“Hotel is OK-Adrianna is a unprofessional and nasty employee-BAD SERVICE, RUDE AND NASTY”

Clarion Inn & Suites New Hope-Lambertville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Was at the Ramada last Nov, booked my room as well as a friends room and used my Amex to HOLD the rooms. Checked in, all was ok. The desk did give my friend a bit of an attitude when he asked for a room with a refrig for his medication.
Checked out 4 days later-put my room on my CC and my friend checked out and paid his own with his CC. A month later i got my Amex bill and had been charged for both. So I called and they took info and said they would get back to me, NEVER DID. I called again and got ADRIANNA. She was the most nasty person I have ever experienced in my 51 years on this earth. I have ever delt with, argued with me, yelled at me and all I was trying to do was resolve the UNAUTHORIZED double charge on my card. She went out of her way to be rude and nasty and hung up on me. So i called AMEX and disputed the charge. It was then and only then that it was cleared up after I had to make 4 calls.
Poor service, She should be fired. PLUS no hot water one morning but they didnt care. Said they had a lot of people staying there,,WELL< HELLO___Shouldnt the motel be able to handle capacity???

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joseph S
Doug B, Owner at Clarion Inn & Suites New Hope-Lambertville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for your comment. We have exchanged several emails on this subject.

Regarding Adrianna- she did not start working for us, so I think this may be a different person who actually stopped working for us in late November/early December.

Regarding the hot water. We had a boiler go out over a weekend. We had it replaced within 72 hours. It would have been sooner, but we had to wait for the replacement parts to be shipped.

It is my understanding that you have booked a visit with us soon. I am sure it will be a markedly different experience. New beds, linens, towels, shower heads, outdoor improvements, resort quality pool area, and new staff members.

We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I would not recommend this Ramada Inn. The rooms are old, no lightbulbs in 2 of our lamps, dead bugs on the bathroom floor. It was not clean. There were bugs crawling on the bed (not bed bugs...I hope). The ice machine is ancient and in a terrible location. The a/c did not cool off the room. I am very surprised at the Ramada for not upkeeping the rooms. The outside pool area is the nicest part fo the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nycbeachgoer
Doug B, Owner at Clarion Inn & Suites New Hope-Lambertville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Thank you for your comment. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please call the property and ask for me. Or email us at info@ramadanewhope.com

We do not have, nor have we ever had bed bugs. In fact, we have bed bug barriers on all of our mattresses and box springs to prevent infestation in the event that a traveler introduces them to the room.

Half of our rooms have all new furnishings, and all of them have new mattresses and box springs, as well as new linens, towels, shower heads and shower rods and curtains.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I was nervous about staying at what is now a Ramada Inn after reading so many so-so reviews but couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. We are from the Southern Jersey shore and needed to get away from the tourist over the 4th of July weekened. We got in late Saturday night and found the young woman at the front desk very helpful and pleasant. Our room was excellant with the most comfortable bedding. Sunday it rained off & on so we didn't get to enjoy the pool area so we asked if we could have a late checkout on Monday so that we could-she was again very helpful and we got to spend a few hours at the wonderful pool. The only complaint we had was the very small & limited complimantary breakfast and would have liked to have gotten a newspaper in the morning even if we had to pay for it.

Room Tip: book directly with Ramada's website for the best prices
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the compliment- we have worked hard to make changes in the property at significant expense.

We have also added additional staff and made improvements to the rooms.

Thanks for noticing!

Reviewed 23 July 2011

My first issue was poor air conditioning. It was the bed bugs that really upset me. My original room had them...just strolled right across the bed. It was mature so the issue isn't new..my replacement room had them too. Bed bugs are a difficult problem to manage...however if handled by a pro they can be treated/destroyed

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Oldscaper

We do not have, nor have we ever had bed bugs. We have gone to the expense of covering all of our mattresses and box springs with barriers to prevent infestation.

All of the mattresses and box springs are new, along with linens and towels.

Please email me at info@ramadanewhope.com or call the property and I would be happy to speak with you.

Reviewed 6 February 2011

i have stayed at this location multiple times. it was never great but always oddly friendly. this time was a mess. stayed to attend a friends party and expected a good time as he held the same event here last year. the party was great, the company great but the food was dull and the staff angry. the bartender, mike, was openly hostle and the servers not up to the challenge. the new owners are making a huge mistake, do you have any expierience in this world. does not look or feel like it. sell and get out.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank stanleyLambertville
Reviewed 1 December 2010

DONT GO THERE if you expect it to be like the previous owner NEVERMORE which was a gay friendly hotel. Ramada has taken over and it is terrible. No entertainment, We had no hot water . and poor room service....Dont be disappointed as we were.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank missneet
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Ok, After reading the reviews here first, I was not expecting much. We were traveling for a long weekend and I was hoping to get a Friday and Saturday reservation. When I called to make a reservation I was told that they only had Friday available. So I took the Friday night with the intention of asking the next day if there now an opening for Saturday. The hotel itself is nice enough, I did like the pool area and we did have intentions of trying out their nightlife, but we had spent a long day traveling and in town, so we turned in rather early.

The next morning when I went to checkout and inquire about Saturday night, I found no one at the desk, and since I really did not feel like waiting I just left without officially checking out. Something I have been doing at hotels across the country for many years and I have never had a problem. Two weeks latter I look at my credit card statement and see that I have been charged for two nights, not just the one I had reservations for on Friday. I called and spoke to a manager named Tim. Not only was he uncooperative in resolving the issue, he was disrespectful and rude to me. Even to the point of making rude personal remarks. After this treatment I protested the charge with my credit card company. I lost out since I did not have an receipt from them, so they took the hotels word.

So beware of staying at this hotel. If you do make sure you get a receipt and do an official checkout.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
The Brick Hotel
The Brick Hotel
#3 of 3 in Newtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites New Hope-Lambertville? Share your experiences!