“THE SERVERS NEED TRAINING!!!”
Review of Nikolas

Nikolas
Ranked #40 of 91 Restaurants in New Hope
Price range: US$20 - US$65
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nikolas at the Logan Inn is located in the heart of downtown New Hope, serving vibrant Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The restaurant takes American fare like steak and lobster and infuses them with Mediterranean flavors and spirit. The menu draws inspiration from throughout the region including Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey, while focusing on fresh seafood and prime meats. Whole fish, octopus, lamb and Kobe steaks are just a few of the outstanding items offered at Nikolas. The team at Nikolas aims to provide a warm and inviting dining experience with exceptional and unique food, personalized hospitality and professional service in a beautiful setting. We invite you to join us at Nikolas and allow us the opportunity to share our passion for delicious food, great wine and thoughtful hospitality.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had the prix fixed dinner; a (4) course meal.
For starters, my husband had the grilled octopus & I had the snapper soup.
Delish!
Then, I had the mesculun salad & my hubby had the beet salad.
Yummy!
Then, I had the filet mignon & my hubby had the surf & turf.
The lobster tail was minuscule; two bites & it was gone.
And, the meat lacked flavor; we've had better.
For dessert, I had a trio of gelato & my hubby had the tiramisu.
Umm, umm, good!

Our main entrees were nothing to write home about.
And, the service needs improvement.

1  Thank mtaylorp
There are newer reviews for Nikolas

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Loved the New Hope area, was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant has a great outdoor setting for people watching and eating. We were there for lunch and it seemed a little pricey, but it is a resort community. Food options were tasty. I had the octopus and my wife had a spicy shrimp salad dish. Service was fine and the hostess seemed to go out of her way to find us the table we wanted.
Not related to this restaurant, but I was very surprised that there weren't more restaurants on the river. I only recall one, and it looked like more of a burger/beer place. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Nikolas (I believe there is an accent over the second syllable) is on the main road in New Hope running parallel to the river - south of the bridge. It's the big al fresco eatery (?) that's slightly elevated above the street. As the cliche goes, you can't miss it.

New Hope has lots of restaurants and there seems to be one for every taste and budget. Nikolas strikes a balance between extremes while not being bland. For example, they have linen napkins but they aren't stuffy. They serve good basic food but it's a lot nicer than a chain without being pretentious. They have a nice selection of beers and the servers seem knowledgable.

The prices are very, very reasonable - particularly for the high quality of food and service.

To be fair, I was in the only party being served at the time. I can't really comment on the quality of the service. What I got was perfection: attentive and friendly but not intrusive.

Overall, an excellent choice in a town with a lot of options. The french fries - whatever they call them there - really hit the spot!

As for the weather - it was really humid but the servers greeted us IMMEDIATELY with tall glasses of ice water with lemon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

In our party was a group of six. We were seated pretty quickly by a nice hostess. But just like a lot of the reviews the service wasn't great especially for the amount we spent on the bill $250. Someone in our party ordered a beer off the menu. The waiter came back to tell us they longer have that beer. We also had to grab other staff to get us more water and bread. We also let them know that the sprite was bad and it took about 30 mins for another one. Took about 15 20 for salads about 30 mins for dinner to be served. Dinner comes everything was just average but the 2 people who ordered a steak said it was very good. When dinner was served the waiter was asked for a glass of wine. 10 mins later no wine but many working there just standing around. Finally we say something about the wine and our server blames another person who works there. It does finally come out about 15 mins after it's ordered. Check comes it's paid by charge literally as I'm putting the pen down he says let me take that but I wasn't done. I wanted to leave a tip in cash so the waiter stood there while I counted the tip money. I was getting the feeling he was watching me to see how much I left as a tip. It was very uncomfortable having him watch me. I wouln't eat there again but I would possibly try the bar area.

1  Thank pagrl
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely patio dining in New Hope. Cool and refreshing on a hot day with lots if plants landscaping it. We had a great lunch - good fresh homemade food. The service was good too.