“Overnight Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
Porches on the Towpath
Ranked #3 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for one night in Room 12. The price is reasonable and booking/check in were easy. We had people staying above us and I know the building is older but you could hear EVERYTHING... and at one point it sounded like they were rearranging furniture. Our room was beautiful and I loved the tub for 2. It was clean and decorated very nice. The only issue with the room itself was the TV. They did tell us if you turned it off by the remote that it's a hassle to get it back on (which we did by mistake). We ended up with no TV to fall asleep to as we both like to do AND it would have maybe drowned out the elephants above us. I would maybe stay here again if on a budget but would probably try a second floor room.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 November 2013

A group of five women all 20-30yrs decided to get away from city life and head to New Hope to celebrate our friend/sister's 30th birthday. We stayed in rooms 11 and 12. Everything about our stay was wonderful. The hosts were very gracious and accommodating. I am a nursing mother and the management went out of their way to make sure I was able to store my milk over the weekend. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. I even got a chance to soak in the gorgeous tub. If you are looking to get away from NY/NY or DC, this was the perfect place. We also all agreed that we will return with our spouses/partners to enjoy the place as a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

John is a wonderful host and Porches is a lovely getaway in the romantic town of New Hope (with the edgier Lambertville right across the bridge)... no need for a car but certainly, rent bikes or hike the great paths along the Delaware River.

enjoy...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

This seems to be the general consensus here, amazing location with some small negative things that really make Porches just an average B&B.

The Pros:
You just can't beat the location.
1-3 blocks from everything and a 10 minute walk to Jersey. The rooms have an excellent charm about them and are tastefully decorated. Also the porches are fabulous as well. The staff will assist you with pretty much the basics, where to go what to do. Nothing too exemplary about them.

Cons:
They need to do some landscaping. It's not that it looks bad, just unkept. Most rooms are small, very small. Honestly, the breakfast wasn't worth writing home either.

We stayed 2 nights and it was okay. The food in town is amazing. Almost anywhere you go is notch food/wine/beer. Porches is a nice B&B, no frills but it does what it's supposed to. It wouldn't be my first choice when we go back, but I would stay there again in a less expensive room for the location alone.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank SleptInYourBed
Reviewed 18 November 2013

When we first pulled up to the Inn, we were a bit disconcerted as it is up an alley near a Verizon storage unit of some sort. However, upon going to the main house and being shown our room in Cone of the outbuildings, we were pleasantly surprised. Lovely room, very clean. carol was very friendly and made us feel quite comfortable. Breakfast is adequate and served in your room if you request it. Would love to see the garden when in full bloom, and plan to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and just spent a marvelous night at Porches..We stayed in Room 9 and were treated to a very attractive accommodation..quite unique and a very comfortable California King Bed. The staff were friendly, very helpful and gracious.Porches is in a terrific location just up from Main St, but secluded enough to be very quiet.Thanks to some personal research and help from Carol at Porches we made the most of our short visit. I highly recommend and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the separate dwelling which includes Room 9.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway from NYC and I was lucky that Porches had a one night stay available--so we jumped on it.
Fabulous location--we parked the car and did not get back in it until we left--in walking distance to everything in town and to the bridge to Lambertville.
We stayed in room 12--WHAT A ROOM! Great bed--amazing claw-foot tub--just amazing and comfortable. My only complaint is that it adjoins to another room and we could hear the family with children as clear as if they were in our room--but that's traveling with kids--I'm sure it would be different if it was just adults in the room.
The breakfast in the morning--my husband and I agreed was the best B&B breakfast we have had--it was great!! A great size portion and hearty!!
The staff was friendly and helpful--We could not have asked for more!! We would definitely recommend it and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to Porches on the Towpath? Share your experiences!