“Wanted to like this place, but TRULY needs updated!”

The Centre Bridge Inn
Ranked #11 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh
“Wanted to like this place, but TRULY needs updated!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I know its 300 years old, but they have not updated the interior bedrooms since the 70's and not very well maintained. Its a B&B, but simply wasnt charming, just old. Dingy, dusty. Our room was very tiny, no big deal, but bathroom was insanely small with super old and water rusted fixtures...a plunger next to the toilet, never a welcome sign to me. I was very disappointed. New Hope is quite quaint, and this place has the perfect location, parking, historical background to be great, but it needs a total overall.

Room Tip: Only nice rooms i saw where the 2 larger suites, but the price of those is outrages given the much n...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank plysy
KenInnkpr13CBI, Front Office Manager at The Centre Bridge Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
We heard your concerns and have taken them to heart! Thank-you for taking the time to write and post your review of our establishment, the Centre Bridge Inn. As the new Innkeeper of the Centre Bridge Inn I would like to take the time to let you know that we have addressed your concerns and critique and made every effort to correct them. I would like to invite you rebook with us upon your next visit to the New Hope/Bucks County area and look forward to serving you and yours in the near future. Thank-you once again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Woodhaven, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Got a great living social deal for 2 nights for $216.00 (including a Sat. night). Great room-king size sleigh bed. good location for whatever you want to do-right on the river-too cold, however, to sit outside on the patio. When we came back on Sat. night with a "doggie bag", I had to go looking for someone to ask if there was a refrigerator I could put it in. Found the woman sitting down at the bar (that didn't bother me), but what bothered me was that she didn't even get up to go upstairs to show me where it was, she just told me where it was. Like I know the place! Part of the package was a $25 dining credit. Used it toward the buffet breakfast on sunday. Wasn't told the price when I made reservations, but that wasn't the problem. When we sat down, we were asked if we wanted bloody marys, mimosas, etc. Between us we had 5 mimosas. Food was cold and not plentiful for a brunch. When the bill came, the charge for each mimosa was $8 ($40 total). Total bill for cold food, and "weak" mimosas was over $80. We couldn't believe it-although we know to ask next time if the mimosas are included, i think it should have been told. We tipped on the $80 bill ($16) but still. Crazy. When we checked out the next day, there was a girl working in the office-I told her how unhappy I was with the buffet and all she said was that she would tell the owner. Never heard from the owner.-was disappointed in that. Wouldn't go back-it's a shame because it was a nice location and room.

Room Tip: There is only one room with a king size bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank joanm914
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Very Slow service. Took an hour to get the food. Several items sold out.
Waitress did not care. Hardly saw the waitress. The prime rib was tough. The waitress was told about the prime rib and said to us that she did not see anything wrong with it.
There are better choices in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank L M
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Many people enjoy staying in historic, small inns but I am not one of them. My main concern is that "historic" ends up being the equivalent of run-down, tired and in need of major renovation. The room was clean and bright but the deferred maintenance was obvious. The view of the river is very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CuriousTravelerRadio
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Chose to stay here vs. a corporate hotel, hoping to enjoy the charm. Was charming to look at, but they miss on all the details to make the Inn worth the price. Disappointing. Personal service was non-existent.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end near the parking lot / entrance are over the door way. Exiting restaurant workers...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Terri H
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is THE place for your wedding reception. Look no further if you're getting married and want to give your guests an amazing experience.

I am a very type-A person and I didn't mess around when it came to my wedding plans. I started working with Melissa, the Event Coordinator at the Inn, a year and a half before my wedding and she took the event as seriously as I did. She replied to all of my emails and phone calls, if not immediately, within 24 hours at the latest. She was a true pleasure to work with and our day went on flawlessly because of her hard work.

Jerry and Melissa accommodated my EVERY request without batting an eye (and I had a LOT of requests, many of them could be considered strange). The servers and bartenders are unlike any I've ever met at a wedding reception. They were professional, efficient, friendly, and my guests loved them.

The food is not wedding food. It is restaurant food, and it's cooked to perfection. They were even able to (easily) accommodate vegan guests. At the end of the day, the food was the #1 aspect of the reception that my guests were raving about. My guests who stayed at the inn loved the accommodations and have nothing but good things to say about their rooms. My mom stayed there for 5 days before the wedding and had full access to their newly renovated deck the whole time.

We didn't get married here, however I've seen pictures of weddings here and they are truly breathtaking with the Delaware River in the background. The upstairs patio and downstairs dining room have been renovated this year and they are stunning upgrades to the Inn's historical charm.

I looked all over Bucks County for the perfect place for our wedding reception. I went to a lot of so-so looking places, I met a few rude and unaccommodating Inn owners (one of which was so vulgar with her words, we left before the tour of the property was over), and I ate a lot of only okay food. Centre Bridge was the last place we looked at, I had a gut instinct and knew immediately that it was the place for us and I will never regret following that instinct. If you would like more information about our experience working with Centre Bridge and our reception, please send me a message.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank MayHee
Essex, Maryland
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed here the middle of April.
It looked good from the outside but when we got to the room it looked like they where in the middle of rehabing it.
Large hole in bathroom wall behind toilet, plastered over hole in one of the wallpapered walls, smoke detector in bathroom taped over, metal strip between setting area and bathroom had screws sticking out of them (I ripped the bottom of my sock, It could have been my foot), Toilet tank handle about to fall off (they did repair this). Look at the pictures.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
Mansion Inn
Mansion Inn
#18 of 19 in New Hope

Been to The Centre Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!