Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
State College, Pennsylvania
“Horrible”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for an out of town wedding. The room was FILTHY. Never never again would I stay here. If I had been alone I would have found another hotel. We booked a "suite" which apparently does not mean anything. We walked into the 'Suite" and had 2 double beds, a small desk and that's it. I travel a lot for business and a suite is supposed to be a larger room with a chair or sofa etc. This was a normal 2 bed room and very cramped and small. The worst was the filth. It was disgusting. The breakfast was ok. The coffee machine was empty but they did fill it in a short time frame. Do Not Stay here!! The bill was wrong when I checked out but they did correct it before we left. I believe the room number we had was 101

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Natural Bridge, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Excellent place to stay! $25 discount coupon wasn't subtracted at first, but clerk corrected it next A.M., and apologized. Very clean, quiet, and good breakfast. Employees were very friendly. Happy to stay there again.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My children and I stayed at this hotel a little over a year ago and it was a great stay. They had an awesome staff... They had a young gentleman working as the manager and he was wonderful, he went out of his way to accommodate every need my kids and I had. The very young black girl who worked the evening was adorable and so caring! The hotel was clean and well kept and the room was well supplied. But, it seems that they have an entirely new staff this year and I have to say that these new people don't even know the meaning of the word service. When we came in the door we stood at the counter for almost 5 minutes before the clerk even acknowledged we were standing there. When she did finally come out from behind the back, she just looked at us and said "Name?"... No Hello, no smile, no apology for making us wait and no interest in welcoming us to the establishment. As we walked to our room, I was disgusted by all the filth that was on the floors. It looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. Once inside the room, I took off my shoes and was going to get comfortable, but the second my feet hit the floor I immediately had to put my shoes back on because the floor felt sticky/slimy. It was so bad I wouldn't let my kids play on the floor. After that, I discovered that the room only had 2 towels and 2 wash cloths in the bathroom, what kind of hotel only puts 2 sets of towels/wash cloths in a room that has 2 queen beds? Since I wouldn't let them play on the floor, we decided to go down to the pool. That room was worse than the rest of the hotel. The hot tub had a 5 inch thick layer of dark grey foam on top and the pool was cloudy. I was so disgusted by this that I didn't let them into the pool either. On our way back to the room, we stopped by the desk to pick up an extra set of towels so that we would have enough for the three of us. The clerk just rolled her eyes and stormed off to the back room, when she came back she asked what room I was in and marked it down on a book behind the counter as if I was going to steal them or something. It's clear that this place has dramatically gone down hill and my family and I will not be staying here ever again. In the morning, we went out to look at some of the other hotels in the area; when we come to New Cumberland the next time, we will be staying at the Fairfield Inn just up the street. They charge a little more, but they are clean and friendly!

Room Tip: If you want a clean place to sleep, find a different hotel!
1 Thank Daddy_OF_002
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is moderately priced, gives you what you are looking for, a good nights sleep and close to the highway and a breakfast to boot! the room was spacious and clean but could use some updating. It has a pool open from 10am to 10pm if you need to relax a little. close proximety are some fast food, diner, and pizza, and gas stations. overall you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: ice is on the 1st and 3rd floors, if this helps.
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 7/26
For a "plus" hotel I thought the room was very small.
Nicely decorated. Clean. Beds comfortable. Sofa bed in good condition. Air works well. Located at I-83. 1 Block to McDonalds, and great diner John's Family Diner open 24/7.
Very small fitness room, heated pool. Breakfast room small for too many people. Cereal, danish, muffins, waffles, coffee, juice, sausage and "round scrambled eggs (?).
Spotless lobby, vending next to lobby. Friendly staff.
Rating 4.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol L
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel provided everything we needed. It was close to Hershey Park as well as Gettysburg National Park. The attendant at the desk was very pleasant. The rooms had refrigerators which was a nice bonus. Very Pleased!

Warrington
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice size room with two queen beds and a folding couch. First room had no hot water and had to move at 10pm after settling in. The breakfast was the average free one. Nothing to write home about, but good enough to get you going, Room could have been cleaner. The wife found a old hair band on the floor.