“Not much bang for the buck”
Review of Logan Inn

Logan Inn
Ranked #7 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Vernon, Connecticut
“Not much bang for the buck”
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Great town New Hope, PA but the Logan Inn's accomodations left us wondering why we spent so much to stay there. The bed was very uncomfortable, the a/c would not stay on throughout the night so we were hot and cold throughout the night, the bath towels were like sandpaper! They have a nice restaurant but no room service? The location is great but the accomodations were lacking very much for the fee they charge.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank traveling-bookkeeper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2010

The Logan Inn is my most favorite restaurant in Pennsylvania! When I have special clients I really want to impress or visiting international clients to entertain, I always take them to The Logan. There is nothing more impressive than the overwhelming service and personal attention you get from the minute you walk in the door to the time you leave, you always feel like you are family whether it is your first or tenth time there. Our clients continuously have this feeling and enjoy coming back, requesting reservations to The Logan on return trips. Clients love the traditional atmosphere and learning about the fascinating colonial history but it is the special touches from the Manager, Maggie, who goes out of her way to ensure a wonderful dining experience. They also bring in wonderful musicians who know how to liven up a crowd! It is great to sit on the patio and take in all the sites while relaxing and having an enjoyable meal. The food is top notch and the service is impeccable, I have never had a bad meal there. The accommodations are very unique and wonderful. If you cannot tell by now, I would highly recommend The Logan Inn to all, I think it is a wonderful place!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Andover ,nj
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Other than the bed not being that comfy...this Inn was great! I highly suggest the restaurant downstairs. Eggplant was melt in your mouth amazing! Drinks were perfect. Stayed in room 6..known as Emily's room...no activity. All in all...great experience! Wouls stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 May 2010

we were married at the logan inn on valentine's day and we had an amazing stay. not once did anyone ever say no, the staff went out of their way to make sure we had whatever we wanted. all of the staff from the managers to the servers to the bartenders did everything they could to make our stay wonderful. great food, lodging, and we made a lot of new friends and celebrated with our friends and family. recommended for anyone looking for a romantic time.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hellohello31
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2010

We stayed at the Logan Inn a few weekends ago and had a magnificent time. My husband and I were looking to get away for a weekend and it looks like we found the perfect place! The women at the front desk were very helpful from the start. We had many questions about the area and they were able to help us thoroughly. The room was so beautiful, very clean and comfortable. It was nice to see that there was a great mixture of historic elegance with modern conveniences - HD TV with HBO and wireless internet at no charge. After spending the night enjoying music at the bar, we decided to stay at the Logan Inn for breakfast the next morning. The Eggs Benedict was out of this world, as well as the Greek Omelet! We have already booked our return visit for the fall!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
chefgrl059
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Unfortunately, as with the other patrons- I found this establishment to have gone downhill. Especially, as the other reviews stated- the manager in particular has no sense of customer worth. They refused to refund our money after we canceled within 20 minutes of our reservation due to my husbands illness. We made a reservation on Memorial Day weekend ( it was a ghost town) from a restaurant in Lambertville, spur of the moment- while we were finishing up our dinner. My husband became ill and we decided to walk over and cancel our reservations in person- the reservations we JUST made- but the next day the manager- Maggie stated that we would be billed for the room !!! She was so rude and ignorant- it was incomprehensible to me that a manager would treat customers who have been frequenting this area for YEARS with disrespect and vile behavior. I will not go back nor do I recommend this establishment to friends or family due to the ill nature of the manager.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank chefgrl059
Milltown, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Let me preface this by saying that we have stayed at Logan Inn several times before. This last visit was a the Monday between Christmas and New Years and the hotel only had a few guests, which we could tell from the cars in the parking lot. At about 12 midnight we were woke up by loud banging, which turned out to be a lose shutter, which was 2 feet from the side of the bed, which banged back and forth over the window and back to the side of the building. It continued all night and we sat up in bed with the light on and left at 6Am and went home to sleep for the day.There is no one at the front desk over night to complain to. I called the next day to complain and I was told I had to speak to Maggie who was not in, but she would leave a message for her to call me. I didn't hear from her so I called her back and she was extremely rude and wouldn't even let me explain. She told me that she would have to check with the other guests to see if they had a complaint!? I explained that it was just my husband and I in the room with the problem. I told her that I understood the wind could not be controlled but that the building could be better maintained and that really angered her. We received an email about a week later offering us a $50 certificate to be used on a future visit. I decided to dispute the charge with my credit card, which they did remove after evaluating the situation.
Do your self a big favor and take the short walk over the bridge to the Inn at Lambertville Station. We have stayed there over 100 times and NEVER had a SINGLE complaint. They have 24 hour front desk service, which we never realized was important.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
The Brick Hotel
The Brick Hotel
#3 of 3 in Newtown
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to Logan Inn? Share your experiences!