Mansion Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$103
US$143
US$133
Main Street Inn(Doylestown)
US$122
All reviewsdinner with friendsunder new ownershipscallopscouchbyob
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We had a wonderful stay ! We stayed in The Kensington Suite. It was decorated beautiful, the four poster bed was so comfortable. The owner, and staff were so nice and helpful. The Inn is beautiful. The location is perfect. You are right in town. We didn't hear any street noise. The restaurant is excellent. I highly recommend this beautiful Inn. We can't wait to come back. Thanks for a great weekend.
George Hawrey

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

the picture on the web was totally deceiving. i stayed in the windsor suite. bathroom has paint peeling off walls title around bathtub was cracked.windows are fifthy. blow dryer is so old and dirty. the carpets are so dirty. nails are sticking out of the wall in livingroom. there is no central air as stated in the web site only 2 small airconditioners in the windows. the bedroom bedspread is fiflthy and torn and so are the shams for the pillows. i found bugs on the sheets and told management that i left them on a tissue in the bedroom for her to see and when i came back to the room they had the nerve to leave them on the tissue still in the room what a mockery.the whole room needs a paint job and has to be redone just like the gardens with overgrown shrubry.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
12  Thank cheri2053
Reviewed 6 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary. When you walk in (mind you, your check in entrance is through the restaurant's kitchen) you have to find your way to the front desk. We were then shown to our room- we stayed in the Windsor suite which is supposedly the "bridal suite". I'm not sure which bride stayed here, but must have been 150 years ago. The room was GROSS. I opened my drawer and had someone else's dirty lingerie left in my drawer!! Um, I guess they do not clean the rooms too well between guest.
The bathroom's paint was peeling and missing. The toiletries were left over from the other guest. The tub was filthy and I had to scrub it myself. The bedroom wallpaper is missing and peeling off.

Please, do not think I am being cheap, but this place is definitely not worth the $250 a night charge we paid. I now equate the Mansion in to the motels down the shore.

13  Thank milena229
Reviewed 18 May 2010

PROS:
Ideal location in center of town -- can walk to all activities/shops in New Hope and Lambertville.
On-site parking - important in a town where parking can be a challenge.
Large rooms -- we stayed in the Windsor Suite which has a living room, bedroom and bath. All rooms were large and bright. Nice bathrobes.
Staff -- very pleasant and helpful.
Restaurant - good with charming dining room as well as outdoor seating.
Breakfast - standard continental fare.

CONS:
Needs maintenance -- I agree with earlier reviews that said the room needs work. The rugs were dirty, the couch was worn and torn, windows don't open easily or at all, air conditioner on last leg and located only in bedroom so it doesn't cool the living room very well, walls in bathroom cracked and peeling.
Picture on web site - is misleading
Coffee -- only available once breakfast is being served. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts across the street but still would have been nice to have something for guest in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank egliz
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My wife and I just came back from The Mansion Inn after a weekend in New Hope. The live music played till 11:50pm, so don't count on getting any real sleep till very late. When I went downstairs to complain I was told it was only 11:30pm and that it would soon stop, when it was really 11:50pm, so he lyed. When we again complained about it in the morning no one seemed to care. The rooms were nothing special, as was the whole inn. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, where they may care.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple