Scottish Inns New Cumberland
US$101
US$99
La Quinta
US$92
Motel 6 Harrisburg(New Cumberland)
US$49
  • Pool
US$61
US$93
US$50
QualityInn
US$117
Highland Inn(New Cumberland)(Great Value!)
US$40
All reviewsroom was cleanfree wifidoughnutsconvenient locationseveral yearsnight staygreat place to staymicrowavehighwaylaundrybedspreadcumberlandhousekeepingpennsylvaniajacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed here on August 06, 2013 and I have to say the ONLY plesant thing there was the young gentleman that checked me in. I have to say the WHOLE place is VERY out dated, I stayed in room 105 and the room it self was to be a non smoking room but on the bathroom vanity there were burn marks from someone allowing cigarettes to lie on counter beings room had no ash trays.

Also the sink had horrible stains and it definietly showed it's age. Plus the celing fan in the bathroom was loose and half hanging out of celing. As far as the main part of the room it definietly needed to be re painted and the paper border that went around the center of the room was tearing & peeling and in some spots pieces were missing. I tried to move the one endtable to locate a electric plug for my cell phone and there was dirt all along the wall.

Room Tip: Unlike most travelers I had gotten this room because I had worked the previous night and after my shift I had to attend a Union meeting and I did not feel like traveling 2 hours to my home in Chambersburg, Pa, after the meeting beings I had to be back to Harrisburg, Pa. for work that night. 1st of all when I made reservations I had asked for early check in instead of their stated time of 3pm. they told me the EARLIEST I could check in was noon, I finally got to sleep around 2pm and then around 5pm I was awaken by other travelers talking outside and unloading their luggage for their stay. Sobeings all the rooms are on ground level the rooms are not very sound proof at all!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wllmfnk
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We have been going to the Corvettes at Carlisle show for the past 20 yrs. We were unable to get a room at our normal hotel so we found the Travel Inn in New Cumberland last minute and the price was reasonable. The stay was okay until we returned home when I noticed an additional $50 charge from the hotel on my Visa. When I called the hotel manager, Mr. Patel, he told me that after we left a cleaning person said we had stolen 2 pillows and ruined some linens. I told him he was mistaken - I would NEVER steal a pillow or ruin linens from a hotel and the cleaning person must have mixed up the room numbers. He said too bad and hung up. I was so upset I had my wife called and speak to Mr. Patel. She explained that I never stole pillows or ruined linens and never would. When he refused to look into the matter any further she told him he would file a complaint and he hung up on her. She has been in customer service for 30 yrs. and has never received such terrible service from anyone. I have served in the military for 25 yrs. and I do not steal from hotels. If I did ruin linens I would have told someone at the front desk. The hotel has your Visa card on file and can charge anything they want and there is nothing you can do about it. I would NEVER stay there again and recommend no one else does either.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank osow1098
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Place was dirty & run down. Sink in room was disgusting! Staff was not helpful. I did not even stay, but still had to pay because i did not provide them with 24 hours notice. I did not know 24 hours before i got there how gross this place was. How was i supposed to cancel in advance?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank AT124
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have stayed at the Travel Inn a few times and have always been treated kindly by the staff. The rooms are clean and have plenty of space.
Some rooms do have mirrors over the bed which I don't care for. If you don't as well just reguest a room with no mirrors.
There is a new vending machine with many types of drinks. Its nice to see so many non soda choices.
The beds are comfortable tho the pillows are flat.
It's always been very quiet here, I don't hear anything from other rooms which is a plus.
A hair dryer, microwave, mini frig is in each room.
The pool is clean and had seating.
I do recommend staying at the Travel Inn

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Cathy1201
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I were looking for a room the night of our wedding. The best man offer to get us a room, so he called Travel Inn for us. We booked the room with a credit card. When the reception was over my husband and I went to Travel Inn to check in, the clerk told us because we didn't answer our phone, he cancelled our reservations and gave our room to someone else. Then my husband and I left because who wants to stay at hotel with that kind of service. How are you suppose to answer a phone when you are in the middle of a reception?

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple