“Great place for family”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Berkeley Hts N J, United States
“Great place for family”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

2 night stay...had 2 rooms to accommodate the family... spacious,...clean rooms... wonderful staff...would definitely recommend anyone to stay here...had a problem with one room...fan in the bathroom was not working and the sink was clogged and would not let the water drain properly...when I told the staff, they fixed the problem very quickly and efficiently...also they did not have regular tea available during breakfast...when my wife asked if there was any in storage, she was told that that were unfortunately out and they made an adjustment on the bill (which was completely unexpected) and the tea was available the next day...the management did an outstanding job to help make our trip special...I will definitely go back

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Munnsville
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Brought the family from upstate New York to Hershey Pennsylvania. All the hotels in Hershey were over priced and had poor reviews. I try to stay loyal to BEST Western, so found this one just 13 minutes from Hershey park. The rates are very good for the area and extremely good for the quality of room you get. Our family of 4 fit comfortably in a double queen bed suite even had a pull out couch, so we all had our own beds. Rooms are nice and clean. The kids of course had to use the pool area, pool was kept clean and hot tub whirlpool was very nice. My only complaint was the breakfast area, not a big deal just over crowded, and staff could not keep up with refilling items. We just went out to eat instead. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The general manager even when blasted with phone calls made time to say hello and asked if every thing was ok. Definitely recommend if going to Hershey and need a place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hartford
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Best Western New Cumberland in Pennsylvania for three days this past week. When we got to the hotel we noticed that the bed sheets were a bit stained with what seemed to be coffee. We called the front desk and they were very apologetic and offered to change the sheets or move us to another room, we decided to have them change the sheets since all of our luggage was already in the room. The room was a bit noisy but besides that it was okay. The breakfast was okay, they had a good variety of foods, but the breakfast area was a bit too small. Decent place for the price.

Stayed August 2014
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for an out of town wedding. The room was FILTHY. Never never again would I stay here. If I had been alone I would have found another hotel. We booked a "suite" which apparently does not mean anything. We walked into the 'Suite" and had 2 double beds, a small desk and that's it. I travel a lot for business and a suite is supposed to be a larger room with a chair or sofa etc. This was a normal 2 bed room and very cramped and small. The worst was the filth. It was disgusting. The breakfast was ok. The coffee machine was empty but they did fill it in a short time frame. Do Not Stay here!! The bill was wrong when I checked out but they did correct it before we left. I believe the room number we had was 101

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane G
Natural Bridge, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Excellent place to stay! $25 discount coupon wasn't subtracted at first, but clerk corrected it next A.M., and apologized. Very clean, quiet, and good breakfast. Employees were very friendly. Happy to stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My children and I stayed at this hotel a little over a year ago and it was a great stay. They had an awesome staff... They had a young gentleman working as the manager and he was wonderful, he went out of his way to accommodate every need my kids and I had. The very young black girl who worked the evening was adorable and so caring! The hotel was clean and well kept and the room was well supplied. But, it seems that they have an entirely new staff this year and I have to say that these new people don't even know the meaning of the word service. When we came in the door we stood at the counter for almost 5 minutes before the clerk even acknowledged we were standing there. When she did finally come out from behind the back, she just looked at us and said "Name?"... No Hello, no smile, no apology for making us wait and no interest in welcoming us to the establishment. As we walked to our room, I was disgusted by all the filth that was on the floors. It looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. Once inside the room, I took off my shoes and was going to get comfortable, but the second my feet hit the floor I immediately had to put my shoes back on because the floor felt sticky/slimy. It was so bad I wouldn't let my kids play on the floor. After that, I discovered that the room only had 2 towels and 2 wash cloths in the bathroom, what kind of hotel only puts 2 sets of towels/wash cloths in a room that has 2 queen beds? Since I wouldn't let them play on the floor, we decided to go down to the pool. That room was worse than the rest of the hotel. The hot tub had a 5 inch thick layer of dark grey foam on top and the pool was cloudy. I was so disgusted by this that I didn't let them into the pool either. On our way back to the room, we stopped by the desk to pick up an extra set of towels so that we would have enough for the three of us. The clerk just rolled her eyes and stormed off to the back room, when she came back she asked what room I was in and marked it down on a book behind the counter as if I was going to steal them or something. It's clear that this place has dramatically gone down hill and my family and I will not be staying here ever again. In the morning, we went out to look at some of the other hotels in the area; when we come to New Cumberland the next time, we will be staying at the Fairfield Inn just up the street. They charge a little more, but they are clean and friendly!

Room Tip: If you want a clean place to sleep, find a different hotel!
1 Thank Daddy_OF_002
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is moderately priced, gives you what you are looking for, a good nights sleep and close to the highway and a breakfast to boot! the room was spacious and clean but could use some updating. It has a pool open from 10am to 10pm if you need to relax a little. close proximety are some fast food, diner, and pizza, and gas stations. overall you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: ice is on the 1st and 3rd floors, if this helps.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg West
Scottish Inns New Cumberland
Scottish Inns New Cumberland
#4 of 13 in New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#2 of 13 in New Cumberland
Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Clarion Hotel & Conference Cente...
#11 of 13 in New Cumberland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!