Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“Nice”
Reviewed 7 March 2011

A very nice hotel in the center of town. Convenient. Parking in hotel. Employees were happy to assist.. The continental breakfast was superb. Breakfast area was inviting, clean, Sherry the hostess was wonderful. Plenty of fruit, breads, muffins, cereal hot/cold, tea, coffee, juices, make your own...

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank shailesh321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Yorik City
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night while taking our teenage son to visit colleges in the area. Maybe it's improved as a result of the terrible recent reviews on TripAdvisor, but we didn't have any problems. The room was comfortable and clean, and the breakfast was typical of this type of hotel. It wasn't brand new construction, certainly, but as long as it was clean, we didn't have a problem. The young man who worked at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank NYCTraveler60
daysinnnewcumberland, Owner at Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 11 January 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your past stay with us! We look forward to seeing you agin soon. Please call me if I can assist.

Have a great day!
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I would not stay here again, the rooms, were dirty. by rooms I mean we went to three rooms to get one. The worker gave us a key to a room that already had guests staying in them asleep as we arrived at 12:30 am. They put us in a third room and it was trashed the beds were filthy, the tubs are stained I think it was a stain anyhow. the second night someone tried to key into our room and the worker said that he would give us a FULL refund and couldn't print out a receipt or give us a business card or his name, because we reserved through travel now. The full refund has now turned into maybe $20.00. If there was a fire at this hotel no one would know who you were because they don't know who is in what room

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are concerned about your stay with us as we pride ourselves on our property. Please call me directly at 717-774-4156 so we can discuss your stay with us.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2010

If I could, I would give 0. Priceline booked me in this dump (Days Inn Harrisburg South). The hotel was run down, it was a smoking room (I'm not a smoker), and the toilet ran non-stop. I asked to switch rooms but the hotel told me that Priceline specified a smoking room and only Priceline could change the reservation. Of course, Priceline told me that only the hotel could change the room. I ended up leaving and driving home 4 hours, rather than spending the night. Calls to Priceline and Days Inn customer service got me nowhere. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We would like to talk with you regarding your past stay with us. Please contact me directly at 717-774-4156 so we can talk about your stay with us.

Thank you!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 December 2009

pet fee is just approx $16.23 (incl. tax) is the most important feature of this place. it's worth it not leaving my dog to someone or a kennel who will barely can take care of him. it's better to take him as much as we can possibly manage during our trips. this days inn allowed us to travel without worrying about where my dog will go to stay. the manager on duty was friendly. but the carpet inside the room because it's dark green can hide dirty things on the floor. the good thing about the room was the bed - we did not feel itchy which means there were no bugs leaving in the mattress. the bed cover and blankets though need to be replaced because they are old and torn. even though, we were safe from the bed bugs, we did not feel safe inside the hotel. the hotel did not have security locks in the building entrances.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
amityville
Reviewed 24 September 2009

my stay was relaxing ,its close to the hwys and stores.I found the staff to be very helpful on my arrival and in giving me directions to my destiny.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Calrkston, MI
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Horrible, horrible, horrible. The first room had unknown fluids on the blankets & hair on the sheets. The cups had what looked like coffee in the bottom, but was recovered with the plastic. Asked the front desk staff for clean sheets & he moved us to another room that was worse. The second room had blood on on the blankets & more bodily fluids on the sheets. The coffee pot still had coffee in it from God knows when. Management would not give us our money back . The owner/manager was extremely rude & was yelling & even kicked the front desk employee, which was his son. The owner's son admitted that the rooms were not cleaned & that he would not stay there. We were in town for a wedding & had booked 4 rooms. Take my advice & find another hotel!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends