“Very courteous and accommodating”

Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Taylor, Michigan
“Very courteous and accommodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am in hotels 3-4 nights a week. This hotel stands out over all the rest. The breakfast is decent including waffles and yogurt, among others, including hot oatmeal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Newcumberland, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is very flattering to hear that our hotel stands out over all the rest. It is also nice to hear that the breakfast is decent among others. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
We look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have been coming to Days inn New Cumberland hotel pass three years. It is our home away from home. The owner and his entire staff have only one purpose in mind and that is to serve your needs as a guest. We have never had a problem here and our accommodations and service are second to none. Ms Molly, Ms Leigh, Ms Kelly always go the second mile to help the guests. Mr. Steve is a life savor with his knowledge of Saigon and his willingness to meet all our needs. We leave for America in one week after two months stay at Days inn South Harrisburg. We will sincerely miss all our friends at the Days inn, but are already looking forward to our return for three months in 2015. Thank you all for making our vacation such an important part of our lives.

Room Tip: The entire hotel is perfect for anyone.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paknesh W
Newcumberland, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. What a wonderful review to read from one of our valued guests. We are very pleased to have you and your family, and we promise to continue giving you the best lodging experience. Your comments will be shared with our staff, especially to Ms Molly, Ms Leigh, Ms Kelly and Mr. Steve. I am sure they will be happy to read this! Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Media, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

A couple years ago, this was a pretty good, cheap hotel. They have jacked the rates up over 50%, and I would no longer call it cheap, which brings down its rating. I stayed there a couple times to go to Carlisle car shows.

Last time I was there, the internet service had improved, but the reception on the picture-tube TV was very poor. They had removed the abandoned vehicles from the grounds. The exhaust fan came on with the bathroom light, and was so noisy that I worried that I might wake the neighbors.

Certainly not a place that you want to entertain anyone. It's a cheap hotel, and is not in any way even resemble a Hilton. There is just enough room between the desk and the bed, that you can pull back the chair and sit down. One room had a water stain on the ceiling near the window, and in the other, the ceiling in the bathroom had been patched rather poorly. If there is someone in the next room, you will be able to hear conversations or the TV through the wall. There is much in the way of entertainment or restaurants in the immediate area, although there is a supermarket about a mile and a half away.

They stop serving breakfast at 9 a.m., so I've never made it.

On the plus side, the beds are firm, but comfortable, the bedding was in good shape and appeared to be clean, and they don't have the silly teeny-tiny pillows.. It is in a quiet location, tucked away, away from traffic, which I can't say about the Wingate by Wyndham, nearby in Mechanicsburg. The front desk staff and manager have been pleasant.

The pool is outdoor, and I've never used it. I never saw it very busy.

Room Tip: Find a cheaper cheap hotel, or an actual decent hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert A
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. We are committed to delivering the highest level of service to our guests, your feedback will help us correct and improve our services to better achieve our primary goal. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. But we thank you for pointing out the “plus” side of our Hotel. I am glad to hear that you appreciate the bed, and the location. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon. We look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had a great time for my visit to Harrisburg area. Went to the car show and this hotel was 2 minutes from the turnpike. Easy access to all the major restaurants. The breakfast was great and healthy. It was home away from home.

Room Tip: Clean, affordable place to stay for a short and long trip.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vishal p
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit.
We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. It’s great to hear that you had a great time and you had enjoyed your breakfast. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future. We look forward to serving you again.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I arrived at the Days Inn to check in for my reserved room. I did not print out my reservation due to reserving on my phone that morning, but showed the e-mailed confirmation I did receive. I was then told that he didn't have my confirmation on his end but he would find it. I was issued my room keys and went out not to return until the middle of the night. When I checked my bank statement 2 days later I was confused as to why I was charged for 2 separate hotel rooms. When I looked at who I reserved my room with it turned out not to be Days Inn after all. So the "helpful" gentleman simply charged me for a room that I did indeed use while knowing I would still have to pay for the reserved room I never showed up for. When I called to complain about the lack of honesty, I was told that if I paid attention to where I reserved my room this would not have happened, and it wasn't their fault I went to the wrong Inn (when there are 7 within a 2 mile radius). I wasn't expecting a refund and I admit part of it is my fault. Had they told me I was at the wrong place they would be receiving an excellent review even if I didn't stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. I am sorry to hear about what happened with your stay. I am very saddened to hear that the staff that assisted you did not inform you that you were in the wrong Hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding that matter. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.
Your feedback helps to improve our quality of service, thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg West
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#2 of 13 in New Cumberland

Been to Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South? Share your experiences!