“Whimsical atmosphere and great food”

Blue Moose Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an intimate BYOB in the heart of New Hope, Pa. We offer locally sourced and creative New American cuisine!
nj
“Whimsical atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Took a friend a mine out for her birthday dinner and picked this place due to a recommendation. My friend who recommended this place did not steer me wrong. We had a difficult task of choosing a meal. We ended up having the crab meat due to the waiters recommendation. Very good meal! lots of crabmeat with avocado and some mashed potatoes underneath. For desert we had a warm brownie with cherries that were soaked in port wine along with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the side. I thought I died and went to Heaven.

New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We heard it was hard to get reservations, but managed to get in last minute. We thought the food was good. We had nachos, fried tomatoes, asparagus salad, fish and chips and NY sirloin...I can't say I wouldn't order any of the items again. It is one of the more reasonably priced restaurants in New Hope and the food is worth it...Take it from a local.

New Jersey
“Adorable Place, Great Food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I should be hesitant to write a great review. 1) because they are already rated so highly, they don't need my good review and 2) because supposedly they are already hard to get into. (and I definitely want to go back) BUT, I must say I REALLY liked this place!
A small, funky, charming space. Yes, space is tight (upstairs and downstairs), with seating for about 40 people but you really don't mind. Food took a little time to get to our tables but again, we didn't mind. A lot of the patrons that day were heading to the theater and they were trying to accommodate them. Staff was sweet, friendly and apologetic for any wait. Food was excellent, cool menu. Great burgers, interesting salads and the sweet potato pancakes were so unusual and yummy. Burgers come with fries or chips...choose the chips, they taste like handmade. Lots of other interesting entrees and appetizers. All six of us liked everything we ordered. Prices are very reasonable and the story of how they came to be is enchanting. We were very impressed with these young people. BYOB

New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

As a local, I've dined at the Cafe Blue Moose many times. Each time the fixed price menu (two different prices depending on whether you order two or three course) offered many tempting choices. I haven't sampled the entire menu yet, but I do recommend the Signature Salad (mixed greens, feta or goat cheese, candied nuts) surrounded by cucumber strips; the salmon and filet mignon (both entrees fixed different ways, depending on the night you visit). Also, friends rave about the braised pork shank. All the desserts are homemade and superb, but I particularly am addicted to Moose Tracks, an elegant icebox cake made with homemade chocolate wafers and an "icing" of whipped cream flavored with sherry. Reservations are crucial, as Cafe Blue Moose is very popular with both visitors to New Hope and the locals. I usually book a week ahead. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I just wish it were easier to get in”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

All the more remarkable because the chef-owner is in his early 20s and much of the wait staff can't legally open a (BYO) bottle of wine, service and food at Blue Moose are really good. The seasonally-focused menu has been honed to a manageable list of interesting and well prepared items, and only the tight space and resulting difficulty getting reservations detract from the experience.

• Visited December 2013