get the King bed its the best around!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#2 of 14 in New Cumberland
Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Capital Inn New Cumberland
Capital Inn New Cumberland
#4 of 14 in New Cumberland
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!