“Great Location, Average Ice Cream”
Review of Gerenser's Exotic Ice Cream - CLOSED

Gerenser's Exotic Ice Cream
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It's always a nice day to spend strolling around the shops of New Hope. And sometime during the day there is always the opportunity to snack on an ice cream cone. Gerenser's has been there forever and worth having a cone of your favorite flavor. However, the ice cream is nothing special, just there when you want some ice cream. But for some reason, I always stop here.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I know it's an ice cream parlor, and I have happily scarfed down cones and sundaes here in the past (the variety of flavors boggles the mind). However, this time we decided to try the diner section for a quick lunch. I ordered French onion soup - something simple, I thought. IT WAS FABULOUS!! Perfectly toasted and buttered crouton under the creamy layer of cheese, perfectly delicious, hot soup underneath - I was really blown away! My husband had the chili, and he was very happy with that, too. The style of the establishment feels like eateries on the boardwalks in New Jersey - very casual and sort of rustic - just right for bringing the kids.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I walked in and got some african violet which tasted average. Not very unique as it seemed. I was appalled when I went in during a rain storm and there were buckets and leaks everywhere.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Recently visited here with the anticipation they have many "exotic" flavors. However, found this not to be the case. Majority of the flavors are fairly standard. Had the Midnight Jersey Shore and while it was tasty, not exceptional.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Good ice cream, ok selection but nothing to rave about. Based on the local recommendation we received I was expecting much more. Don't get me wrong, there was a decent selection of flavors but nothing terribly out of the ordinary or exotic. Pretty much the same as I can get at my local shop.