“A Great Place with a Great hostess!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2008

The Wedgewood Inn is a beautiful Bed + Breakfest about a block or two from New Hope's "main drag".

We stayed in the Manchester Room - a spacious, stylish room with jacuzzi and fireplace!

The property not only had ample free parking and was beautifully landscaped, but it included tables & chairs, a gazebo, and even a hammock.

But, best of all, was co-owners' Dinie 's and Carl's warmth and friendliness. No matter how busy they were, they always took pains to insure we enjoyed our stay, and gave us plenty of info about the local goings-on.

We never saw them without a generous smile on their faces - we felt like we'd inherited an aunt and uncle!

Their staff, too, was kind, courteous, helpful, and friendly.

This is a terrific place to stay!

1  Thank captainbrooklyn

Reviewed 27 May 2008

I wanted to visit New Hope PA for the weekend and found the Wedgwood on the internet..reviews seemed fairly good, and it was pretty close to Main St, so thought I’ll give it a shot..I’m not overly hard to please when it comes to a place to stay. So I called and reserved a room for two nights. I’m not much on getting details, so after I reserved the room my girlfriend called to find out some more information about the place. She told me the woman who answered the phone was very rude to her, and exclaimed that she had told me everything we needed to know when I called earlier –hardly true—and acted like she did not want to be on the phone. So we drove up to New Hope, and arrived and were greeted by obviously the same woman my girlfriend had spoke to, who though not entirely rude, was rather curt, and concise, and not at all what one would describe as emanating a friendly welcoming vibe. Just as well she was concise because I did not want to be around her any longer than need be. She led us up a maze of stairs to our room. Along the way I could see some of the rooms looked very nice with nice furniture and beds. We were led to “The Hideaway” which is really a romantic synonym for “We turned a tiny attic space into a inferior, awkard, uncomfortable unit we can squeeze another $137.50 a night out of this building” Aside from my girlfriend banging her head upon the dwarf friendly 5ft high roofline overhang you have to navigate just to get in the room, upon seeing the room I was very unimpressed to say the least. The carpeting was a multi stained solid beige, there was no phone, no closet space, the TV was a little 14in screen like I had when I was 12, the furniture was 1990s era Walmart garage sale leftovers that were obviously sourced to be able to put SOMETHING in the room so it could be rented when the others were full. I kind of let the disappointment go ..and figured “heck it is a place to sleep at least” My tolerance for the room’s inadequacy pretty much ended when I decided I needed a shower. The shower was ridiculous! It was barely big enough to stand in. Because it was an attic turned into a room, the roof line cut across the shower ceiling and was very easy to bang your head against if your over 5ft tall, so you kind of have to awkwardly lean away from the wall while in the shower. The shower head was about chin height ..keep in mind I’m a normal sized human at 5ft 10in. Weak shower pressure and a long wait for hot water to top off the experience. The bed was really poor too, it was a thin mattress with no box spring on a squeaky metal frame –not antique--, I have some minor back issues and could barely walk by the end of our stay. On our way out after the first night, Dinie caught us to say hi, and asked if we wanted breakfast brought up to the room –which was good--. To be fair, she seemed VERY nice. I was in my car going out for the day, and didn’t want to have a conversation about the room at that moment. At the end of our stay, I just wanted to go home ..having spent as little time in the room as possible, with a now achy back, and facing a long drive home. Carl caught us on the way out to settle up –though I thought they had already run the full charge on my credit card, they had only charged the 1st night— so I went in to settle up. I gave him my credit card to run again, and he asked me “do you want me to add a tip for our wait staff on the charge?” I said “No.” He looked at me quizzically and replied “What, you don’t tip?” It was at that point I explained we did not enjoy the room at all, and the one woman who worked for him was rude to my girlfriend. I normally tip rather well ..but to be honest I would have much rather stayed in a Motel 6 than the room I got and just couldn’t see paying a penny more than I was obligated to for the experience. Carl told me it was formerly the servants quarters and they usually warn guests about the height issues. So after that awkward moment. He went and ran the charge, and thanked me for the feedback. Once again to be fair the “normal rooms” looked pretty nice, but beware “The Hideaway” ..if that’s all you can get..go to a Holliday Inn, you’ll like it a lot more.

1  Thank mws3325
Reviewed 13 May 2008

My wife and I have traveled all continents of the world and my favorite B&B is the Wedgewood Inn (and its sister Aaron Burr Inn both owned and operated by Carl and Dinie Glassman). The Aaron Burr is about a half block from the Wedgewood. Both Inns are right in the center of New Hope and a short walk to most of its main attractions. In each of the past 5 years, I have traveled from Minnesota to the New Hope area to observe all the azaleas and flowering trees in full bloom in historic and beautiful Bucks County PA. All of the rooms are very clean, tastefully furnished, and have comfortable mattresses. The breakfasts are also exceptional with a large bowl of fruit, freshly baked rolls, muffins and croissants, and quiche. The Glassman's are "hands on" proprietors and go out their way to assist you whenever you need it. The landscaping and flower beds at the Wedgewood (the product of Dinie's efforts) are delightful and offer several areas where you can sit and relax while planning your day ahead. If you are planning a trip to Bucks County, these B&Bs are a "don't miss" and I recommend that you make your reservation well in advance to guarantee the opportunity to stay there.

1  Thank Richard031
Reviewed 7 May 2008

We loved our room....Very romantic. There was a balcony off the room, fireplace and jacuzzi right in the room, spacious and it was all VERY, VERY CLEAN!!!! The owners, Dinie and Carl, go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. The house also had a very historical and interesting backround.
We had a phenomenal stay!

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank Ann70Nj
Reviewed 9 April 2008

My husband & I had a fabulous time at The Wedgwood Inn. Innkeepers, Carl & Dinie ,were the most gracious hosts and the town of New Hope is simply charming! I highly recommend the seminar for future innkeepers. Carl is a tremendous history buff!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kitkatSouthJersey
Reviewed 24 February 2008

We travel the world extensively, yet we have kept returning for three decades to a place only 100 minutes from our home. What attracts globe-trotters to a nearby collection of B&Bs, and what keeps them coming back for so many years? The unique offerings of the Wedgwood Collection of Inns include (1) a quiet setting just steps away from a bustling town filled with boutiques, crafts, antiques, and a wide choice of delightful restaurants; (2) tastefully appointed and beautifully decorated rooms offering both comfort and coziness in a variety of styles; (3) wonderful breakfasts with freshly-baked rolls and muffins and croissants served in a bright and cheerful setting; (4) a rich, relaxing, and satisfying "high tea" every afternoon; (5) a little carafe of amaretto liqueur concocted from a secret recipe and placed at the bedside with chocolate mints every evening; (6) a folder of menus from dozens of local restaurants for perusal in the sitting rooms; (7) an upscale yet friendly and informal clientele with whom it is easy to strike up conversation and yet equally easy to ignore without offense; (8) a pair of innkeepers and their staff who are as warm and easy-going as family and yet as efficient and sophisticated as Relais & Chateaux managers; (9) invaluable cooperation in recommending and even reserving restaurants either during your stay or in advance; and (10) all this at eminently reasonable all-inclusive prices.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FinickyTravelers
Reviewed 21 February 2008

My husband and I stayed for a weekend and could not have had a better time. We have stayed at other B&B with horrible experiences but the Wedgwood changed my mind. Everything from the staff to the decor was wonderful. We have recommended it to our friends and can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: January 2008
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope

Been to New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!