“A Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
Porches on the Towpath
Ranked #3 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My husband & I recently spent our 35th anniversary at this spectacular B & B. If you love flowers and nature at it's finest, there is no place to rival this gem. Cozy, charming and welcoming, this B & B is 5 star all the way. It's hidden location keeps it private, yet it is steps away from the heart of the town. The owner John made us feel at home and shared his knowledge of gardening. Also his decorating touches were sensational. The staff, especially Carol, was exceptional. And Mimi, the resident Jack Russell terrier, was adorable. The breakfast on the porch was absolutely delicious . We plan to make this a regular place to stay when we visit New Hope, which by the way, is a fun town to visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oreoandkitkat

Reviewed 24 May 2012

My partner and I recent had our first experince at Porches . I say first because we will return. John was a wonderful host, excellant cook and had a beautiful home. We stayed in the top floor room that was just perfect for us. I can not say enough positive things about John and his home. Walking distance to everything, quiet location even though you're close to everything, and this review can't be posted without mentioning the most personal security service you will ever have with mimi, John's jack russell. We are looking forward to our next stay at Porches, which will be soon. You got it right John, thank you so much for such a wonderful visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Beautiful Location, Your Home Away from Home - I recently took my aunt to Porches for Mother's Day. Porches is tucked away down Fisher's Alley, right on the towpath. It is right off Main Street. It is so peaceful and relaxing. Every room is beautifully decorated and has a porch. My aunt, who has stayed at many places, remarked how clean the rooms were too.
Breakfasts were delicious. The owner, John, and the General Manager, Carol, are very caring and wonderful people. They want to make your stay a memorable one and are very helpful in giving suggestions on what to do or where to dine. There is a feeling of tranquility at this bed and breakfast. New Hope is my favorite place to visit and this bed and breakfast is one I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We have stayed at the porches many times throughout the years, and it's been consistently delightful. John the owner/ innkeeper goes out of his way to ensure that his guests have a complete getaway experience even outside of the porches. John has a rich history with New Hope and has some funny stories. He takes the time to offer customized recommendations for each guest. We decided to take him up on each one this time, and as a result this was our best visit to New Hope yet. The complete package. Having breakfast there every morning was very nice too. We stayed in the middle of the week and found many deals in town including the room fee.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I've just returned from a getaway with old friends. We stayed at Porches and we all agree -- we can't wait to visit again. Porches has a great location in New Hope - you can walk the towpath, shop or dine. Everything is within easy walking distance. Yet, there is a private feeling to Porches. Off Fisher's Alley, one is in a quiet oasis, filled with flowers and, of couse, a great wrap-around porch.

The breakfasts were delicious (and I am a third-generation restaurant owner). The rooms take you back in time to a gentler age. Tasteful antiques and bric-a-brac abound. Porches feels cozy, like an English cottage that is suddenly "yours".

Best thing about Porches? Our host: John. Gracious, informative, interested and interesting. Warm and welcoming without fussiness. A perfect balance of professionalism and genuine hospitality.

If you want to stay in a place with real character, in the heart of New Hope yet still tucked-away, and get that wonderful feeling of truly being "at home" -- then do try Porches on the Towpath.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Porches May 4 & 5th, 2012. We had an incredible weekend getaway! John, the inn keeper, was always available if you had questions, or needed directions. He definitely loves what he does, and it shows. Carol, the inn's General Manager was absolutely wonderful - she made our dinner reservations each night, and was able to get us into places that we would not have gotten into if we called on our own. Breakfast in the mornings were delightful, always service with a smile. We stayed in room 6 which was private and secluded from the other rooms - the room was very well appointed and had everything we needed. We sat out each evening on the upper level of the covered porch and enjoyed the sounds of music and people around the area enjoying life. The towpath was right next to the B&B which was really nice - we were able to go for long walks, and be by ourselves and enjoy nature, yet the B&B was centrally located to all the shops and restaurants, so that it was also easy to be where all the fun was. We would definitely recommend this beautiful B&B for your romantic, peaceful getaway!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at this wonderful B&B Apr 13-15. We absolutely loved our stay. We were in room 2, a very cute room with a private bath. My only complaint is how hard the bed was...I have no idea what kind of mattress it was, but truthfully, sleeping on a carpeted floor would have been more comfortable. Both my husband and I had sore backs...a simple foam mattress topper would do wonders if you don't want to replace the mattress!!!

Other than that, John (and his dog Mimi) were wonderful and showed such hospitality. John clearly takes pride in his job and enjoys it immensely. Carol (not sure if that's her name) was fabulous and got us a reservation at Marsh Brown's even though on OpenTable and when I called myself there wasn't an availability. Hot breakfast was delicious, and the coffee was YUMMY! None of that watered down stuff here. The location is fantastic, walking distance to everything! We would definitely stay here again :)

If you're looking for a posh, 5 star establishment, then maybe you shouldn't stay in New Hope. If you are looking for a charming B&B with character and where everyone knows your name, then stay here! Porches was exactly what my husband and I were looking for in a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to Porches on the Towpath? Share your experiences!