“Enjoyable Buffet Lunch with Large Selection”

Yoder's Restaurant & Buffet
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in New Holland
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We went to Yoder's again last week while out in Lancaster County. The price is cheaper during the week ($ 9.99 a person, although beverages such as iced tea & soda are extra) plus seniors get 10% off.

There is a LOT to choose from on the buffet (soups, bread, salad, hot entrees and sides plus desserts) & there is also a grill. My favorites are the broasted chicken & the salad bar (their bacon dressing is the BEST I've had anywhere). I had the steamed cauliflower, but it was not cooked long enough & was too hard. (I've had it before & it was cooked longer, so it was much easier to eat & more enjoyable.)

My family enjoys the buffet as well. The food isn't fancy, but it's good & with the large selection, everyone can find something they like.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My steak was very good, but the apple pie wasn't the best, which was very surprising. The restaurant is very clean, especially considering the number of people who visit every day. The place is HUGE -- you can't bring enough people to fill it up.

1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I loved that we could pick the buffet or order from a menu. My children got kids' meals and the adults went for the buffet. There were plenty of dishes to choose from and all were hot and fresh. The line to be seated was reasonable and there were no lines at the buffet. It was a comfortable place to eat with your family.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Not a fan of all the tourist trap "Amish" buffets in the Lancaster area, we saw an ad in our hotel for Yoders and decided to try it. At $9,99 for lunch and $13.99 for dinner we expected it to be acceptable but nothing special. We were blown away from the minute we walked in. Clean, bright and cheerful with very pleasant staff, we were greeted with a sign telling us that birthday celebrants got a free meal, and it just happened to be my husband's birthday! Proceeding, EVERY dish we tasted elicited an "omg, you gotta try this" or "I need more of THAT" From the cream of celery (?) soup, delicious, to the huge selection of included desserts, the only thing that didn't rate in our top ten ever was the meatballs, and really, who goes to an Amish buffet for spaghetti? The buffet was well tended (on a Monday - AND Tuesday) clean, plentiful and chock full of assorted selections to assure something for everyone. we go to the Lancaster area 2 or 3 times a year, and it's all about the food, we are big fans of simple, delicious and satisfying meals and we have found our new home at Yoders Country Buffet. Along with this wonderful dining experience, there is a great gift shop, a pharmacy and an incredible grocery store. It's a good thing we don't live closer, I doubt I'd ever cook again!!

1  Thank Sheri G
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I like this buffet because there are dishes here that you won't find everywhere. I love that you can order from a menu if you don't want the buffet and they have a children's menu which is awesome because my kids never seem to get much from the buffet tables anyway.