“On our honeymoon!”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
west virginia
“On our honeymoon!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I decided to travel to Hershey, PA for our honeymoon and decided to spend more money on leisure rather than high hotel rates. I booked one room for four nights and for $300.00 I figured we would regret it, not at all! This hotel was perfect for us, within 20 miles of Hershey and 45 minutes to Gettysburg. The first night was a bit warm, our ac unit only cooled a bit but the following morning the clerk at the front desk promptly gave us a new room, no questions asked. The rooms are a bit small as are the bathrooms but it was incredibly clean, the morning breakfast was limited but sausage, eggs, english muffins, fruit, pastries, and plenty of fresh coffee was enough for us. The pool area was extremely clean although the pool itself did need a bit of attention. All the employees were very friendly also. I would recommend this property to anyone, just don't expect a high end place, it is a Quality Inn. Restaurant tip; two evenings we ate John's Diner, within walking distance if you chose, we had wonderful t-bone steaks, the salad bar was extremely fresh, and everything we had was very fresh and great prices.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker request a room on the first or second floors as the rooms allow direct access to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MZAVER, General Manager at Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 1 August 2014

Quality Inn New Cumberland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We actually left this hotel because it was so bad. The property in general was dirty and run down in the hallways with the stray cigarette but on the floor. The room we were give had a large water stain on the ceiling, grease running down the back of the door from the door piston, water stained lamp shade, cigarette burn in bed spread even though it was a non smoking room, dirty bathroom, and smelled bad. There was no information in the room about wireless internet if it exists. We did not stay long enough to find out. When we asked about a different room we were told that the hotel was booked up even though there were maybe 10 cars in the lot and the hotel has 3 floors of about 50 - 60 rooms each. We actually decided to leave the room at 10:30PM and get a refund. If you are used to clean, decent accommodations do not book a room here. If you are just looking for a flop house, this is the place for you. I see that the property manager responds to all of the bad reviews stating that they are using the feedback to improve the property, but I did not see it. I have seen reviews of what I believe is the same room we received (unless they have more than one with a huge water stain on the ceiling). The water stain has not been fixed and they are still renting the room. Avoid this one like the plague.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank samlopes
MZAVER, Manager at Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear valued Guest

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The staff at the hotel is very friendly and when I had an issue I was moved right away. The morning buffet was horrible with limited choices, I would suggest they re-evaluate the buffet and make changes.

Room Tip: If you would like to use WIFI, ask for a room in the front of the hotel because the WIFI doesn't...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MZAVER, General Manager at Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at our Hotel, and appreciate your feed back so that we may take the proper action to redeem any issues that we may have at our property. We are currently getting ready to update and renovate the Hotel as to secure future satisfaction to our guests coming to stay with us, and ensure that our Hotel is of the best quality.

We here at the quality inn hotel ,New Cumberland Inn & Suites would love to see you again when you come to visit the area and to see the changes we are making to the Hotel for the better. I would like to apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced, and thank you for your feed back!

Mohan Zaver
CEO
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a family emergency and had to find a place quick, and online searches were of no help for our travel dates. I called directly to the Inn and spoke with Ehab who had great patience with all my questions, and he graciously offered advice even if we were not staying with them (but we did.) The staff was very kind and always willing to go above and beyond helping to meet our requests at the inn and beyond (places to eat, places to see, etc.) Enjoyed it and will stay there again! Thanks to everyone there, especially Ehab!

Room Tip: The Inn did offer breakfast but it did not have it's own restaurant, but there's several wit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
MZAVER, General Manager at Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate our guest’s feedback so that we may continue to better our services. Our staff strives to go above and beyond our guests expectations and Ehab will be rewarded for his special recognition. I am glad to see you found our property easily and enjoyed all the amenities we had to offer. We look forward to having as our guests again in the future.

Best regards

Mohan Zaver
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Sometimes when I read reviews, and I do read them for all my traveling accommodations, I wonder if these people that complain live in quarters like they expect the motel chains to supply. I wonder if their homes are so immaculate that their isn't a little dust in the corners around the baseboard. I can tell you the accommodations at this motel were excellent considering you're not paying $150 plus for a room. I had a nice room with two queen beds, good sleeping, I had air conditioning. A larger refrigerator than normally supplied in your room/not a suite , nice microwave, decent hot water, lots of water pressure, an all you could eat great breakfast. They had everything: yogurts, fresh fruit, hard- boiled eggs, sausage,cooked eggs, toasts, juices, coffees,waffles, oatmeal, and sweet breads. I may have missed something but over-all fantastic choices for breakfast. They have a bigger outdoor pool than what I have seen at most motels of this caliber. And I cannot forget to mention the courtesy extended by all the motel staff to accommodate your every need. They helped unload my car, took my things to my room, unloaded them in my room. They were always there to help. Another thing about breakfast they didn't make you feel you were eating more or taking more than you should, they weren't like hawks watching your every move. There was a desk, two chairs one for sitting/1 a computer chair in my room with great air conditioning that worked. I had no problem connecting to wi-fi as their guest. In my opinion, it may not be the TajMahal, but you get a lot of bang for your buck at this motel all things considered. And in reference to something not working or being broken...even motels have things break and not work occasionally, like we do in our homes, so don't expect any less when you travel....after all no place is perfect, and again I say how much did you pay for this room that didn't meet your every demand and standard. Let's be honest and fair people when doing reviews.

Room Tip: If I knew ahead of time and had children and family wanting to enjoy a fairly large pool, I would re...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MZAVER, General Manager at Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 23 June 2014

Crestwood, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on the way to Ocean City New Jersey. My girlfriend and I had to get a different room, since the one we originally had was "broke". Meaning no air conditioning and the bathroom light turned on and off on its own.

The replacement room wasn't much better. No smoke alarm in the room(you could see where it was supposed to be) and a broken sprinkler. Awful.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear valued Guest

Laax, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We have been two days in the Quality Inn and for us it was perfect. The room was clean and the breakfast choice was good. And very friendly employees. Restaurants was nearby. It's near to harrisburg and to the airport

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MZAVER, General Manager at Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South, responded to this review, 17 May 2014