“Great menu but didn't deliver”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bill Bateman's Bistro
Ranked #12 of 15 Restaurants in New Freedom
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great menu but didn't deliver”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stopped by Bill Bateman's for a quick lunch. We had never eaten here and were looking for an alternative to fast food or a full meal. It was early afternoon. Decor was inviting and the restaurant was clean. When we entered there was only one other table occupied. We ordered an appetizer of fried pickles. These were delicious. My hubby ordered a shrimp salad sandwich and I ordered the chicken cordon bleu sandwich. Our food came out and I asked if my sandwich was the chicken cordon bleu because it did not look right. Waitress said it was and left. After looking at it..it was a HAMBURGER. I sent it back. The waitress was nice she brought me my now cold fries back. Twenty minutes later I got my sandwich and new fries. My husband could not eat his shrimp salad sandwich because the roll was so hard. We took both home...so my husband could get bread. My chicken though was so tough and dry I couldn't eat it. It hit the trash. Hubby said shrimp salad was mediocre. Wasted money and time. We will not be returning to this Bill Bateman's in New Freedom.

• Visited September 2013