β€œWorth every penny πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘β€ 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope

Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Worth every penny πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Ramada during our visit to Sesame Place. The hotel was clean, pool was organized, breakfast was good for the price we paid for a family of 4. We met their new general manager "Juan" who was very helpful to our needs and informative of the surrounding area. The hotel is doing some renovations which was fine too (this is normal for hotels who wanted to improve their services). I'm looking forward to stay here again when we come and visit this area.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank YIPNCEL
JKTablizo, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear YipNCel,

Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. It was wonderful reading your review as we strive daily to present the absolute best in product, service and experience and it's wonderful to see it come together for our guests at such a critical time. I will be sure to pass along the kind words to the staff. I hope if your travels bring you back to the area or to sesame place, you will again choose us for your accommodations

Juan karlos Tablizo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I decided to take a last minute trip to New Hope and could only find a room available at the Ramada. We parked the car in front of the elevator since our room was on the second floor. Elevator was broken - not only broken - it looked like it had been vandalized. We took our bags and went up the stairs to our room. It was dark and dirty looking - lamps didn't work, the tub faucet never stopped dripping and the shower head was falling out of the wall. The next morning we went to the complimentary breakfast which was a room of crumb filled tables (which in fairness, the waitress did brush on to the floor when I sat down - nice) and consisted of Entenman's donut holes and I believe they were Toaster Strudels - I saw some soggy French toast and runny eggs but I didn't indulge. On the way back to the room, one of the workmen told us that the Inn had been renovated in 2010 and then showed us the gym - it was 2 pieces of equipment in a guest room that had the door removed with ripped and filthy carpeting. If I could have slept and showered with my shoes on I would have. We did get a discount on the bill because of the elevator being broken but when we got home I wanted to bath in Lysol. Won't EVER go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Celeste222
JKTablizo, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Celeste222,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. Our entire staff strives to provide excellent service, clean rooms and a wonderful experience to guest while visiting New Hope. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to your room allocation and breakfast service and the elevator out of service during your stay. The elevator is currently under repair, parts have been ordered already and soon it will be up and working again. I also want to share to you that we are currently renovating/ fixing the hotel hall way and the green paint markings you saw was not a vandalism. These markings are made for construction purposes. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I have taken notes and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Richboro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I called early Saturday morning wanting to use the pool for the day. The woman who answered the phone was very friendly and told me that to use the pool it cost $5 a person. Hearing that I was very excited to go. When I arrived, the pool was absolutely gorgeous. We got a spot a laid down for a little. When I wanted to see a menu, the server behind the bar asked if we paid to the pool. She then informed us that it was 10$ a person. I was shocked, I told her i called today and they said it was $5. She didn't seem to have a care in the world. She called the front desk while we were standing there and yelled at them saying "you need to make sure you tell people its $10 and not $5!!" So having to pay $10 a person I was pretty upset. The waitress was very unfriendly and rude. When i got my bill, I did not get a itemized receipt. I did not end up tipping her off the $20 for the pool entry charge, which she shouldn't be tipped off of anyway. So i left very disappointed with the service. Other then the service, the pool and atmosphere was very nice. The next day, I checked my bank account, and then realized my card got charged more then it should of. I was extremely pissed. I called and told the lady that answered the phone about my situation, she said a manager wasn't it today and that he will call me tomorrow. 4 days later and STILL NO PHONE CALL. Which I find very unprofessional. I know the waitress was pissed when she saw her tip, because it wasn't 20%. I ALWAYS leave good tips, but the way the staff handled themselves and how rude she was I didn't think she deserved it. So make sure you keep your receipts every time you go here, because apparently if you don't tip good enough, the staff will add what they think they should get.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DanielleS179
Doug B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for mentioning how nice and generous our swimming pool is. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your one day pass at the pool. Our Front office staff and bar attendants are trained with all our policies and procedures and one of that is telling our guest the right information. There must have been a misunderstanding between you and the front desk staff. For your future reference, our Pool Day rate is $5.00 from Mon through Friday and we charge $10.00 for Saturday and Sunday. Our rates have been the same and have never changed.
I understand your frustration about your bill, when a credit/debit card is used at the pool; an authorization is run on the card to make sure that the card is valid. At the end of the day, we clear these authorizations, but the time that the money takes to be put back on the card depends whether it is a credit or debit card. Debit cards usually take a couple business days, credits cards bounce back automatically, depending on the bank. Please call the hotel and leave a message and your contact number with the front desk staff, I would like to improve our service and communication in the future and would like to talk to you personally so we can make your next visit more enjoyable!

Thank you and we appreciate your business,

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

You can tell that the people running this property have worked hard to make an old design work for today. There's a few details that are left that will put it really great like paint, tiles, cobwebs and some cleaning of the outside hallways. Overall, it's great. Awesome pool and pool bar too. The HVAC units in the room are the window-type register units and though I always though they were inadequate and noisy, these are really nice HVAC units. Someone ponied up to buy the good ones... Great cost value to stay a night or 12.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Doug B, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thanks so much for your comment. We still have work to do, but we push forward every day to make improvements.

Hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Hope
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope? Share your experiences!