“Excellent Adult Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Holland
Lancaster / New Holland KOA
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Excellent Adult Campground”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I have stayed here for several years. We try to camp here in the Spring and the Fall. The owners have always been accommodating and friendly. They don't tolerate barking dogs or unnecessary noise afterhours. The scenery to great overlooking the valley and the Amish atmosphere continues to bring us back! We stay in a 37-foot fifth wheel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Bonnie & Bob run a tight ship, but I must say the campground had wonderful views, nice clean bathrooms. Very quiet! Not much for the kids, but plenty of area for them to play ball or ride bikes. The views just make it a wonderful place to stay. Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 23 October 2013

First, let me share the good. The campground is quite beautiful. It is in a lovely area of the countryside and if you pay for the view sites they won't disappoint. We were in the wooded section and the site was nice and private. We didn't have the views but it was a good spot.

We are in the midst of traveling for a year as a family and have been to many different campgrounds in our journey across the country. As such we realize things don't always go as planned, but when mistakes are made they are easily fixed. I wish that were the case for our stay at Country Haven.

Though the details aren't important, there was an error made in the input for the age of our children causing us to be charged for one when they both should have been free. We are used to paying for our girls as many places do charge for kids of any age. That is not the issue. The principle of staying with the erroneous charge even after the error was pointed out is my issue. Though not a huge amount it did add up to a night's stay. When I asked about it on the bill, the owner asked me the age of my kids. 12 and 8. "Well it says 13 in the record so we are just going to go with that" was his response.

Initially, I was just going to let it go. But the attitude of knowing the information was wrong and still feeling right about charging me bothered me. When I called to speak to his wife, she accused me of telling her the wrong age of my kids when I checked in and because I was to blame she wouldn't reverse the charge. To me there is a better way of handling customer service. During my checkin she quite rudely shushed me as I asked a question about the area. She was trying to make sure my information was input correctly. Not only was she rude to a paying customer, but she got the information wrong. There was also an issue with the group checking in before me where she was rude and uptight with them and unmoving in her willingness to correct a billing issue. Instead she told the people to work it out amongst themselves.

After my phone call having been accused of giving the wrong information and finding only resistance to any rectification, I was quite upset. I stepped out of my camper and let the trees know that I was frustrated and angry. I did disturb the quiet atmosphere of the campground and take full responsibility for my actions. Perhaps it was my outburst (mind you no words or profanity) or my parting comment on the phone (I was calm on the phone) that I would write a poor review that brought Bob down to our site willing to adjust the charges and refund us for the final days of our stay because he was giving us a courtesy hour to leave the premises.

Yes we were kicked out. And we were only too happy to leave. The attitude that it should have been our privilege to stay there was quite unwelcoming. I share the blame for all that occurred. I trust and hope others have a better experience with the owners. The season is almost over and perhaps they will return next year refreshed and willing to show more humility and patience with their guests. In the end I can only hope we both learned a valuable lesson.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank Scott S
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Had been wanting to stay at this campground for a while and we are glad we did. Quiet campground with an outstanding view of the country side. The campground is up on a hill and sites look out over a valley of local farms. The owners run a top notch camp with great amenities.
Bathrooms and showers were very clean and in good working order. Sites are large enough for big rigs and are on different levels giving all a great view. Give Country Haven a try when in the Amish country.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CDEW
Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have been on the road for over two months and this is by far the nicest campground yet. It lives up to it's name of "The Quiet One" The view is spectacular and the grounds and bath house are immaculate. It is close to most things, yet far enough away to be restful. The owners are personable and well informed with the area and able to give great suggestions and directions. We will definitely be returning .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have been coming to this campground for years and have found no better. The "night sounds" you hear are not horns and sirens, just the sound of horses and crickets. The grounds are well cared for, clean, well laid out and all sites are level.
There are rules, which are necessary for the enjoyment of all who come to relax for a few days or overnight. After all, a civilization is held together by laws.
The view is awesome, you are surrounded by lovely Amish farms, and yet not far from great places to shop and eat. We have traveled all over the U.S. and have not found a more relaxing campground . We found the owners to be friendly and helpful if you need anything. So "keep up the good work, Bonnie and Bob. We travel 5 hours to get there, so, give it a try.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Wonderful Place to Camp, the View, the Quiet, ... just doesn't get any Better.
Have been Camping (travel trailer) here for six years ... do the owners have Rules, you bet they do (thankfully) which makes it so much more Enjoyable for all us Campers.
Bonnie & Bob run a first rate Campground, they are hard working, pleasant people.
We try to get there at least six or seven times a season and have loved each and every time.
If you are looking for a quiet, pleasant get away in the heart of Amish Country then Country Haven is the place to go. Connie & Paul Pudelka

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Country Squire Motor Inn
Country Squire Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in New Holland
Harvest Moon Bed and Breakfast

Been to Lancaster / New Holland KOA? Share your experiences!