“I love this hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Freedom
San Diego, California
“I love this hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Great Pool, hot tub and exercise room. Ruby Tuesday's shares the parking lot. Fast internet. Guest Laundry. Friendly Staff. The breakfast attendant was very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lansing MI
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We've stayed at this Hampton Inn several times and generally are pleased with it. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff, exceptional help in the breakfast area, great location. Our only complaint this time was the condition of the carpet. It appeared to be very clean and well vacuumed but in fact it was quite dirty. Our feet were almost black after walking barefoot on it! I realize it cannot be shampooed on a regular basis but this room looked like it never had been. It left us with a creepy feeling. Otherwise, we can recommend this place highly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Spartan59
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We picked this hotel because of the suites available. After we arrived we were very happy with the cleanliness and layout of the hotel. The staff were always polite and helpful. In the four nights we spent here we were completely satisfied.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Mayberryncfan
Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Spent a week here. Very nice rooms. Very clean. Quiet. Furnishings included good bed, nice wrap-around desk, LCD TV, microwave, small fridge. Rather attractive looking hotel in a nice semi-rural location.

Excellent breakfast bar -- omlettes, make-your-own-waffles, meat, yogurt, breads, juices, coffees, teas.

Staff were very helpful and courteous. Basic price was a bit high, but offered us a nice discount after asking why we were in the area.

Good location. Well-back from main road. Near I-83 (nearest end is about 200' away) but no rooms directly facing it. Across from Ruby Tuesday and 5 minute walk to Cracker Barrel. More food and shopping half-mile away.

Wired internet service good.

Only wrinkle is that the electronic cards keys stopped working about 20 minutes before check-out time. Apparently programmed incorrectly. Slightly inconvenient.

Highly recommended overall.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sirius4565
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife and I, my three brothers and their wives (from Michigan, Texas, and Oklahoma), my two sons and their families, my older daughter and her family, my son's sergeant major and two other soldiers from New Jersey, my sister and her daughter, my four grandchildren - we were all at this hotel most of the week of July 17-22 to commemorate my youngest daughter Rebecca Jean Bryan, who died tragically in a horrible accident on July 15 just outside Gettysburg, PA. The funeral service was conducted by Monahan Funeral Home in Gettysburg and my daughter buried in Arendtsville just west of Gettysburg. Monahan Funeral Home was every bit as top notch as was the Hampton Inn. The staff at this Hampton Inn was superb. They were kind and helpful. The rooms were immaculate, the bedding comfortable, the breakfast exquisite with a very large and accomodating breakfast area. Cold bottles of water were provided when we left the hotel. My wife, who has an acoustic neuroma and very poor balance, fell just as we were about to leave on Friday morning, July 22 and fractured her ankle. She has many medical issues and my younger son, Lt. Col. Robert Bryan, transported her to the hospital in York. The hotel extended our checkout time. These people are professionals and are highly recommended. I encourage them to keep up the good work, so frequently missing in this country today, as our economy and our values and work ethic seem to be quickly and sadly deteriorating.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Purcellville
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Make sure of room accomodation s. BUT at all times since its opening i have stayed and loved this particualr Hampton Inn . As well as the one with Broad St, address in Richmond , VA. York County known for cleanliness and friendliness ! My rating here is from all previous experiences , just not the first day of June 26.Do not want to malign the motel in any way as I am so grateful for it !

Room Tip: Check your room assignment so it is what you prefer.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
purcellville
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The desk clerks just in recent years have not cared about guests comfort or concerns. No friendly greeting and certainly on recent trip NOT Helpful, Dee, in particular, Acted like she wished noone was bothering her about anything. Simple request for room with comfortable chair ignored repeatedly. Counted only 23 cars in parking lot, middle of night. Hotel capacity way over that. During day I noted many of the room I was requesting were vacant, Contrasted completely by Missy on night shift, Helpful on every visit I have seen her over the years from days as maid service to now night clerk, She deserves a raise.
HUGE POINT> Besdies desperately in need of comfortable chair due to three back fusions and constant pain, I AM DEAF with necessary cochlea implant and aid. NO closed captioning on your TV's accessible !!!!! Have worked nationally with the organizations for the deaf and hearing impaired and according to law you MUST have immediate accessibility to closed captioning among other things such as alarms by lights, etc upon request, Another thing Dee ignored. In the middle of the night Missy was amenable to changing my room though I had not asked for that...just came down to say "hello". By morning she had a maintenance person with new remote attempting to access TY closed captioning. I WAS ABSOLUTELY GOING TO CHECK OUT EARLIER than planned stay due to treatment by front desk personnel on arrival and throughout first day ! This was a 'memory lane " pleasure trip. I never once demanded anything--- just pleasantly several times requested for my 80 yr old needs and in my advocacy nationally and internationally capacity for the deaf and hard of hearing. . I in 8 currently have severe hearing handicaps in the US population according to facts released at the recent convention in Washington, DC. This number is rapidly changing to an increase in the deaf general statistics . UNACCEPTABLE.
Have always loved this hotel, I can visit my childhood through college friends from its location and stay during my medical trips to Johns Hopkins. Have always recommended it. When Rosie at breakfast buffet greeted everyone with smile and helpfulness , I commended her, All a traveler , business, or otherwise needs to remember and recommend a hotel to others is a friendly greeting. ! One should at the very least feel welcomed. Dee working front desk, MOnday afternoon(six cars in lot when I was checking in) : was anything but and I soon decided to leave.Wande , a maid in the hall even very nicely tried to help in anycapacity.Also a smile was really all i was really looking for in the staff.Stayed at Best Western , Eden RD in Lancaster PA>>>previous night> Though extremely busy , personnel all very helpful and room beyond belief ...every amenity ! SHape back up to previous standards Hampton Inn. WE always choose one. had been in Richmond weekend before this ..so friendly and all necessary needs immediately met !WE use Hilton Inn in Raleigh airport area and never not greeted warmly as we come and go. Cleanliness another *****

Room Tip: do not accept a rude front desk clerks assignmen
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Freedom
Home2 Suites by Hilton York
Hampton Inn And Suites York South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, York
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley

Been to Hampton Inn Shrewsbury? Share your experiences!