“The perfect place for your wedding reception!”

The Centre Bridge Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Annapolis, Maryland
“The perfect place for your wedding reception!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is THE place for your wedding reception. Look no further if you're getting married and want to give your guests an amazing experience.

I am a very type-A person and I didn't mess around when it came to my wedding plans. I started working with Melissa, the Event Coordinator at the Inn, a year and a half before my wedding and she took the event as seriously as I did. She replied to all of my emails and phone calls, if not immediately, within 24 hours at the latest. She was a true pleasure to work with and our day went on flawlessly because of her hard work.

Jerry and Melissa accommodated my EVERY request without batting an eye (and I had a LOT of requests, many of them could be considered strange). The servers and bartenders are unlike any I've ever met at a wedding reception. They were professional, efficient, friendly, and my guests loved them.

The food is not wedding food. It is restaurant food, and it's cooked to perfection. They were even able to (easily) accommodate vegan guests. At the end of the day, the food was the #1 aspect of the reception that my guests were raving about. My guests who stayed at the inn loved the accommodations and have nothing but good things to say about their rooms. My mom stayed there for 5 days before the wedding and had full access to their newly renovated deck the whole time.

We didn't get married here, however I've seen pictures of weddings here and they are truly breathtaking with the Delaware River in the background. The upstairs patio and downstairs dining room have been renovated this year and they are stunning upgrades to the Inn's historical charm.

I looked all over Bucks County for the perfect place for our wedding reception. I went to a lot of so-so looking places, I met a few rude and unaccommodating Inn owners (one of which was so vulgar with her words, we left before the tour of the property was over), and I ate a lot of only okay food. Centre Bridge was the last place we looked at, I had a gut instinct and knew immediately that it was the place for us and I will never regret following that instinct. If you would like more information about our experience working with Centre Bridge and our reception, please send me a message.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank MayHee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Essex, Maryland
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed here the middle of April.
It looked good from the outside but when we got to the room it looked like they where in the middle of rehabing it.
Large hole in bathroom wall behind toilet, plastered over hole in one of the wallpapered walls, smoke detector in bathroom taped over, metal strip between setting area and bathroom had screws sticking out of them (I ripped the bottom of my sock, It could have been my foot), Toilet tank handle about to fall off (they did repair this). Look at the pictures.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Bill_from_Baltimore
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My husband and I, on a whim, decided to take a chance on this little inn/restaurant and stay a night this past weekend. Boy! I am so glad we did! What a charming establishment with more than hospitable employees and simply amazing food! Our room was on the second floor with an unobstructed river view, a cozy bed, and a quiant, relaxing bathroom. Breakfast was served on the main floor in the morning -- about 7:30ish, a little early for me, but was reguarly replenished while we ate on the stunningly beautiful deck overlooking the river. We had french toast and frittata, foods I've never seen on any other contental breakfast in all of my travels. There were pently of other options, but we were happily stuffed. The inkeeper was delightful and catered to ours and everyone else's needs; she even played a quick game of hide-and-seek with another couple's kids which was really cute. Over coffee she advised us on the best areas to visit while we were there, like New Hope, Lambertville, Point Pleasent, Doylestown, Frenchtown, and other areas. We started off in New Hope and Lambertville, which ended up taking all day, so we decied to stay another night. When we retired to our room, our bed was made and essentails replenished. We ordered a bottle of wine from the hopping Centre Bridge restaurant and relaxed in bubble bath.

The next day after breakfast we took a stroll on the canal , then visited Doyestown, which was simply lovely. We were unable to get to Frenchtown; there is just so much to do! That evening we ate in the inn's restaurant. We didn't have reservations, but they happily accommodated us. We ate on the upstairs deck, and though our server had to truck everything up and down those stairs, she was timely and pleasant -- impressive! Though there weren't really any specials, she advised us on the speciality drinks; I don't know what I ordered, but it had ginger beer and other yummy goodness, and my husband had a River Horse Hop-a-lot-amus -- he was impressed they had it! For dinner we had the signature mushrooms -- so creamy and delicious -- the beef tataki and tempuraed egg -- my goodness, wonderful -- and the scallops and grits and the rack of lamb -- the scallops were so tender and sweet with a perfect crispy carmelization, and the rack of lamb was perfectly rare and tender and scrumptious!

