“Buyer beware”
Review of New Hope Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
New Hope Lodge
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This establishment is right across the street from the Raven a well known gay bar. It is owned by the same. If the gay bar scene is not to your taste, you will not be able to change your mind. As a person traveling will sometimes book rooms site unseen. make no mistake, the owners will not allow you to change your mind. We were expecting a rustic lodge along the lines of a state park. As advertised on the internet this lodge resembled this. I believe the closeness to the party crowd should be made clear!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Zukie50
There are newer reviews for New Hope Lodge

Reviewed 6 May 2014

this is across the street from the Raven and a stone throw away up the hill.
Rooms are very clean and kept comfortable.
They have a little bar called the Cub Room with an adjacent pool.
The bar has a really nice room that you could have a nice sized party for most any occasion.
Give it try!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Nice Room slightly dated. But Nice and clean. Bathrooms a little small. Not there fault older property. My wife is 6 ft. Made a lot of attempts and updating and improving. Manager Billy the manager was very nice. We will be back again!

Tom & Tabitha Crabtree

Trexlertown Pa

Room Tip: We Love This place!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My sister and I met here to celebrate our birthdays. New Hope Lodge gave us a place to call home for a long weekend. It is comfortable, clean and homey. While cookie cutter hotel rooms serve a purpose, the retro accommodations felt warm and comfy at the end of a fun day of shopping and visiting the local wineries. I would suggest New Hope Lodge to anyone who wants to spend time in the New Hope area.
The sign at the lodge instructing you to check in at The Raven across the street was not big enough and could include where at The Raven to check in . There did not seem to be an obvious main entrance to The Raven. Our room was exceptional for comfort and cleanliness my average Service rating is for the check in process.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Even though the website said all the rooms were renovated, they weren't-- the room we stayed in ( rm #5) was awful. It smelled like mildew and it was very dark and dingy. We asked for another room, but we were told there was no other vacancies. Had we not prepaid in full, we would have left. I don't recommend this place at all. Stay somewhere else-- there are nicer places closer to town.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms that have 2 queen beds and wood floors-- suppose to be nice--
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Toni x
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed there recently with my sister. We met up in New Hope for a quick minute and I found the Lodge online. It was definitely rustic. When we arrived, the heat was off in the room and it was freezing.

I had to search to find out that you have to check in at their sister motel across and down the street. It would have been helpful if I'd have been told about this at booking.

The cost was surprisingly low for this area so I really wasn't disturbed by the lack of hotel conveniences.

There is a bar onsite that was fun to hang out in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PittsburghDmm
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Otherwise... dated rooms that smell strongly of cedar and/or mothballs. Cheap, uncomfortable pillows, a sheet and a thin bedspread that didn't keep me warm enough (no extra blanket in the closet). There's no reception desk - you cross a busy street to check in at the bar across the street (not kidding). If you need something in the middle of the night (like a blanket), there's no where to go and no one to call. I gave it 3 stars because I was with friends and they seemed to have slightly nicer rooms than me. I understand that this may be "what is is" - a no-frills place to crash, but then the price should have been a lot lower!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
#3 of 3 in Newtown
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope

Been to New Hope Lodge? Share your experiences!