Logan Inn
US$133
Main Street Inn(Doylestown)
US$122
Travelocity
All reviewsoutdoor barcalamarihistoric buildingmy husband and ithird floorbucks county playhousefilet mignonpeople watchingperfect locationcrab cakesmain streetmiddle of townhard boiled eggswalked everywherenight staycontinental breakfastair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Let me preface this by saying that we have stayed at Logan Inn several times before. This last visit was a the Monday between Christmas and New Years and the hotel only had a few guests, which we could tell from the cars in the parking lot. At about 12 midnight we were woke up by loud banging, which turned out to be a lose shutter, which was 2 feet from the side of the bed, which banged back and forth over the window and back to the side of the building. It continued all night and we sat up in bed with the light on and left at 6Am and went home to sleep for the day.There is no one at the front desk over night to complain to. I called the next day to complain and I was told I had to speak to Maggie who was not in, but she would leave a message for her to call me. I didn't hear from her so I called her back and she was extremely rude and wouldn't even let me explain. She told me that she would have to check with the other guests to see if they had a complaint!? I explained that it was just my husband and I in the room with the problem. I told her that I understood the wind could not be controlled but that the building could be better maintained and that really angered her. We received an email about a week later offering us a $50 certificate to be used on a future visit. I decided to dispute the charge with my credit card, which they did remove after evaluating the situation.
Do your self a big favor and take the short walk over the bridge to the Inn at Lambertville Station. We have stayed there over 100 times and NEVER had a SINGLE complaint. They have 24 hour front desk service, which we never realized was important.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JerseyGirl205
Reviewed 28 January 2010

This was hands down the creepiest place I have ever been to. All you hear is how haunted it is and how the ghosts play tricks on you. Frankly, I couldn't sleep!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Okay so I am a HUGE New Hope fan and have spent quite a few weekends there. I was so excited to go this time, really needed to unload some work stress. We arrived on a Sunday night and everything went smooth as far as parking and checking in. We ate at the Logan Inn restaurant and the food was excellent, pricey but good quality. After a day of shopping we returned to the room and found it to be smaller then expected since it was the "delux" suite, and we were also disappointed thet there was no refrigerator to store our doggie bag in. Anyway our issue started in the morning. I used the toilet bowl, flushed, and turned to the shower. My boyfriend started banging on the door, and to my surprise I saw the toilet flooding rapidly. I opened the door, he came in to try to inspect the situation and in seconds the toilet water had soaked evrything and reached as far as our suitcase. We called the front desk repeatedly, no one would answer. finally he lifted the top of the toilet and shut the water off. At this point ALL of our clothes and bags were soaked in dirty toilet water. We had to pack all our wet clothes in large garbage bags and ran downstairs to the manager Maggie to resolve the issue. At this point we are unshowered, freaked out, and dragging bags of clothes. She wasnt very apologetic, and said to just unpack our clothes and shower in another room. I explained that I was too upset to remain in the hotel for another minute and she kept insisting it must have been our fault "for using too much toilet paper"! I explained to maggie that my designer, newly purchased, $300 swaeter was one item among the many ruined clothes. She offered me a $25 refund as a "laundry fee" and sent me on my way. I will NEVER return to this establishment again! I can not believe I spent $200 for a room and $100 on dinner, approached her politely, and was still treated in such a terrible manner. I even called to follow up and explain the sweater was ruined and she reapeated once again that the $25 refund was sufficient. I went on this trip to get away and relax and I left more aggrivated then anything. I can't believe I spent $300 on a one day trip and left with a headache and ruined clothes. Maggie had explained she is the ONLY manager, and has been there for 25 years, I find it hard to believe they lasted this long with such terrible customer service policies. There are so many amazing hotels and B&Bs to choose from - I would not suggest this one. There are limited amentities, rude and inconsiderate managment staff, and unreasonable prices.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pinkneve
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We booked this sight-unseen and were surprised that we were in the heart of New Hope in a delightful inn with a great restaurant. There is no better location in New Hope, along Main Street in the center of the village. Walk anywhere from here. The bridge to Lambertville in New Jersey is a block away.
Our room was great, with a four-poster bed and nice antique furnishings. Very much an inn ambiance, which is a good thing! Staff was very friendly and accomodating.
The restaurant is open air (with an awning) and one of the best places to watch the passing scene on Main Street. The food is good and the wait staff friendly and attentive. We ate here our first night.
We had come to bike on the canal trail and were surprised and delighted to find the trail at the back edge of the Inn's parking lot. We could hop on the trail and go down-river to Washington's Crossing or up to Centerbridge. Our impression is that the town has not quite figured out how to accomodate bikers. We had to stop a biker on the street to get some directions. The visitor's center in town was un prepared with maps, although the woman at the desk tried to be helpful. We'd recommend that the Inn could cater to bikers with just a little bit of extra effort, maps, signage in the parking lot (we found the trail by accident), a bike rack for guests, etc. It's a great place of departure for riding the canal trails.
If you stay at the Inn, don't miss Lambertville accross the river in New Jersey. Nice town, restaurants and the bike trail and canal are much better maintained in NJ :-) than in PA :-(. You can do loops along the PA or NJ sides, cross over at bridges at Center Bridge, New Hope or Washington's Crossing and return to where you started. The New Hope to Center Bridge loop is seven miles and the New Hope to Washington's Crossing loop is about 14 miles.
Martha Brown's (yes, it's in a church) next to the Inn has good Creole food (best gumbo I've had outside of New Orleans). Across the river in Lambertville, the Lambertville Station Pub, just a half block from the end of the bridge, is a great place for lunch or a cocktail. The deck along the railroad tracks (no trains that we saw!) was a great place to replenish fluids and electrolytes after a 25 mile bike ride! We debated the restorative properties of Gatorade vs. beer and beer won.
All in all, if you are planning a trip to the New Hope area, you cannot go wrong with the Logan Inn.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Logan Inn is a pleasant and breath of fresh air sanctuary. The place gives you a feeling of nostalgia and a sense of comfort even if you're far away from home. I also loved and enjoyed their food.

Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family