“Very good food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

While we visited Lancaster, we took a short drive to Yoder's for dinner. It was very busy and many people were eating from their smorgasbord. We ordered from their menu and were very satisfied with our food. I had the meatloaf and it was very good and tasty but a little different--it was more compressed than others I've had before. My wife had the ham balls (a local item of that area) and they were very good as well. For the sides we had the mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. When we are in this area again we will be back to eat here.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ALWAYS stop at Yoder's when in the Lancaster area! The food is always well-made, ample, fresh, and not processed. When we stopped this time, I ordered a main dish salad; when the dressings were listed, one sounded interesting, though I'd never tried it. The server brought me some to taste to see if I'd like it. She also brought a refill for my husband's drink while he was at the buffet. His "broasted" chicken was hot, fresh, and not fatty - off a buffet with MANY other wonderful items. Prices are more than reasonable, food is great, and service is both polite and cheerful - four stars!

1  Thank TheresaGEndicott_NY
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've been here twice, once for dinner & once for breakfast. I was blown away both times. Dinner was in March 2014. As a vegetarian, it is hard to feel satisfied with the selection at an average buffet. Here, I was in heaven. I had everything from mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, potato filling, rolls, corn fritters, salad & all the pie I could eat. I had more, but those are the standouts. My non-veg friend loved everything she had. Then I came back in July 2014 for the breakfast buffet with my husband (non-veg). We both ate until we couldn't eat anymore! I had eggs, potatoes, baked oatmeal (to die for!), baked french toast, waffles, biscuits, fruit and more. They also had savory lunch foods, but I was too full. The order counter made me a half waffle, which was nice. The place is simple & not much decor, but functional. The market next door sells many of the baked goods you can get in the restaurant. By far, my favorite.

1  Thank Renata L
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We finally stopped and had dinner here after almost 30 yrs. of coming to the Lancaster area. We are glad that we did. The food was good and plentiful. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. You also have a choice of ordering from the menu if buffet's are not for you.

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Not very friendly employees, but the place has a pretty good buffet and food you can order. They do a nice job for banquets