“Great family and pet hotel”

Comfort Inn Amish Country
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Holland
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Escaped to PA Dutch country from Hurricane Irene. Had a 12+ hours power loss and I can't say enough about the entire staff. My family and I travel a bit and this was the nicest staff I've ever dealt with. Room was immaculately clean and it's easy to see why this property is a platinum winner from the Choice hotel chain. Would highly recommend to all.

3  Thank bigkahuana

Reviewed 27 August 2011

This hotel is outside of Lancaster PA and we were happy to find it since we were traveling with our dog. That said, I am mystified by the prices hotels in this area charge. The people at the hotel were very friendly, there was coffee in the lobby, and the rooms were adequate -- nothing special but reasonably clean, with a small refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast is provided, but the room is very cramped and the offerings are pretty standard. While overall the hotel is fine, it is by no means exceptional. I would stay there again but only for about half the price.

1  Thank hokumplus
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The reception clerk went beyond the call of duty in giving us advice inn places to go and offering to provide more telephonically if we needed it as we toured. Only problem was the motel is stories and there is no elevator. Fortunately we only stated for two nights and didn't carry much but had we planned to stay longer I'm not sure my heart could have endured walking up and down the stairs that often. Again, I have to commend the staff, they were great!

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room!
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel looks nice from the outside, until you get to the entrance. The have two benches right at the door, opposite of one another. While at the hotel you'll find that anytime you arrive or leave there will be employees sitting at there having their smokes. They don't seem to have a designated smoking area, just light it up anywhere. Cigarettes everywhere on the front lot. Trust me, your going to smell like smoke during your stay.
The other bad was virtually no air conditioning in the breakfast area.
The rooms were not bad, but with these other problems, well it just ruined the stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank justcollectingdust
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was the second Comfort Inn we stayed at during our vacation and it was the best. The rooms were clean and good size. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were helpful and friendly. One staff member suggested a restaurant close by and and even gave us a coupon for a free appetizer. The restaurant was great. I highly recommend this hotel for qualtiy and value.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SewCrazy13
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We went there for a long weekend and found the location to be excellent and the front desk attendants to be very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and extra roomy. We were on the first floor, but found it very quiet and relaxing. The breakfast which was included had many items both cold and hot to choose from. We only wish they would have had extra tables for when it got busy. The pool was very clean and the water warm. It will be our first choice when we return to Lancaster as we do every year.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Super fresh coffee 24/7-Great waffles too. Rooms very clean (fridge & microwave too) But the best thing here is the staff.
Couldn't get my antiquated laptop connected & after mentioning it to Trudy at the front desk, she offered to give it a shot. So I brought it out & she magically fixed the problem. This after I spent 35 min on the phone with the tech guy (who couldn't help me)
Bonnie also let me stay in our room past check-out (My hubby was in a training session next door) I know that couldn't happen during high season, but it was so nice not to have to be camped out in their lobby for an hour.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Harvest Drive Family Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike

Been to Comfort Inn Amish Country? Share your experiences!