“Great B and B!!”

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great B and B!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Great B and B.
Stayed here with my wife 4/13/13.
The owner Valerie is very nice and accommodating.
We stayed on the top floor, in the Windsor suite, which was excellent.
The location and parking they have can't be beat.
The breakfast in the morning was very nice and of course convenient.
Quite honestly, there really isn't any reason to stay anywhere else in New Hope
but here....

Room Tip: Windsor suite was quite large with a separate sitting room and gas fireplace. Loved it!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hfeinb

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Englewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We have been to many B&B's and this is the very first time I have ever had anything negative to say . My husband, myself and another couple came to the Mansion Inn for an overnight stay. When we pulled into the parking lot and saw the barn that our rooms were in , we should have left then . Paint was peeling , the blinds in the windows were broken , and green moss and dirt all over the stairs and railings. The grounds were horrible,broken junk in the yard , just a mess. We checked in and were taken to our rooms , when the door opened the first thing we saw was a filthy , dirty, stained rug . It was gross ! When I looked up I see the bed is 4" off the floor on one side and 10" on the other side. The TV was smaller than my computer screen . The room was null and void of any decor. Then we went into the bathroom , The toilet seat was worn and broken,there was a screw coming out of the back seat cover . There were a number of holes in the walls where curtain rods must have been. We went downstairs to ask for a refund because the room was too dirty to stay in, we were told that because we bought it through groupon , we could not get a refund. When we told the Inn Keeper there was not much of a response, she did tell us that the carpet was not dirty , it was just stained .It was disgusting. She said that no one had ever complained before us. I guess she doesn't read Trip Advisor we should have.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank emags50

Travellers are raving about these New Hope hotels

Suffolk County
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I went with a small group of friends to the Mansion Inn one weekend in January 2013. The cottages were extremely outdated, in poor repair and unclean. I was appalled at having spent $436.00 for the two evenings. I emailed the owner with my complaints and, as expected, did not receive a response. We chose to spend all of our time out of the residence. We highly recommend the Logan Inn, which was several door away. Staff was fabulous, dining was excellent and rooms were beautiful.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Deborah S
New York
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We had a wonderful stay ! We stayed in The Kensington Suite. It was decorated beautiful, the four poster bed was so comfortable. The owner, and staff were so nice and helpful. The Inn is beautiful. The location is perfect. You are right in town. We didn't hear any street noise. The restaurant is excellent. I highly recommend this beautiful Inn. We can't wait to come back. Thanks for a great weekend.
George Hawrey

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
brooklyn
Reviewed 29 June 2010

the picture on the web was totally deceiving. i stayed in the windsor suite. bathroom has paint peeling off walls title around bathtub was cracked.windows are fifthy. blow dryer is so old and dirty. the carpets are so dirty. nails are sticking out of the wall in livingroom. there is no central air as stated in the web site only 2 small airconditioners in the windows. the bedroom bedspread is fiflthy and torn and so are the shams for the pillows. i found bugs on the sheets and told management that i left them on a tissue in the bedroom for her to see and when i came back to the room they had the nerve to leave them on the tissue still in the room what a mockery.the whole room needs a paint job and has to be redone just like the gardens with overgrown shrubry.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
12 Thank cheri2053
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary. When you walk in (mind you, your check in entrance is through the restaurant's kitchen) you have to find your way to the front desk. We were then shown to our room- we stayed in the Windsor suite which is supposedly the "bridal suite". I'm not sure which bride stayed here, but must have been 150 years ago. The room was GROSS. I opened my drawer and had someone else's dirty lingerie left in my drawer!! Um, I guess they do not clean the rooms too well between guest.
The bathroom's paint was peeling and missing. The toiletries were left over from the other guest. The tub was filthy and I had to scrub it myself. The bedroom wallpaper is missing and peeling off.

Please, do not think I am being cheap, but this place is definitely not worth the $250 a night charge we paid. I now equate the Mansion in to the motels down the shore.

• Stayed June 2010
13 Thank milena229
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2010

PROS:
Ideal location in center of town -- can walk to all activities/shops in New Hope and Lambertville.
On-site parking - important in a town where parking can be a challenge.
Large rooms -- we stayed in the Windsor Suite which has a living room, bedroom and bath. All rooms were large and bright. Nice bathrobes.
Staff -- very pleasant and helpful.
Restaurant - good with charming dining room as well as outdoor seating.
Breakfast - standard continental fare.

CONS:
Needs maintenance -- I agree with earlier reviews that said the room needs work. The rugs were dirty, the couch was worn and torn, windows don't open easily or at all, air conditioner on last leg and located only in bedroom so it doesn't cool the living room very well, walls in bathroom cracked and peeling.
Picture on web site - is misleading
Coffee -- only available once breakfast is being served. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts across the street but still would have been nice to have something for guest in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank egliz
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!