We were so happy with our stay at the Centre Bridge Inn, we really couldn't have been more pleased. And we can't wait to get back that way again!

Room Tip: River View was lovely!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ellouiseroth
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Friday night of their new menu, although the cocktails were listed online the bar was not ready to serve all of them. Best if you do not want to drink wine by the glass, as the only offering is the house brand which is not very good. The four slices of Italian bread in the bread basket were stale/hard, the replacement basket delievered without a word by the manager contained three slices of a warm cheese bread. Minutes later another replacement basket was delivered by the waiter and this one contained four still frozen dinner rolls. The calamari was mostly tentacles and missing a significant ingredient listed on the menu, the cherry peppers. The experience went further downhill when our dinners arrived barely at room temperature. The seafood pasta was like glue with a bland tomato sauce except for the extreme amount of salt. The salmon was so salty it was the only thing you could taste and again it did not match the menu description. The food was NOT edible. As our waiter was nowhere to be found, we went out front to find the manager. The hostess advised her and when she arrived she ignored us and went on to greet guests that had just arrived. The valet was ready with our keys and super nice. Their website asks people to write good reviews and will give you a "freebie" if you send it to them. I wonder what they would say about our ruined evening?

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank Traveler27NJ
Valley Forge, PA
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I took his Mother to this over rated Sunday brunch - soggy salad; tough as nails French toast; rubbery potatoes; dry beef (to mention a few of the almost inedible food selections) and lousy Sangria - 2 ounces for 9 bucks a glass. We had to bus our own table - twice! And when the bill came, an automatic 18% gratuity was added - for what? My hubby and I are not cheap, and have eaten at some of the finest restaurants around the world. But we do expect decent fare, value and service.
When we complained to the owner, he could have cared less.
Our advice - don't EVER go there!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Marilyn G
Norwood
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We were booked for 2 nights in September. The room smelled musty, the bathroom was dirty, the 5 star restaurant was horrible, there was a Wedding there, kids running around screaming on top of their lungs, and our car was held captive because it was buried in the parking lot behind all the wedding cars. We were told if we planned to go out the next night we have to make arrangements with them - instead of the them having designated parking spaces. The CONTINENTAL breaklfast does not show up till 8:00 am - not even coffee. After the first night I could not wait to get out of there - I told them we were checking out a day early because we were not happy with anything - they offered to refund us the tax for the second night (about $25) on my charge - which they never did. I cannot honestly say how anyone could give this place good reviews, I never complain about anything just usually chalk it up but I could not let this pass!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dregirl
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here for my birthday weekend. We arrived after dark on a Friday and were initially thinking it was way too far out of town. But our two-room suite was charming, albeit a bit musty. (The place IS 300 years old!) We had reservations for dinner at the restaurant downstairs. It was lovely! We had a table by the huge roaring fireplace, which is one of the original fixtures from when it was first built. (Our server was very knowledgeable!) We had a lobster mac and cheese appetizer, which was delicious and filling. I was so full, I barely made a dent in my entree, which was an eggplant dish. It was scrumptious! My husband is still salivating over the sweetbreads he had. The food and service were exceptional. I should also give props to the continental breakfast, which comes with a stay. The coffee was good, hot and plentiful . . . and joy, fresh, flaky croissants! There were also juices, granola, fruit, yogurt and waffles. You can eat en suite or in the cozy dining room, overlooking the river. Overall, a most enjoyable visit . . . everyone was so friendly, we will be back.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms/suites are a bit warmer. I heard folks upstairs complaining about the cold.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
Mansion Inn
Mansion Inn
#18 of 19 in New Hope

Been to The Centre Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!