“Great Show at Bob Egan's...(and the Chef!)”

Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I wanted to thank you folks, as well as Bob Egan's club for the enjoyable evening last night! The club was pretty filled with incredible musicians!! The show was fantastic! I also wanted to give kudos to your chef...the food was excellent!! Everything was prepared fantastically...and HOT! Very impressed, and hope for a return visit soon!!..(this time with family!)

Thanks again...and see you folks soon!
Jeffrey

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 August 2011

nothing but praise. very friendly staff. clean rooms. evertthing just right.
landscaped to perfection, flowers, bushes, plants.
located in lawns with a wooded view
tennis, pool.

Room Tip: get a room with a pool view lower floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2011

First noticed when we entered the room, was the smell. Built on cement slabs, a slightly musty odor was noticed. However, the air conditioning worked great (it was very warm the weekend we were there), the water pressure in the showers was better than expected, and the mattresses were quite firm and allowed for a good nights sleep. Although we didn't have time to check it out, I heard good things about the pool area. Skimpy offering for free breakfast, small muffins only.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My boyfriend and I were staying here for 2 nights for a wedding along with everyone else who was attending the wedding. When we called to make the reservation they told us they were very busy and needed to call us back - which happened a few days later. When we told them we were with a wedding and wanted the discount they told us we had missed the cut off date. When we checked in, they gave us a key to a room that someone was already staying in. We had to walk back to the desk and then walk back up again. Elevators are hard to find so we ended up using the stairs all weekend. The hotel they checked us in to was outdated and not the cleanest.

We had a good time at the bar in the lobby however service was terribly slow because they only had one slow bartender working (if you know you have a wedding coming in you should probably put some staff on standby). While heading back to our rooms at the end of the night a staff member followed us all the way back to our rooms telling us to be quiet (it was a 1 minute walk back to the room - escort necessary?).

The continental breakfast was fair and not refilled properly. There seemed to be no one working so it was a challenge just to get some more coffee (again, you have an entire wedding staying at this hotel).

After we checked out I realized I left a necklace in the room. When I called the hotel to ask them to check for it I realized the number had been disconnected. After doing some work to figure out a number I could call I finally got an answering machine. Apparently the lines were down for FIVE days due to inclimate weather. I left a message on this answering machine every day for the following 3 days and got no call back. They already had our money so I guess they didn't care to even call me back. Horrible customer service and we will never stay at another Ramada ever again.
The best part of the hotel was their outdoor pool and their soaps smelled nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Was at the Ramada last Nov, booked my room as well as a friends room and used my Amex to HOLD the rooms. Checked in, all was ok. The desk did give my friend a bit of an attitude when he asked for a room with a refrig for his medication.
Checked out 4 days later-put my room on my CC and my friend checked out and paid his own with his CC. A month later i got my Amex bill and had been charged for both. So I called and they took info and said they would get back to me, NEVER DID. I called again and got ADRIANNA. She was the most nasty person I have ever experienced in my 51 years on this earth. I have ever delt with, argued with me, yelled at me and all I was trying to do was resolve the UNAUTHORIZED double charge on my card. She went out of her way to be rude and nasty and hung up on me. So i called AMEX and disputed the charge. It was then and only then that it was cleared up after I had to make 4 calls.
Poor service, She should be fired. PLUS no hot water one morning but they didnt care. Said they had a lot of people staying there,,WELL< HELLO___Shouldnt the motel be able to handle capacity???

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joseph S
Doug B, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for your comment. We have exchanged several emails on this subject.

Regarding Adrianna- she did not start working for us, so I think this may be a different person who actually stopped working for us in late November/early December.

Regarding the hot water. We had a boiler go out over a weekend. We had it replaced within 72 hours. It would have been sooner, but we had to wait for the replacement parts to be shipped.

It is my understanding that you have booked a visit with us soon. I am sure it will be a markedly different experience. New beds, linens, towels, shower heads, outdoor improvements, resort quality pool area, and new staff members.

We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I would not recommend this Ramada Inn. The rooms are old, no lightbulbs in 2 of our lamps, dead bugs on the bathroom floor. It was not clean. There were bugs crawling on the bed (not bed bugs...I hope). The ice machine is ancient and in a terrible location. The a/c did not cool off the room. I am very surprised at the Ramada for not upkeeping the rooms. The outside pool area is the nicest part fo the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nycbeachgoer
Doug B, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Thank you for your comment. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please call the property and ask for me. Or email us at info@ramadanewhope.com

We do not have, nor have we ever had bed bugs. In fact, we have bed bug barriers on all of our mattresses and box springs to prevent infestation in the event that a traveler introduces them to the room.

Half of our rooms have all new furnishings, and all of them have new mattresses and box springs, as well as new linens, towels, shower heads and shower rods and curtains.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I was nervous about staying at what is now a Ramada Inn after reading so many so-so reviews but couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. We are from the Southern Jersey shore and needed to get away from the tourist over the 4th of July weekened. We got in late Saturday night and found the young woman at the front desk very helpful and pleasant. Our room was excellant with the most comfortable bedding. Sunday it rained off & on so we didn't get to enjoy the pool area so we asked if we could have a late checkout on Monday so that we could-she was again very helpful and we got to spend a few hours at the wonderful pool. The only complaint we had was the very small & limited complimantary breakfast and would have liked to have gotten a newspaper in the morning even if we had to pay for it.

Room Tip: book directly with Ramada's website for the best prices
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the compliment- we have worked hard to make changes in the property at significant expense.

We have also added additional staff and made improvements to the rooms.

Thanks for noticing!

Lambertville Station Inn
Lambertville Station Inn
#1 of 2 in Lambertville
Courtyard Ewing Princeton

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope? Share your experiences!