“Ok for a night”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Ok for a night”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel is conveniently located right off I95. Check in was easy and friendly. We stayed in room 335. We loved the room decor. thank goodness some hotels/motels are finally taking out their old carpeting and replacing with an cleaner option. The room had bamboo flooring which was quite nice except that someone else's footprints were all over it ( obviously it had not been cleaned from the previous guest). The sink vanity and washroom area are separated by a door which I prefer. The washroom was clean and quite new. The shower was nice. A glassed in shower stall. The bed was not comfortable for me but my husband said he slept fine. The bedcover we had to remove because it had 2 big stains on on it. The bed itself was clean with no issue of bed bugs. The room was quite basic. We were disappointed that there was no microwave. Beware that this hotel charges $2.99 a day for wifi, which is ridiculous since every hotel we stayed in along our journey included wifi. Hotel was reasonably priced at $45. However, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: beware of the wifi charges!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missks2002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

The room was clean, bright, and airy! It is a little on the smaller side but the price is right at 39.99 plus tax...Jennifer at the front desk was quick, pleasant, and always accommodating. We will definitely return!!! The housekeeper Midge (as the card read) did a superb job keeping our room clean and well stocked!

Stayed January 2014
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I really do love the new rooms! The laminate floors make all the difference in the world to me as far as how clean a room feels! I like the shower stalls and the new bathroom counters are so sleek. The lady who checked me in was very friendly as were all other staff members I met. I think it's a great location with easy access to the interstate and great rates for a great room.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here with my 2 boys. Walls are VERY THIN! This has to be the most ghetto place I have ever stayed in!!! Lots of shady activity going on. The hotel staff was rude, rooms were a complete joke. We will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A very nice hotel, Very clean and comfortable rooms. Nice people at the desk.
Even though the inn was under renovating there were no inconveniences to me. The new vinyl floor was nice compared to carpet which I always suspect is filthy. Unfortunately this chain is still using the cheapest pillows. Otherwise my stay was very good. I dropped the TV remote under the bed and had to move it, no dust or dirt under it. One of the last to have dedicated smoking rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Muncy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Easy access off PA TPK & I-83.
VERY NICE DESK STAFF.
Room looks much nicer in website photo than in person, but bed clean & reasonably comfortable.
Housekeeping missed the cobwebs on floor before & during my two day stay. Stall shower only in my room. I wore flip-flops in shower as a safeguard.
Walls & ceiling much too thin: the people upstairs were bouncing their bedsprings when they arrived loudly after 0130. Their is no elevator, it's a WALK-UP. Maybe the top/third floor is quieter. There is a 24-hour family diner within 0.25mile.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I've stayed here once before and this place has much improved. It is a standard, renovated Motel 6. You stay here for a cheap night's stay while you're on your way to someplace else. That is exactly what I did. My one complains was that my room could have been a little cleaner. The desk and table was obviously used and not wiped down when I arrived. I mentioned it to the front desk when i was leaving and they made a note to alert housekeeping. I wasn't making a fuss, just alerting them to the situation. After all you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg West
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#2 of 13 in New Cumberland

Been to Motel 6 Harrisburg? Share your experiences!