“don't let the decor put you off....”
Review of Boswell's Restaurant - CLOSED

Boswell's Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Boswell's Restaurant is a fast-casual, Contemporary American theme, providing its customers quality, flavor, value and service in a comfortable atmosphere with meals prepared to order and to individual tastes. We emphasise fresh local products on our menu whenever possible.
Toronto, Canada
“don't let the decor put you off....”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stopped here on our way out of Lancaster County for lunch. When we first walked in I was a little concerned - it felt like we had gone back to Mayberry. However, our server was very nice and the food was great. I had a roast beef sandwich -- the first one I have had in a long time that actually tasted like real roast beef! It was warm and delicious. My husband and kids all enjoyed their meals as well. It all seemed like good home cooking. When I ordered a diet coke, I was thrilled when an ice cold can and a glass with ice was brought to the table....no flat soda fountain pop here. You have to love pop to appreciate this!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank LMGToronto

Union Maine
“Mouthwatering and unique !”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Boswell's is a dining experience that may be easily overlooked amidst the many all-you-can-eat buffet spots in Lancaster County PA. Deliciously crafted meals served in a timely manner. Our party had cheese raviolis, fantastic pot roast and pork mignon. PLUS an apple strudel for dessert that rivaled that served in Germany. Each meal was elegantly presented. The vegetables were cooked perfectly - garlic spinach was off the chart. Make the time to find this unassuming spot on main street. It will be well worth your while. Oh and yes, the prices are so affordable.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Junia N
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Potato salad like my mother's”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We understand that the restaurant has a new chef owner. This was our first time in town, and we were quite impressed with our meals. I had sausage with potato salad (dinner), and the chef's potato salad reminded me of my mother's, with lots of hardboiled egg and dill pickles along with potatoes and mayonnaise dressing. The apple-strudel-like dessert was exceptionally good, and the staff made a pot of decaf especially for us at closing time.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Susan H
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food created by a master chef at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have been going to Boswell's restauraunt on a regular basis for the last five months. The food is fantastic. Chef Boswell buys locally and the food is fresh. The staff is friendly and helpful. From my experience this is the best restaurant in the area. Check out their new website.

Bob Brown

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank bobb2424
“Great food, burgers, pastas, salads best in the area!”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Went to olive garden over the weekend and it was ok. Ate here during the week an had the same dish... Wow now that's what I call a Alfredo sauce, then tasted his chicken parm won't be going to olive garden to wait an hour when I have this in my backyard.

2 Thank phil802