“Decent place for great value”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cross Keys Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Oxford
Mifflintown, PA
“Decent place for great value”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

we had a banquet that was being held downstairs, so we decided to stay the night with a discount on the already low price. When we checked in, we were given a coupon for breakfast the next morning at their diner. The room was clean, bed was comfy, heat worked well. My normal complaint is crappy pillows and the standard crappy shower curtain. We didn't have any other pillows to use or other blankets, but room stayed warm for us. We could hear people thru the walls of the hallway and bedrooms besides us. It was fine for us and treated us for what we expected. the breakfast at the diner next door was fantastic for a buffet and even without the coupon, we would have enjoyed it. If/when I need to stay near here again, I would be glad to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We wanted to spend some "time away from it all", but travel of any distance was not in the picture at the time. Made a reservation for a Jacuzzi room, which is great. Jacuzzi sits in an alcove of the main room, framed with arches and elevated a bit. Sat out a few candles, and had them lighted, with no other lights, and made a great cozy atmosphere. Jacuzzi is large enough for two to fit comfortably.

Place is clean, and those rooms sit back away from the highway making for a quiet evening.

There is a classy cocktail room and very good restaurant all attached, without even having to go outside.....if the weather is bad.

Room Tip: A few extra bucks for a Jacuzzi Room (if one is available) makes for a great relaxing time.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hal01
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I reserved a room at this hotel the night Hurricane Sandy was coming through. It was one of my worst experiences. While laying in my bed, I felt itchy the whole time. Thinking it was the blanket that was causing me to itch, because of the material, I took the blanket off of me and just slept with the white clean looking sheets.

In the morning when I got up I noticed the blanket that I had pushed to the side and bottom of the bed had blood stains and a hugh urine stain on the blanket. And they weren't from me.

NEVER again will I ever stay at this hotel!!! I can't see how the health board allows this hotel to stay open.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,476 reviews
Super 8 Hanover
Super 8 Hanover
#3 of 5 in Hanover

Been to Cross Keys Motor Inn? Share your experiences!