New Hope Lodge
  • Breakfast included
Logan Inn(New Hope)
Mansion Inn(New Hope)
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed there recently with my sister. We met up in New Hope for a quick minute and I found the Lodge online. It was definitely rustic. When we arrived, the heat was off in the room and it was freezing.

I had to search to find out that you have to check in at their sister motel across and down the street. It would have been helpful if I'd have been told about this at booking.

The cost was surprisingly low for this area so I really wasn't disturbed by the lack of hotel conveniences.

There is a bar onsite that was fun to hang out in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PittsburghDmm
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Otherwise... dated rooms that smell strongly of cedar and/or mothballs. Cheap, uncomfortable pillows, a sheet and a thin bedspread that didn't keep me warm enough (no extra blanket in the closet). There's no reception desk - you cross a busy street to check in at the bar across the street (not kidding). If you need something in the middle of the night (like a blanket), there's no where to go and no one to call. I gave it 3 stars because I was with friends and they seemed to have slightly nicer rooms than me. I understand that this may be "what is is" - a no-frills place to crash, but then the price should have been a lot lower!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 680Vanessa
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This place is a mess. The Lodge's reception was closed indefinitely when I arrived. A sign told me to report at the neighboring sister lodge, the Raven, in order to check in. But then I couldn't check in until after 5pm, 2 hours after I was promised a room. And that was only after I stomped my feet and made a scene. "Sorry" and an "upgrade" at the Raven didn't make me feel better. When I realized that something as simple as an extra towel has to be called over from the Raven across the street, did I realized that I had made a mistake booking here and that this place was run according to the makeshift-plus-sorry-equals-acceptable philosophy. Yes, this intact 50s motel gem is like being transported back into a Hitchcockean past but the promise of time-travel doesn't mean that you should have to put up with lousy hospitality. Not coming back, guys, sorry.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank real70angst
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay if your going to the new hope area. Lodge setting with very clean comfortable rooms. Very spacious and located across street from the raven which offers a great dinner menu. U can head to the cub room on the property for a drink or go across the street to the bar and night club. U can drink and no worries about driving. So you can feel free to enjoy yourself. The room itself was very clean and loved the lush green tree setting. Will def return.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank dontastical
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My girlfriend and I came here for Pride weekend and wanted to stay somewhere inexpensive, but nice enough and clean. We love how close it is to The Raven and that we can attend events there without an issue. We like how there is an area to sit outside of our room.

The only things we didn't like were the smell when we walk into the room but we think it's just from the fact that the room is a cabin, there was dirt in the tub and when we got into the shower, it washed down so maybe the housekeeping doesn't rinse the tub every time? That would be something they should be doing every time ! Also, the parking is a little annoying

Other than that, we will be coming back next year !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple