“A lovely time.”

Ranked #12 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Staten Island, New York
“A lovely time.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My boyfriend and I truly enjoyed this B&B. Our room(s) were neat and clean and decorated nicely. We could not complain about the view at all! True maybe it does need some updating but that all just adds to the charm of the place. We had a great meal overlooking the river, the food was delish, our waitor friendly. In the am we received a very yummy deluxe continental breakfast. No compalints and we look foward to visiting again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandy s
KenInnkpr13CBI, Front Office Manager at The Centre Bridge Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
As the Innkeeper of the Centre Bridge Inn I want to thank you for taking the time to write and post your positive review of our establishment. We always welcome feedback and are always striving to meet and exceed our guests level of expectation. I wanted to take the time to make you aware that our executive chef, Fred Moffit, is hard at work creating and infusing our soon to be released spring/summer menu and it would be our pleasure to host you and yours once again upon your next visit to the New Hope/Bucks County area. And when you are ready, we are here for you and would love to host your wedding event as it would be an honour to host you and your families in such a capacity. Thank-you and many happy returns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Willow Grove
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I went for dinner with another couple Sunday evening, May 5, 2013. When we arrived we were the only customers, and were told to sit wherever we wanted. We chose a table overlooking the river. The view was lovely. However, it took too long to receive a menu and have our water glasses filled. (I think the waitstaff was discussing how they were going to split the tip from an earlier large party). Actually, water was put into the wine glasses, not the water goblets.
The waiter was very good about telling us the specials, including the cost, which I appreciate. Three of us ordered clam chowder, which we thought would be New England. Instead it was Manhatten. ..Disappointing. The waitress who brought it passed it across the table, instead of serving it properly from behind.
The PRICES HAVE INCREASED CONSIDERABLY since we dined here six months ago. Two people in our party ordered filet of beef. An 8-ounce portion is now $37.00, up from $32.00. It was nicely cooked, but looked smaller than what was described. However the plates also had tasty scalloped potatoes and fresh green beans.
I ordered scallops, which were completely covered in sauce, rather than being drizzled with it with the excess on the side. It made me wonder what the chef was trying to hide.
Our meal did come with salads, correctly described by the waiter as "small". The Italian bread was dry, as if it were sliced earlier and then allowed to sit uncovered in the air. When extra butter was requested it wasn't the whipped butter initially provided, but obviously was sliced from a stick. It tasted like margarine.
We had one of the less costly bottles of wine and dessert. Including tax and tip the price was almost $250.00

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight. We just went to the establishment for dinner.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EKG_13
Thank-you for taking the time to write and post your critique of our establishment. We heard your concerns and have taken them to heart. We recently have introduced a three course pre-fixe dinner that includes soup or salad to begin, your entrée with starch of your selection and dessert as well. We would like to invite you to return and want to assure you that we have addressed any staffing concerns you may have had as well. We look forward to serving you and yours upon your next visit to the New Hope/Bucks County area. Thank-you once again.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I know its 300 years old, but they have not updated the interior bedrooms since the 70's and not very well maintained. Its a B&B, but simply wasnt charming, just old. Dingy, dusty. Our room was very tiny, no big deal, but bathroom was insanely small with super old and water rusted fixtures...a plunger next to the toilet, never a welcome sign to me. I was very disappointed. New Hope is quite quaint, and this place has the perfect location, parking, historical background to be great, but it needs a total overall.

Room Tip: Only nice rooms i saw where the 2 larger suites, but the price of those is outrages given the much n...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank plysy
We heard your concerns and have taken them to heart! Thank-you for taking the time to write and post your review of our establishment, the Centre Bridge Inn. As the new Innkeeper of the Centre Bridge Inn I would like to take the time to let you know that we have addressed your concerns and critique and made every effort to correct them. I would like to invite you rebook with us upon your next visit to the New Hope/Bucks County area and look forward to serving you and yours in the near future. Thank-you once again for your review.
Woodhaven, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Got a great living social deal for 2 nights for $216.00 (including a Sat. night). Great room-king size sleigh bed. good location for whatever you want to do-right on the river-too cold, however, to sit outside on the patio. When we came back on Sat. night with a "doggie bag", I had to go looking for someone to ask if there was a refrigerator I could put it in. Found the woman sitting down at the bar (that didn't bother me), but what bothered me was that she didn't even get up to go upstairs to show me where it was, she just told me where it was. Like I know the place! Part of the package was a $25 dining credit. Used it toward the buffet breakfast on sunday. Wasn't told the price when I made reservations, but that wasn't the problem. When we sat down, we were asked if we wanted bloody marys, mimosas, etc. Between us we had 5 mimosas. Food was cold and not plentiful for a brunch. When the bill came, the charge for each mimosa was $8 ($40 total). Total bill for cold food, and "weak" mimosas was over $80. We couldn't believe it-although we know to ask next time if the mimosas are included, i think it should have been told. We tipped on the $80 bill ($16) but still. Crazy. When we checked out the next day, there was a girl working in the office-I told her how unhappy I was with the buffet and all she said was that she would tell the owner. Never heard from the owner.-was disappointed in that. Wouldn't go back-it's a shame because it was a nice location and room.

Room Tip: There is only one room with a king size bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank joanm914
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Very Slow service. Took an hour to get the food. Several items sold out.
Waitress did not care. Hardly saw the waitress. The prime rib was tough. The waitress was told about the prime rib and said to us that she did not see anything wrong with it.
There are better choices in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank L M
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Many people enjoy staying in historic, small inns but I am not one of them. My main concern is that "historic" ends up being the equivalent of run-down, tired and in need of major renovation. The room was clean and bright but the deferred maintenance was obvious. The view of the river is very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CuriousTravelerRadio
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Chose to stay here vs. a corporate hotel, hoping to enjoy the charm. Was charming to look at, but they miss on all the details to make the Inn worth the price. Disappointing. Personal service was non-existent.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end near the parking lot / entrance are over the door way. Exiting restaurant workers...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
Mansion Inn
Mansion Inn
#18 of 19 in New Hope

Been to The Centre Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!