“Awesome Holiday Weekend!!!”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Holiday Weekend!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I chose to stay in New Cumberland because it was half way between families that we were visiting over memorial day weekend, and I am so happy I chose the Best Western Plus!! The staff was friendly and helpful! If they didn't have an answer for you right away, they would get it for you very promptly! I wanted to say a personal thanks to Savon of the front desk staff, she was amazing with all the help she provided in finding a local place to buy swim close for my kids; to finding a good family restaurant nearby for my daughters and I to enjoy! The classic rock radio station they had playing throughout the building was a pleasant and unique touch! The music was perfect for the setting and not just some mundane elevator instrumental that I have heard in so many other hotels. The breakfast was quaint and enjoyable, the selection was precisely what is expected in a hotel this size! Overall; the service was great, the room was clean and neat, the indoor pool was perfect for a dad with two little girls and breakfast was the perfect start to each morning we were there! My girls and I WILL be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The hotel claim to be newly renovated, but it doesn't look like it... Casual staff at the front desk evening and morning, student doing there homework or reading newspapers. Rooms dirty, bed linens and pillows covers look dirty. Corridor door not look at late evening. Breakfast OK, I will not return to this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Best_Western_MGT, Manager at Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at our Hotel, and appreciate your feed back so that we may take the proper action to redeem any issues that we may have at our property. We are currently getting ready to update and renovate the Hotel as to secure future satisfaction to our guests coming to stay with us, and ensure that our Hotel is of the best quality.

We here at the Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites would love to see you again when you come to visit the area and to see the changes we are making to the Hotel for the better. I would like to apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced, and thank you for your feed back!

Best Western Plus Management
State College, Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We had stayed here once a couple years ago, mainly for convenience and the extra room space provided by the sofa area at a reasonable price. Our stay was satisfactory, so we chose this location again while in town for our daughters' college graduation. In the couple years since our last visit, however, the overall condition of the property seemed to have deteriorated. Specifically, the joints around the bathtub were dirty, there was no drain plug in the bathroom sink, and the room window was dirty. The stairwells were also dirty and were filled with loud rock music. In addition, a 2 hour power failure complicated our morning preparations. While the power failure was certainly not the motel's fault, the information flow for guests was lacking, and it required quite some time for the TV and wifi service to be restored and hot breakfast to be served (which we had to skip) after the power came back on. On the plus side, the lady on duty at check-in was very pleasant and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Greenwood
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed three nights and there was a very moldy smell in our rooms. Noticed carpets were not very clean around the edges--breakfast was just ok..rooms need to be updated and remodeled. I would give it a 5 out of 10, lots of outside rust that needs cleaning up and repainted

Room Tip: first floor rooms seem to be better for some reason
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Best_Western_MGT, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We here at the Best Western Plus in New Cumberland would love to see you again when you come to visit the area and to see the changes we are making to the Hotel for the better. I would like to apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced, and thank you for your feed back!

Best Western Plus Management
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a smart place to stop over if your passing through Pennsylvania on your way to Penn, Hershey or a ski trip. The rate is reasonable and the hotel is a "plus" BW. A little nicer than average.Rooms are clean and a sufficient size for a family of four. The location is well positioned to the main highway and there are plenty of restaurants in the area. Indoor pool is a plus and the wiFi is strong. It might be worth it to note for all you Television addicts, that the hotel has Direct TV. The picture and selection was impressive.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are quieter and away from the pool and fitness room traffic
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review of our hotel!

Best Regards,
Best Western Management Team
York Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Had to stay here due to power issues with my residence near by. I can honestly say that the price was well worth it, cleanliness was not an issue and the manager (I think his name was Travis something or another) was very accomodating to our room needs. I will definately stay here in the future if the need ever arises again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Travis S, Manager at Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your comments and take pride in our superior customer service. We hope to see you in the near future. Have a nice day.
Travis
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This Hotel is in an awesome location being right of the PA turnpike and at the halfway mark from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh. Not to mention you can head south and be in Baltimore in no time! The rooms with the fireplaces are my favortie because they are very relaxing and great to look at while doing late night work. I travel for business alot and these rooms are great for the price. The breakfast room is great, but do think more variety could be added...at the same time not huge deal and won't stop me from staying again. I travel alot for business and this is one of my top spots while in Central PA. To top it all off the Staff is awesome! Dan the night guy took care of me with any extra toiletries that I needed and helped me out with some late night printing for work. There was also another young lady who worked the desk who was very kind, but forgive me here name has slipped my mind. The manager Travis gave me some names of great places to get good pizza on my way out of town!! Look forward to seeing everyone again!

Room Tip: Ask for fireplace room!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Travis
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#1 of 14 in New Cumberland
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West
Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Clarion Hotel & Conference Cente...
#10 of 14 in New Cumberland
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!