“Magnificent patio view, rest could be better”
Review of Centre Bridge Inn

Centre Bridge Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Centre Bridge Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Price range: US$29 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Special Occasion Destination
“Magnificent patio view, rest could be better”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

So, Robodoggie and Mrs. went out impromptu on a Thursday eve.

No reservations, showed up and got a perfect table for two at the edge of the deck looking out over the ducks in the canal, a few people fishing in the Delaware river, and the recently repainted iron bridge.

A requested glass of white wine showed up quickly for Mrs. but my beer had to be requested a second time. No sweat.

We wanted something light and requested the tavern menu - no luck. So solly, it's only available in the bar. But Thursday night is lobster night. 1.5 lb critter for $25 with potatoes and some garnish. (unlike the other entrées no salad included because this is a "special"). I had the veggy risotto with poached egg on top for $27. Mine included a salad, which was quite nice - greens, with chèvre, strawberries, and caramelized walnuts. The risotto was also quite nice if a wee bit expensive (IMO). The seasonal veggies within were... zucchini bits. Poached egg was perfect.

I thought the bread was bland and chewy.

When I asked for a second beer, switching brands, I learned that almost all of the large beer list was unavailable. I had lucked out the first time around when I had a Weyerbacher Wit. Of the few beers that were available, my choice was the only micro brew and most were a la Bud Lite.

The waiter was purely perfunctory. Obviously not into his job and didn't seem to be enjoying being there. I understand that it is "work", but little things like sincerity and looking the client in the eye while talking to them are the basics. He said all the right things "How's everything going over here?" but didn't look at us and obviously could care less.

We opted for no dessert.

Bucks County, Pennsylvania
“MILLION DOLLAR DELAWARE RIVER VIEWS, FOOD WAS TERRIBLE”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have been to the CBI a number of times last summer. It is a super place to have a cocktail and overlook the Delaware River. had dinner tonight. Wednesday is an off night in this neck of the woods. had the patio with its great views to ourselves and one other couple. Service was good.
Cocktails got off to a rocky start when they could not make a Vesper (shaken not stirred). Settled for whiskey on the rocks. the view was still good. the menu changed since last year . The choices were not as good. Spouse had salad and tortellini. She had the better meal. I had a wedge salad that was so so. Had crab cakes. THEY WERE AWFUL. MRS PAULS WITH FANCIER DISH. ENTREES START AT $30. NOT WORTH IT
WILL NOT GO BACK

1 Thank LARRYOTTER
New Jersey
“A Pleasant Location for a Romantic Getaway”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I stayed last night at the Centre Bridge Inn. This review is confined to the hotel aspect and not the restaurant as we did not dine there. The Centre Bridge Inn is easy to find along the Delaware River about 3 ½ miles north of New Hope. It is directly across from Stockton, NJ with the bridge to Stockton right next to the inn. Tip: There’s not much around for miles on the PA side, but if you cross over into NJ there is an excellent liquor store and a small food store within walking distance on the pleasant main street there.
We were pleased with the room, which was Room#1. It was comfortable and clean with a clear view of the Delaware River (see attached picture) through two windows and the room and another in the spacious bathroom. It was also reasonably priced. Additionally, there was a wedding going on while we were staying but we were several floors up from the restaurant and never heard a thing.
An added benefit is the inn’s proximity to the Delaware Canal tow path. It literally runs right behind the inn for many miles along the river. If you are a runner or a cyclist or just enjoy a pleasant walk, the tow path is ideal. I enjoyed a long pre-breakfast bike ride on the canal this morning.
Which brings us to the breakfast. A continental breakfast is included and, while not awful, could’ve been better. Plusses included a nice selection of teas and tasty croissants. Minuses included the uncovered cream cheese and the truly terrible bagels. I would’ve thought New Hope was close enough to New York to prevent such bagel-awfulness, but I guess not. These things may have been shaped like bagels, but were awful.
So my advice here is to by all means book it for a romantic weekend in Bucks County but stick to fruit and croissants for breakfast until they switch to a better bagel supplier. And don’t forget to check out the tow path!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing Meal”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had high hopes for this place considering the prices and location, but I was sadly disappointed. The server was friendly enough, but often forgot about us; at two points every glass on our table was empty (water and drinks) and he was nowhere to be found, and it took them a long time to clear plates away when we were done. The food was uninspired and sloppy, and not even close to worth the prices they were charging. I was unimpressed. If you're looking for good food and the same type of view in that area, Black Bass was much better.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ChubbyPumpkin
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Upon arrival our family was seated right away, only a few guests. We waited almost a half hour to get our drinks. The pasta dish actually came out with the other salads so I finished my meal before everyone else started. The food was okay, portions were ridiculously small. When we asked for the check again we waited over a half hour and we were actually the only party left.
Even though this restaurant has a lovely view, we won't be back and would not recommend!

• Visited June 2013