“Only the Weather Could Have Been Better...”
Review of Nikolas

Nikolas
Ranked #38 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Price range: US$20 - US$65
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nikolas at the Logan Inn is located in the heart of downtown New Hope, serving vibrant Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The restaurant takes American fare like steak and lobster and infuses them with Mediterranean flavors and spirit. The menu draws inspiration from throughout the region including Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey, while focusing on fresh seafood and prime meats. Whole fish, octopus, lamb and Kobe steaks are just a few of the outstanding items offered at Nikolas. The team at Nikolas aims to provide a warm and inviting dining experience with exceptional and unique food, personalized hospitality and professional service in a beautiful setting. We invite you to join us at Nikolas and allow us the opportunity to share our passion for delicious food, great wine and thoughtful hospitality.
“Only the Weather Could Have Been Better...”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Nikolas (I believe there is an accent over the second syllable) is on the main road in New Hope running parallel to the river - south of the bridge. It's the big al fresco eatery (?) that's slightly elevated above the street. As the cliche goes, you can't miss it.

New Hope has lots of restaurants and there seems to be one for every taste and budget. Nikolas strikes a balance between extremes while not being bland. For example, they have linen napkins but they aren't stuffy. They serve good basic food but it's a lot nicer than a chain without being pretentious. They have a nice selection of beers and the servers seem knowledgable.

The prices are very, very reasonable - particularly for the high quality of food and service.

To be fair, I was in the only party being served at the time. I can't really comment on the quality of the service. What I got was perfection: attentive and friendly but not intrusive.

Overall, an excellent choice in a town with a lot of options. The french fries - whatever they call them there - really hit the spot!

As for the weather - it was really humid but the servers greeted us IMMEDIATELY with tall glasses of ice water with lemon.

“Poor service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

In our party was a group of six. We were seated pretty quickly by a nice hostess. But just like a lot of the reviews the service wasn't great especially for the amount we spent on the bill $250. Someone in our party ordered a beer off the menu. The waiter came back to tell us they longer have that beer. We also had to grab other staff to get us more water and bread. We also let them know that the sprite was bad and it took about 30 mins for another one. Took about 15 20 for salads about 30 mins for dinner to be served. Dinner comes everything was just average but the 2 people who ordered a steak said it was very good. When dinner was served the waiter was asked for a glass of wine. 10 mins later no wine but many working there just standing around. Finally we say something about the wine and our server blames another person who works there. It does finally come out about 15 mins after it's ordered. Check comes it's paid by charge literally as I'm putting the pen down he says let me take that but I wasn't done. I wanted to leave a tip in cash so the waiter stood there while I counted the tip money. I was getting the feeling he was watching me to see how much I left as a tip. It was very uncomfortable having him watch me. I wouln't eat there again but I would possibly try the bar area.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pagrl
winchester, va
“Nice patio, good food”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely patio dining in New Hope. Cool and refreshing on a hot day with lots if plants landscaping it. We had a great lunch - good fresh homemade food. The service was good too.

Florham Park, New Jersey
“Father's Day”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Yesterday I surprised my husband with brunch at Nikolas. Our entire experience couldn't have been more amazing. From the moment we arrived at the Logan Inn the staff was amazing. We found our table to be in a perfect place outside and met our server. Knowledgeable and friendly. Cocktails were prepared and served beautifully. Our meals were beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. We are very fussy about our coffee and espresso & there was no need to worry about either. Espresso served with just the right amount of foam and the coffee, my husband had 3 cups :0). We had no problem with the cost factor ( friendly staff, professional staff, great cocktails, excellent food, who would complain) and alooking forward to a return visit.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice atmosphere ruined by horrific service”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

While the atmosphere at nickola's was beautiful right in the center of new hope, I was thoroughly disappointed by our inadequate waitress, and the manager who seemed to care EVEN LESS about the quality of our dining experience. The meat on my gyro could not have been drier, and i could barely choke it down. I tried talking to at least four different people about the quite frankly disgusting gyro in front of me, but it was to no avail. The bus girl referred me to the waitress, the waitress referred me to the manager, the manager referred me back to the waitress, and alas, the bus girl brought me the bill after not hearing from any responsible party. Nothing was done to rectify the dry pork and tasiki deprived gyro. They merely slapped the bill on the table, and apathetically sent me on my way. I can't decide what I'm more disgusted with: nickola's service, or its food. I will not be coming back again, and I hope you don't either.

• Visited June 2014